Newb to this site needing advice for TRT

Reaction score
testost results.jpg

Hi Guys, I have a problem that I am not getting much help from my doctor in correcting. I am 49 and have been on TRT for about 13yrs. I was told by my old doctor that my Free testosterone level was about 160 back 13yrs ago. He started me on 100mg/ml Delatestrol cypionate 2ml shot every 2 weeks. This seemed to work fine up until I changed doctors about 4 years ago. The new doctor (female) kept the same dose for me and I just noticed it never gave me the "kick" it used to after I got the 2x monthly shot.

Fast forward to today where my testes have shrunk to raisin size and I have no real drive for anything. Sex life is ok in the sense that my wife is not exactly looking forward to it so 3x a month seems to be ok with both of us. That isn't the real issue as much as my balls are like....GONE..I don't know why I never noticed this before now...but it is really on my mind all the time.

I got my blood work back this week and she said that I should see a urologist to talk about raising my levels as she cannot think of anything other than reducing my 2ml that she gives me.

I have been reading this forum and found a lot of interesting threads that talk about HCG being important and the LH levels as well. I am really frustrated as I started to work out again (5,7" 188Lbs) but I am finding what used to be easy for me to do before (lose weight, get strong quickly) has all but disappeared for me.

The other issue is the Urologist appointment is not until late June... (Canadian HealthCare...) so I guess I am stuck until then. I was thinking of following a friend from the USA's advice and taking some Anastrozole to counteract the effects of the injections aromatizing. I am also leary of going to one of those clinics in Canada because they all seem to prescribe Bio-Identical pellets and I am not sure that would help me.

Here is a copy of my blood test which was taken 2 weeks AFTER my last shot just before a new one was injected. If anyone can help give me some advice on what to ask for in terms of therapy or anything else I would be thrilled. Thanks in advance.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't start the anastrazole until you know whether your estradiol is too high.

You should be doing the injects weekly not every other week. Just start splitting it up so you are taking 100mg every week.

Reactions: DF
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice...I will ask my Doc to to another test of my blood for those levels. Do you think I am turning my injections into E2 too quickly? I can't understand why this did not happen fairly early in my therapy...not 8-10yrs later. I did not pay attention to my testes to be honest...but jeez louieez are they small...it almost looks like I am castrated.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice...I will ask my Doc to to another test of my blood for those levels. Do you think I am turning my injections into E2 too quickly? I can't understand why this did not happen fairly early in my therapy...not 8-10yrs later. I did not pay attention to my testes to be honest...but jeez louieez are they small...it almost looks like I am castrated.

At 400mg a month I’m assuming is how much you’re taking, I doubt there will be a need for an AI. Like Pillar said, try injecting 1ml weekly instead of 2ml every other week. The boood work you posted are your trough levels. Injecting more frequently will help raise this and smoothen out your blood levels between injections.

Your nuts shrank bc you’re taking test from a bottle. This shuts down your HPTA. The pituitary is no longer producing LH like before so there’s no stimulation for your Leydig cells in your balls to make natural testosterone hence the shrinkage. Hcg can help with this but this is more of a personal issue than a medical one meaning it’s more about cosmetics then anything that’s medically necessary. If it bothers you then take some hcg but understand this will raise your test levels so your test dose might need adjusting and hcg also will case estrogen to go up meaning you might need an AI.

Reaction score
At 400mg a month I’m assuming is how much you’re taking, I doubt there will be a need for an AI. Like Pillar said, try injecting 1ml weekly instead of 2ml every other week. The boood work you posted are your trough levels. Injecting more frequently will help raise this and smoothen out your blood levels between injections.

Your nuts shrank bc you’re taking test from a bottle. This shuts down your HPTA. The pituitary is no longer producing LH like before so there’s no stimulation for your Leydig cells in your balls to make natural testosterone hence the shrinkage. Hcg can help with this but this is more of a personal issue than a medical one meaning it’s more about cosmetics then anything that’s medically necessary. If it bothers you then take some hcg but understand this will raise your test levels so your test dose might need adjusting and hcg also will case estrogen to go up meaning you might need an AI.

Thanks for the advice!! I wanted to ask you how long it takes for my balls to start growing back to a reasonable size (12yr boy size would be an upgrade:32 (11):)

The other question is about the Bio-Identical pellets...what are your thoughts on them compared to the bottle?? I am in Canada and it seems any Longevity clinic I find all seem to push that angle for treatment. Would they also prescribe HCG as well or just pellets??

In the end...I would like to get back to somewhat normal and use Testosterone for my building up instead of the way I have it now...dependent and not producing. I wish there was a local guy I could speak to about this...my doc has me scheduled with a Urologist...I don't know if that is the right guy to be seeing. I also am unsure of when to test for E2...should it be right before my next shot or in the middle ?? Thanks again for all your help....

