Possibly starting TRT soon

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Well the doc sent me a message, apparently the follow up was just a repeat total test level that was still low. He mentioned doing the gel stuff for treatment. He seemed more interested in telling me about the risks of trt and that i should concentrate on diet and exerciser more. Like i havnt been doing that . I was able to find a clinic near me that offers injections so i may make an appt to see them if my doc isnt willing to prescribe the shots.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well the doc sent me a message, apparently the follow up was just a repeat total test level that was still low. He mentioned doing the gel stuff for treatment. He seemed more interested in telling me about the risks of trt and that i should concentrate on diet and exerciser more. Like i havnt been doing that . I was able to find a clinic near me that offers injections so i may make an appt to see them if my doc isnt willing to prescribe the shots.

Appreciate the update. Good luck with the clinic!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I did everything that supposedly raises test naturally and nothing works if you are hypogonadal IMO. Only replacement therapy. Maybe for people with below average levels it may work. but not when there is something pathological causing hypogonadism.

Gels are more expensive, less effective, less precise and can be transmitted to family members through skin contact. Just say no.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
The big thing ive noticed is that im having trouble getting rid of the extra weight since ive been back in the gym, I had a hell of a drop in total weight over a 5-6 month time frame, but since then nothing. Scale has remained static and over all appearance doesnt seem to have changed as much as i figure it should have with as much time im putting in at the gym and the lower/better food ive been eating.
This may very well be the cause of your problems.

I'd recommend eating at maintenance for a few weeks before your next blood test. Get off the dieting mentality for the time being. Once you're past a certain threshold, drastic drops in T levels due to dieting are fairly common and no, you don't need to be ripped for it to become an issue.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
This may very well be the cause of your problems.

I'd recommend eating at maintenance for a few weeks before your next blood test. Get off the dieting mentality for the time being. Once you're past a certain threshold, drastic drops in T levels due to dieting are fairly common and no, you don't need to be ripped for it to become an issue.

Dieting isnt exactly what id call it, been eating clean and healthy for the most part. Gym 5 days a week, 4 lifting and at least 3 days of some sort of hiit cardio or conditioning. Im eating somewhat less than before and the stuff i do eat is just better, lots of chicken, fish and veggies. But im not like starving myself. The repeat total test he did still shows it low. That was in the morning and fasted.
After reading up on it a little bit i think i have some of the other symptoms that go along with it too, such as mood and "hardness" i always just attributed it to me getting older. Ill see if the doc may be willing to go the rout of injections, although just from the tone of his message i dont think thats happening, and then ill check out the clinic who i talked to today.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Dieting isnt exactly what id call it, been eating clean and healthy for the most part. Gym 5 days a week, 4 lifting and at least 3 days of some sort of hiit cardio or conditioning. Im eating somewhat less than before and the stuff i do eat is just better, lots of chicken, fish and veggies. But im not like starving myself. The repeat total test he did still shows it low. That was in the morning and fasted.
After reading up on it a little bit i think i have some of the other symptoms that go along with it too, such as mood and "hardness" i always just attributed it to me getting older. Ill see if the doc may be willing to go the rout of injections, although just from the tone of his message i dont think thats happening, and then ill check out the clinic who i talked to today.
"I had a hell of a drop in total weight over a 5-6 month time frame" = dieting. If you're eating less than what is required to maintain your weight then you are dieting. Doesn't matter if it's a little less or a lot less. Also doesn't matter if it's clean & healthy (a healthy deficit is bullshit personified in most cases but I digress).

It is of course up to you to decide on the right course of action. I personally was very thorough in trying to get an accurate diagnosis of my condition before settling for TRT and a lifelong marriage to the needle. It is something to be carefully deliberated over. Don't be one of those guys who thinks testosterone = awesome and then is desperate to get off in a few years time and restore their natural function. Just my opinion.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
"I had a hell of a drop in total weight over a 5-6 month time frame" = dieting. If you're eating less than what is required to maintain your weight then you are dieting. Doesn't matter if it's a little less or a lot less. Also doesn't matter if it's clean & healthy (a healthy deficit is bullshit personified in most cases but I digress).

It is of course up to you to decide on the right course of action. I personally was very thorough in trying to get an accurate diagnosis of my condition before settling for TRT and a lifelong marriage to the needle. It is something to be carefully deliberated over. Don't be one of those guys who thinks testosterone = awesome and then is desperate to get off in a few years time and restore their natural function. Just my opinion.

