Possibly starting TRT soon

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
You started trt based on a number. Not a list of nasty symptoms. Trt changed my life dramatically for the better because me being hypogonadal was detrimental to my physical, mental and sexual health.

My test numbers were higher than yours. Symptoms >total test. When considering trt. IMO.

6 months is way too long. Talk to your doc about getting blood work every two months until you're dialed in.

After i left the office the day he prescribed it i was just so thrilled that i got someone that was at least starting off on a decent dose i didnt even think of the schedule of blood work!! But i agree with everything ive read, 6 months seems like a really long time to go without seeing how things are doing with this dose. Id hate to go 6 months just to find out that i needed a higher or lower dose of the stuff. Ill have to give him a call this week and see if we can get some stuff checked in a month.

Reactions: Jin

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Ok, so actually did research TRT before i started it, i dont recall seeing anything dealing with what im going to ask, ive seen everyone talk about how it can help improve mood, but are there any chances that it can cause symptoms of depression as well??

Im on week 5 of it, been doing 100mg/week, just been doing one shot per week since it would be a pain in the ass to pull up 50mg and do it twice a week.

I have felt totally fine leading up to this week, but this week for some reason i have felt just horrible. I dont normally have any issues what so ever with depression or anxiety or anything at all along those lines. I mean sure i have the crap day every now and then like everyone else, but nothing like what i have experienced this week.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
We can only speculate. Maybe you're having an off week. It happens.

Get bloodwork done.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea, I’m assuming it can just be “your body and mind “ not that you’re doing the test but how it obviously affects us differently who knows. The only thing I get is that the amount we are taking can and does (trust me lol) cause a little more than happiness lol

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Eh, today was much better, im of the opinion that this was maybe just a shittier week than i realized. Feel great today. Ill make sure to pay attention though and get in to get some blood work done

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, so actually did research TRT before i started it, i dont recall seeing anything dealing with what im going to ask, ive seen everyone talk about how it can help improve mood, but are there any chances that it can cause symptoms of depression as well??

Im on week 5 of it, been doing 100mg/week, just been doing one shot per week since it would be a pain in the ass to pull up 50mg and do it twice a week.

I have felt totally fine leading up to this week, but this week for some reason i have felt just horrible. I dont normally have any issues what so ever with depression or anxiety or anything at all along those lines. I mean sure i have the crap day every now and then like everyone else, but nothing like what i have experienced this week.

Could just be you're having an off week.

I've also noticed that the euphoric feeling levels off once your test stabilizes. Once my T stabilizes, I still feel good, but the initial "holy sh*t!!! I feel phenomenal!! " feeling subsides. You may just be getting past the euphoric point.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
We can only speculate. Maybe you're having an off week. It happens.

Get bloodwork done.

Could just be you're having an off week.

Mediocre minds think alike. And two that agree = one great mind.

(one of the mediocre minds reads the posts above his, however). :)

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Mediocre minds think alike. And two that agree = one great mind.

(one of the mediocre minds reads the posts above his, however). :)

^^ This was funny!!

And still feeling good today, as big of a pain in the ass that it may be to draw up 50mg, i may give going to 2 shots a week a try, any negative effects to changing to that after doing 1 a week for 5 weeks?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
^^ This was funny!!

And still feeling good today, as big of a pain in the ass that it may be to draw up 50mg, i may give going to 2 shots a week a try, any negative effects to changing to that after doing 1 a week for 5 weeks?
Everybody is different and for some guys 2x/wk makes a difference in how they feel. Try it and see. In this game you must experiment/adjust.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Everybody is different and for some guys 2x/wk makes a difference in how they feel. Try it and see. In this game you must experiment/adjust.

Thanks Jin, im going to try the 2x/week starting this week. Hit myself with 50 today and will use thursday as the second day. I was concerned about changing from 1 time a week to twice, glad to see its not a bad idea and may help!

Reactions: Jin

New Threads