New Membrer

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Hello all, just joined up, 42 year old here been lifting off and on (more off than on) for a very long time. Getting back in the gym and really trying to do it up this time and keep at it for the long haul.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I have to say i find this site very interesting and educating. I have been tossing around the idea of starting a cycle, but im trying to learn as much about it as i can before hand. And i have to say, there is so much more to it than i have ever anticipated. Have never been on anything in the past whatsoever, but the info on here is amazing!! And judging by what im reading on here, it looks like im not exactly ready to start a cycle and get the most benefit from it in my current shape.

42, 5'8 and about 235. and id probably est that bf % is probably around 20-25. So it is looking like i have a good bit more work to put in before i attempt any type of cycle. Getting my diet in check is probably the biggest draw back ive had.
But on the plus that will give me even more time to read up as much as i can on things.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Get your test levels checked. While you read up. Make sure there ok before you screw around with them.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Plenty of folks here that’ll be willing to help with diet and excersize advice. Good call getting those in place first and the guys on this site are great motivation in making this a lifestyle. (Except FD, he’ll push a different kind of lifestyle. Watch your drinks)

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Plenty of folks here that’ll be willing to help with diet and excessive advice. Good call getting those in place first and the guys on this site are great motivation in making this a lifestyle. (Except FD, he’ll push a different kind of lifestyle. Watch your drinks)

Freudian slip?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I actually had blood work drawn from my doctor last week, i asked him to add a test level but i think he is only running a total test, along with tsh and a metabolic and cholesterol level. I do work my ass off in the gym 5 days a week, diet has improved a ton over what it has been and have dropped down to the 235 from about 260 5 months ago. I happen to be a very impatient person by nature. But when it comes this type of stuff, ill fight the urge to rush in and make sure im well informed first.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. 260 to 235 in 5 months is great. I imagine you feel a whole lot better.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
welcome to ug

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UG!

Forget the gear for a little while and take the easy gains you got coming. You're killing it right now and that weight loss is damn good. Time in the gym is all you need for now. Relearn your body and see what it likes and what it doesn't like because the body seems a bit grumpier at 42 then 22. Once you hit a wall that you can not seem to get through, start to think about the gear. That maybe a few months or a few years but you'll know if you're honest with yourself.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Thats the plan, ive already got a grip on reducing the amount of fork lifting i do to help get rid of the extra fat i got on me. I honestly dont care about what i weigh, im not someone who had or ever will have a desire to compete or be on a stage of any kind. Im in it for myself and no one else.
Weight loss has stalled a bit but i think the fat loss has continued, i dont measure myself or get one of those scans to see what % of my body is what, i go by the mirror and i still have people telling me i look like i am losing weight, but they dont understand that its probably just fat lose

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Thats the plan, ive already got a grip on reducing the amount of fork lifting i do to help get rid of the extra fat i got on me. I honestly dont care about what i weigh, im not someone who had or ever will have a desire to compete or be on a stage of any kind. Im in it for myself and no one else.
Weight loss has stalled a bit but i think the fat loss has continued, i dont measure myself or get one of those scans to see what % of my body is what, i go by the mirror and i still have people telling me i look like i am losing weight, but they dont understand that its probably just fat lose

I’d be cautious with this. I’m in the same boat and keep telling myself the mirror is changing when my weight isn’t. I think it’s more in our heads then we’d like to admit.

When you get down to the bottom the muscle gain might offset the loses but when you’re at a higher Bf percentage it’s more likely extra calories are “leaking” into the diet somewhere.

New Threads