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!! I wanted to ask you how long it takes for my balls to start growing back to a reasonable size (12yr boy size would be an upgrade:32 (11):)

The other question is about the Bio-Identical pellets...what are your thoughts on them compared to the bottle?? I am in Canada and it seems any Longevity clinic I find all seem to push that angle for treatment. Would they also prescribe HCG as well or just pellets??

In the end...I would like to get back to somewhat normal and use Testosterone for my building up instead of the way I have it now...dependent and not producing. I wish there was a local guy I could speak to about this...my doc has me scheduled with a Urologist...I don't know if that is the right guy to be seeing. I also am unsure of when to test for E2...should it be right before my next shot or in the middle ?? Thanks again for all your help....

Within a week or two you should start noticing a difference. After a couple weeks they’ll max out at whatever size they’ll get to (might not get back to normal pre-TRT size).

Pellets are a DS a better option than gels or transdermal imo. Ppl who don’t like injections do very well on pellets and it’s only a monthly injection. You have much more control with regulars IM injections though. In the end it’s up to you which you prefer. Not all places prescribe hcg. You’ll need to ask them about it.

Urologists and endocrinologists are are usually the best to see about TRT. They’re better studied on the endocrine system. That’s not to say everyone of them will be great doctors but generally speaking, they know more than primary care doctors.

Reaction score
Within a week or two you should start noticing a difference. After a couple weeks they’ll max out at whatever size they’ll get to (might not get back to normal pre-TRT size).

Pellets are a DS a better option than gels or transdermal imo. Ppl who don’t like injections do very well on pellets and it’s only a monthly injection. You have much more control with regulars IM injections though. In the end it’s up to you which you prefer. Not all places prescribe hcg. You’ll need to ask them about it.

Urologists and endocrinologists are are usually the best to see about TRT. They’re better studied on the endocrine system. That’s not to say everyone of them will be great doctors but generally speaking, they know more than primary care doctors.

Thanks Doc...you say in a week or two I would be seeing a size difference. Would that be with HCG or just by regular injections weekly? I am a bit confused on that part of your response. I do hope they prescribe HCG...if they don't..I guess I will have to figure a way of buying some online..(any advice on that would be helpful as well)...seems a bit daunting because of so many overseas pharmacies and the difficulty in shipping to Canada. I had some benign stuff from china stopped so often i just gave up because these Canadian border services guys have nothing better to do than inspect every international package...

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
What Doc was trying to tell you is by using testosterone of any kind, suppresses/inhibits your body's ability to make It's own testosterone; that is why your balls have shrunk/atrophied. Changing your injection schedule to weekly will not change the atrophy of your balls... Only hcg will help revive them. But, as far as the injection schedule goes, I second Doc and POB's recommendation to switch to weekly... You will notice a big difference most likely. Also, switching to weekly will also most likely completely negate the concern of aromitization.

Reaction score
What Doc was trying to tell you is by using testosterone of any kind, suppresses/inhibits your body's ability to make It's own testosterone; that is why your balls have shrunk/atrophied. Changing your injection schedule to weekly will not change the atrophy of your balls... Only hcg will help revive them. But, as far as the injection schedule goes, I second Doc and POB's recommendation to switch to weekly... You will notice a big difference most likely. Also, switching to weekly will also most likely completely negate the concern of aromitization.

Thanks...I figured as much when it comes to the artificial source causing the atrophy...I guess I do need HCG for sure to get out of this mindset of Raisin sized balls driving me nuts. I was told by my doc (female) that it would take just as long to grow them back as it took to shrink them....So I thought it would take years to get them back...glad to hear it won't be that long. Can you tell me when the best time to check my E2 would be? would it be accurate when checking right before a bi-weekly shot or just after?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks...I figured as much when it comes to the artificial source causing the atrophy...I guess I do need HCG for sure to get out of this mindset of Raisin sized balls driving me nuts. I was told by my doc (female) that it would take just as long to grow them back as it took to shrink them....So I thought it would take years to get them back...glad to hear it won't be that long. Can you tell me when the best time to check my E2 would be? would it be accurate when checking right before a bi-weekly shot or just after?

Just have them check it with your trough reading... But honestly, if you switch to once per week injections, I almost guarantee you wont have issues with e2... But it doesnt hurt to check. If I take much higher doses of test, I notice my e2 spikes a few days after my injection. But on 100 mg per week, it shouldnt be an issue at all.

Reaction score
Just have them check it with your trough reading... But honestly, if you switch to once per week injections, I almost guarantee you wont have issues with e2... But it doesnt hurt to check. If I take much higher doses of test, I notice my e2 spikes a few days after my injection. But on 100 mg per week, it shouldnt be an issue at all.

