Depression

Reaction score
Week 3 of my cycle of 10 weeks

500mg test E a week
.25 arimIdex EOD
500 IU of HCG a week

Feel pretty solid...haven't seen any big changes though.

What I'm wondering is if anyone had experienced depression after their cycle? How bad was it? How long did it last?

I have a history of depression and am wondering what I could maybe expect when I'm done. I wonder if I would be more susceptible because of my history.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Week 3 of my cycle of 10 weeks

500mg test E a week
.25 arimIdex EOD
500 IU of HCG a week

Feel pretty solid...haven't seen any big changes though.

What I'm wondering is if anyone had experienced depression after their cycle? How bad was it? How long did it last?

I have a history of depression and am wondering what I could maybe expect when I'm done. I wonder if I would be more susceptible because of my history.

Yes I have a short bit of depression after coming off cycle for a while,even though I take trt in between,I guess the higher dose of testosterone gets me up for a while and then the aburpt down dose

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
My advice to the OP is to stay just as focused (or even more so) after the cycle ends. Its when we allow ourselves to get distracted that we begin to fall pray to the negativity. If you have a bad day or two, dust yourself off, stand up and move forward again sticking to the plan. If you mess things up, acknowledge the failure, correct the thinking and reset your trajectory. Move forward. Expect the unexpected and be ready to adapt and overcome. And above all, be ready and willing to forgive yourself and others so you can be free to move forward.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gear side effects are not just physical but emotional as well. there is no arguing this. Depression from withdrawal is one of them. I don't have any answers as to how to combat it either. All I can say is if you already suffer from depression this can get very challenging.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
After my first cycle I didn't feel depressed just kinda empty.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I'm going to go a step further than Seek. An individual with a history of depression has absolutely no business taking AAS. It's a ****ing horrible idea all round and I see no positive outcome to arise from it. None at all.

You can apply what I just said to pretty much all mental disorders.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Coming off can really fk with you. The hormonal crash and then just going from super man to less an average man can definitely be depressing. Like every one stated bad idea to throw this in with outside depression issues.

Reaction score
Coming off can really fk with you. The hormonal crash and then just going from super man to less an average man can definitely be depressing. Like every one stated bad idea to throw this in with outside depression issues.

I found that in a case that I am familiar with the stimulants like caffeine were used as a sort of self medication and in the end high and low peaks became more pronounced.

This was not good

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'm going to go a step further than Seek. An individual with a history of depression has absolutely no business taking AAS. It's a ****ing horrible idea all round and I see no positive outcome to arise from it. None at all.

You can apply what I just said to pretty much all mental disorders.

Good catch Mr. R.

Narcissism and AAS go swimmingly together.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I can't and won't directly correlate the depression I went through after being off for three years. Life had become too much of a spiral and eventually, depression set in so dominantly that I had to seek help.

I went to a psychiatrist, and got out on anti anxiety, and anti depression medication. After being back on, I don't have anxiety so I don't take those anymore. The only thing I still take is the anti depressant, and it has helped tremendously.

Thezilla

Reaction score
As somebody mentioned up above you go from super man this huge high to just a normal or actually maybe lower then normal because your hormones are all ****ed up.
I do believe everybody is different psychologically but the thing that helps me the most is just accepting the fact your not Superman anymore. You are not taking an excessive amounts to make your levels higher then the norm. One of the hardest thing for me was before trt and coming off cycle ppl start noticing you deflate. “Damn your getting smaller” shit like that. For me that was a shitty feeling. I’ve also surpassed that which I don’t deflate as much anymore but if somebody says something I just say yea I’m not on cycle right now. They either take it as a joke or take it serious. Who the hell cares! Usually those are the guys coming up to me later like bro can you get me this lmao
I am older now so maybe it doesn’t get to me as bad any more but that man your looking smaller and feeling non Superman inside was hard to take. Never fell into any kind of uncontrollable depression
Maybe somebody else can relate to this^^^^^^

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't and won't directly correlate the depression I went through after being off for three years. Life had become too much of a spiral and eventually, depression set in so dominantly that I had to seek help.

I went to a psychiatrist, and got out on anti anxiety, and anti depression medication. After being back on, I don't have anxiety so I don't take those anymore. The only thing I still take is the anti depressant, and it has helped tremendously.

Man I’ve taking these things since 1995 been so long since I’ve been off them

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You gotta sack up sometimes

New Threads