Reintroduction P90X

OBZ

Reaction score
I'm 5'9", 220lbs and 32yrs old. I just finished p90x. I was 238 before I started so I lost 18lbs. When I was 25 I was 176 and shredded up. I've worked out on and off since. Up until I started bartending 3 yrs ago 200 was heavy for me, everytime I got up to that weight I would hit the gym again. 3 months ago I stepped on the scale at the doctor office at 238. I decided I needed to do something because of health concerns. I was drinking 30-40 drinks a week so I dialed that back to less than 12 over my p9Ox routine. Now I'm going to cut alcohol out all together for my second bout with P90x. I eat a ton of hardboiled eggs for snacks, fruit, chicken salad with evoo, fish and venison, no beef. My goal was to loose 40lbs in 6/mo. When I was 25 I was happy with my appearance at 176 so I'm hoping now that I'm older I can have a similar look at 185? Isn't it true that your body frame support more lbs as you mature? I'm a broad dude and it actually masks my current obesity. Anyway, the problem I'm having is that I bust ass. I'm always sore tired and beat to shit. My life is only fun on day 1-3, 4567 suck. Looking for tips to aid muscle recovery and add energy throughout my day. Thank you for read looking forward to your input. I got legs and back to get after!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Diet and cardio. As you lose the weight your energy will improve.

Reactions: OBZ

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Dude, you're doing a good job; stay the course. You're lucky if you can hide your extra fat, bet you put it in your back and ass.

Now as for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), wear it like a badge of honor and courage. You don't want any DOMS, stay on the couch with a clicker beside you, a bag of chips between your legs and a big gulp Pepsi in your hand. If this was easy, everyone would look good.

Oh, and if some dude named Doc shows up and starts to chirp about "DOMS is not an indication of.... bla bla bla" Tell him snakey beat him to the post and you're going with him. :32 (18):

Last edited:

OBZ

Reaction score
Haha word. Ill keep riiping them muscles up. I got the post workout rush today(day 5) so maybe things will start to turn. Yesterday sucked.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Dude, you're doing a good job; stay the course. You're lucky if you can hide your extra fat, bet you put it in your back and ass.

Now as for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), wear it like a badge of honor and courage. You don't want any DOMS, stay on the couch with a clicker beside you, a bag of chips between your legs and a big gulp Pepsi in your hand. If this was easy, everyone would look good.

Oh, and if some dude named Doc shows up and starts to chirp about "DOMS is not an indication of.... bla bla bla" Tell him snakey beat him to the post and you're going with him. :32 (18):

Dammit Snake!!! Now I’m coming over and eating all your jerky and sausage

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great job on your weight loss and recommitting to health.

My wife bought P90X. Now it sits in our basement next to the pull up bar she doesn't use.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on dropping the booze and picking up the iron, or rubber bands, or whatever Shaun T or whoever has you working with... I remember their ab-ripper being ridiculous.

If something on my body isn’t sore, I feel like it was a wasted set the day before.
I need to feel that to know I went hard enough and if you train yourself to think that way, regardless of what Doc may be leaving in your inbox about “broscience”, you will crave the soreness.

OBZ

Reaction score
Its a lot of calisthenics. Push ups, pull ups, lunges squats. Legs 3 days a week, which I hated at first but my legs are probably stronger than ever.. The an ripper is legit. Ive never been afraid of working hard in the gym. I don't know if its cause I let myself slide so far or that I'm older but I've never had DOMS like this. I can shake it once I get going in a workout but its rough in the morning.

OBZ

Reaction score
My hammy started twisting up on me last night so I've been chugging water all day

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Ive come to love the DOMS, makes me feel like i put in a good workout.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Making changes is usually painful in whatever area of life you're doing so. Muscle soreness is something that makes me smile as long as its not my lower back.. :32 (6):

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB. Stay the course and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Good job.

OBZ

Reaction score
Just read the sticky on BMR and TDEE. I have a BMR of about 2100 and TDEE of about 3400. I started counting calories with an app. I think I'm going to get a fit bit like device so I can get a more accurate account of calories burned. I think my p90x workouts burn between 600-800 calories. What is the least calories I can get away with eating? I was thinking 2400. Cut 1k calories a day = 2lbs of fat a week. The criteria for TDEE was 3-5 days x 1.55 or 6-7 x 1.7 so I split the difference at 1.6.

OBZ

Reaction score
I'm sure the math isn't exact but at that rate I could reach my target weight by sometime in August

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
TDEE just gives you a starting point. Eat at 2400 then adjust based on the scale. This will set your calories based on your actual losses instead of the other way around. 2lb/week is a sustainable route.

I’d recommend MyFitnessPal (it’s unnecessary if you’re meal prepping). HappyScale is another great app for projecting your weight loss. Jump on the scale first thing in the morning For consistent readings. (Post morning-dump)

Reactions: OBZ

OBZ

Reaction score
Ok cool. I could see meal prep becoming a thing if I don't get the results I'm after. 'My fitness pal' doesn't break down nutritional facts of foods besides calories without the pay version of the app so I downloaded 'lose it'. I'll check out 'happy scale' app. I beasted my p90x and ate 2303 calories today according to the app.

Ironwood

Reaction score
Welcome and good job on the weight loss. Keep on trucking.

OBZ

Reaction score
I think I'm over the DOMS crest. I'm sore everyday but not depleted. I get the endorphin high post workout and everything I do feels more dileberate, even my thinking. One snag I've run into now that I'm counting calories is headaches. Do you think its a sign of eating too little or just my body changing? Sometimes eating more helps sometimes it doesn't. I'm down to 215.6 as of this a.m pre workout.

Last edited:

New Threads