Thanks...I will ask for the test next time I see my Doc just before my shot. I wonder what level 100mg per week would leave me at when I am at peak level. I mean...generally I feel like shit. I don't have much energy in the last few years ..but I have been doing the bi-weekly shots for years...so I don't think my body all of a sudden didn't like doing it that way. Other bloodwork shows up as fine. I just don't seem to get much of a kick from the shots anymore like I used to get. My friend who is an ex-lifter and about 55yrs says he takes a weekly shot of 200mg and 1 pill of anastrozole on the day of injection. Seems to work great for him...he thinks I may be converting it to E2 and need a blocker...oh well...lets hope this new Clinic I am going to see this week has some new ideas. I just don't like the thought of those pellets. I saw a video and it freaked me out a bit.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Thanks...I will ask for the test next time I see my Doc just before my shot. I wonder what level 100mg per week would leave me at when I am at peak level. I mean...generally I feel like shit. I don't have much energy in the last few years ..but I have been doing the bi-weekly shots for years...so I don't think my body all of a sudden didn't like doing it that way. Other bloodwork shows up as fine. I just don't seem to get much of a kick from the shots anymore like I used to get. My friend who is an ex-lifter and about 55yrs says he takes a weekly shot of 200mg and 1 pill of anastrozole on the day of injection. Seems to work great for him...he thinks I may be converting it to E2 and need a blocker...oh well...lets hope this new Clinic I am going to see this week has some new ideas. I just don't like the thought of those pellets. I saw a video and it freaked me out a bit.

200mg a week is excessive in most cases of legitimate TRT.

Reaction score
Is there a table that someone can reference when it comes to the mg shot they take and what it would equal to in your bloodwork? If someone was like me and producing next to nothing...would 100mg 1x a week equal to 250-350 or something like that? Or is it all up to the individual persons genetic make up that would make one guy be at 250 and another at 500? Just curious...

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Is there a table that someone can reference when it comes to the mg shot they take and what it would equal to in your bloodwork? If someone was like me and producing next to nothing...would 100mg 1x a week equal to 250-350 or something like that? Or is it all up to the individual persons genetic make up that would make one guy be at 250 and another at 500? Just curious...

Dr. Scally’s anecdotal experiences shows that your weekly dose multiplied by 7-10x will roughly esotmmate blood serum levels. Of course there are many factors that can influence this. It also tends to bias towards the high side since it’s an estimate designed to dictate PCT start time. So there is no table to reference per se but that should help give you a starting ground.

Reaction score
Dr. Scally’s anecdotal experiences shows that your weekly dose multiplied by 7-10x will roughly esotmmate blood serum levels. Of course there are many factors that can influence this. It also tends to bias towards the high side since it’s an estimate designed to dictate PCT start time. So there is no table to reference per se but that should help give you a starting ground.

Wow...well I can say that when my trough level is 136...and I just got a shot of 200mg...that there is NO way I feel like i am at 1400-2000 level if you go by that estimate. I feel a bit better...but not nearly that much better...which makes me wonder if there are other issues or if I am just expecting too much out of the TRT.

As I said before in a previous post...I used to feel a pretty big kick whenever I got my shot...its been a few years that it doesn't seem to do much for me. I even asked the doctor to throw away a bottle of the test and I bought a new one because I was sure they bottled the wrong amount or did something wrong. It didn't make much of a difference in the end (mostly in my head)...but there definitely was ZERO boost.

Should I be feeling a fair amount of difference after a shot? I will ask to go on weekly shots from next week onwards...I hope that makes a difference. Thanks again for all your advice...its been very comforting to get solid advice for a change.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Wow...well I can say that when my trough level is 136...and I just got a shot of 200mg...that there is NO way I feel like i am at 1400-2000 level if you go by that estimate. I feel a bit better...but not nearly that much better...which makes me wonder if there are other issues or if I am just expecting too much out of the TRT.

As I said before in a previous post...I used to feel a pretty big kick whenever I got my shot...its been a few years that it doesn't seem to do much for me. I even asked the doctor to throw away a bottle of the test and I bought a new one because I was sure they bottled the wrong amount or did something wrong. It didn't make much of a difference in the end (mostly in my head)...but there definitely was ZERO boost.

Should I be feeling a fair amount of difference after a shot? I will ask to go on weekly shots from next week onwards...I hope that makes a difference. Thanks again for all your advice...its been very comforting to get solid advice for a change.

like I said, it biases towards high and reflects peak levels not trough. You’re injecting every two weeks right now and test e/cyp half life is right around 5-7days or so which means your trough is going to be in the gutter before your next injection. You’re dozing outside of the half life. Don’t rush your changes/adjustments. Things take time to normalize. Start small. First order is to start doing 100mg weekly and go from there. Assess after 4-6wks. Talk to your doctor about what you’re doing and maybe he/she can help you or at the very least know what’s going on.

New Threads