No i am not of the opinion that test = awesome, but if its something that can help with multiple aspects of quality of life, i have to give it serious consideration. On another note i head back from the doc and he is willing to go with injections but he wants to do them every other week and wants me to do it via an office visit everytime. Not only would that be a pain in the ass but also would need to pay for an office visit every other week. Im going to look around, there is that clinic i found and i may reach out to an endo doc in the area and talk to them as well. Ill keep you posted.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
so my family doctor that ran my blood work wants to start me on 100mg test every 2 weeks. Have to go into the office for the injections also. I sent him a message letting him know that i did not like the sounds of the plan he was wanting to start and that i would have to think it over.

I called a mens clinic near me that has decent pricing but the first available appt is not till the beginning of july!! There is another one that i plan to contact tomorrow to see how they may be, if anything i may go with a different one just to get started and then switch to the one with the better prices when the time comes.

Never thought this would be so much work lol

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
so my family doctor that ran my blood work wants to start me on 100mg test every 2 weeks. Have to go into the office for the injections also. I sent him a message letting him know that i did not like the sounds of the plan he was wanting to start and that i would have to think it over.

I called a mens clinic near me that has decent pricing but the first available appt is not till the beginning of july!! There is another one that i plan to contact tomorrow to see how they may be, if anything i may go with a different one just to get started and then switch to the one with the better prices when the time comes.

Never thought this would be so much work lol

No doubt. It’s a pain in the a$$. Once you get dialed in though, it’s going to feel like a small price to pay.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So, i talked to a friend of mine that i used to work with in the hospital, hes a practitioner in a doctors office now, i was telling him about the issues i have been having with my family doc and with trying to find a decent clinic, i go see him tomorrow with the labs ive already had done and he is willing to get me started on TRT, and willing to let me do the injections at home on my own, he even thought it was stupid that my doc wanted me to come into the office everytime for a injection.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So i had my first dose of 100mg Test c Wednesday, im assuming its just a placebo effect, but i went to the gym after i took it, Wed is an all conditioning day with arc trainer and KB swings. No lifting. I did 25 mins on the trainer and i felt like i could go another 30 with no problems, same with the swings, did 100 but felt like i could pump out more easy.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you think the placebo feels good, wait til it kicks in! It’s life changing and you’ll won’t be able to remember how you lived without it.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Thats what i keep thinking, and i have an extra vial of test c just sitting around, so tempting to just up the dose myself per week, but im going to hold out and see how the ride is with the 100/week for a bit. Sooo tempting though but i dont want to screw things up before they even get started lol.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thats what i keep thinking, and i have an extra vial of test c just sitting around, so tempting to just up the dose myself per week, but im going to hold out and see how the ride is with the 100/week for a bit. Sooo tempting though but i dont want to screw things up before they even get started lol.

You are doing it the right way. I know it’s tempting, but enjoy the ride. You are 2 yards into an ultra marathon. Get dialed in before you play around. You will learn a lot about how your body reacts in these next few months.

Reactions: Jin

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So week 4 of TRT at 100mg test c/ week. I have noticed libido has gone up, but not really much else. no sides of any kind so thats good. Not really sure what to be expecting honestly. Still have till december till my follow up with my pcp who started me on the treatment so long way to go still.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Plenty of ups and downs along the way.
Even when you get dialed in it can go away.
For me it's been a roller coaster. Took a year and half but I'm finally dialed in. I'm a more complicated case though as I also have diabetes, sleep apnea and hypothyroidism, which was the most difficult.
Good luck

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So week 4 of TRT at 100mg test c/ week. I have noticed libido has gone up, but not really much else. no sides of any kind so thats good. Not really sure what to be expecting honestly. Still have till december till my follow up with my pcp who started me on the treatment so long way to go still.

With TRT you’re not supposed to expect anything unbelievable lol

You will eventually notice positivity and a damn good mood 24/7 unless you have a messed up life on a regular basis LOL

Last edited:

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

What is your schedule for doing blood work? Seems like your dr is letting you go a long time without checking in. If it was me, I would be doing bloods every two months as I got dialed in.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
With TRT you’re not supposed to expect anything unbelievable lol

You will eventually notice positivity and a damn good mood 24/7 unless you have a messed up life on a regular basis LOL

No, i wasnt expecting anything unbelievable with TRT.

As far as blood work, im assuming that since the follow up was made for 6 months out from the start that the blood work will be then. There wasnt any mention of doing any blood work prior to that. It seems like a long time from what ive read.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
No, i wasnt expecting anything unbelievable with TRT.

As far as blood work, im assuming that since the follow up was made for 6 months out from the start that the blood work will be then. There wasnt any mention of doing any blood work prior to that. It seems like a long time from what ive read.

You started trt based on a number. Not a list of nasty symptoms. Trt changed my life dramatically for the better because me being hypogonadal was detrimental to my physical, mental and sexual health.

My test numbers were higher than yours. Symptoms >total test. When considering trt. IMO.

6 months is way too long. Talk to your doc about getting blood work every two months until you're dialed in.

New Threads