Possibly starting TRT soon

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Had a MD check up last week and had him do a TSH, test and metabolic along with a cholesterol check. Got the results yesterday, everything was great except for the total test levels. Think they said it was around 230, i go back tomorrow for more blood work to get a better picture of my test levels.

Ive been reading up some on this subject, curious as to what dose i would be looking to start out on? I know it will be up the the doc, but wanted to get an idea as to what other people have experienced.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
What time did you give the bloods? Post up the full lab work and get LH/FSH, E2 and maybe prolactin checked also. 75-100mg would be a good starting dose. It’s better titrating up than down regarding drugs so it could take a little trial and error as well as time to get it fully dialed in.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
What Doc said.

Years back S.O.P. was 200 mg/wk Test Cyp and adjust down as needed. Now that TRT is getting shunned among the GP's, we are seeing more starts at 100 mg/wk and work up. Six of one, a half dozen of the other. In the end, you want to feel better and perform at a higher level. If you need or the Dr. needs that quantify in the form of a number, 600 ng/dl for a trough, but that's my opinion.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
What time did you give the bloods? Post up the full lab work and get LH/FSH, E2 and maybe prolactin checked also. 75-100mg would be a good starting dose. It’s better titrating up than down regarding drugs so it could take a little trial and error as well as time to get it fully dialed in.

Blood was drawn at 8 something am, only test level drawn was a total, i go back tomorrow at 830 am for the rest of the work up.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine started at 100mg every two weeks and that was bs. Is this just your GP?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Yes, family doc is who im dealing with, if he tries some bs treatment ill just get a copy of the labs and make an appt with a urologist who probably knows a bit more on the subject. But ill give this guy a go first and see what he is going to want to do.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Amazed you habe a doc that would even give u the test. Mine won't even discuss the situation. Started asking me questions about depression symptoms.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
he hasnt given me anything yet, only said he would discuss TRT with me after the further blood work was done. but at least hes willing to do that much, if needed there are a quite a few options in my area that i can turn to for TRT now that i know that my level is low. And ill have the labs to take to them so i wont have to start all over.

Ironwood

Reaction score
he hasnt given me anything yet, only said he would discuss TRT with me after the further blood work was done. but at least hes willing to do that much, if needed there are a quite a few options in my area that i can turn to for TRT now that i know that my level is low. And ill have the labs to take to them so i wont have to start all over.

How are you feeling? That’s what’s important. My doc started me at 120 mg per week...cuz “I’m a big fella”. I’m at 160 now and that seems to be working well. Good luck.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Eh, ive been told by the wife and some close friends that i seem moody and grumpy...now ive never been the most chipper person youre going to meet but enough of them have told me the same thing that they may have a point. Physically i feel good, dont think im very run down, not getting tired much during the day. Drive has been a little off but nothing that really made me think. The big thing ive noticed is that im having trouble getting rid of the extra weight since ive been back in the gym, I had a hell of a drop in total weight over a 5-6 month time frame, but since then nothing. Scale has remained static and over all appearance doesnt seem to have changed as much as i figure it should have with as much time im putting in at the gym and the lower/better food ive been eating.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I was a miserable, irritable, angry prick when I was hypo. Trt saved my life and my family (from me).

Zero sex drive. No pussy in the world could have got me horny.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whatever dose you start at, they'll be a "dialing in " period where you'll get frequent blood work done and adjust the dose as necessary. It's hard to find the sweet spot coming out of the gate.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Im just hoping he doesn't try some stupid every other week crap or something like that. Not sure how informed he is on this subject but we will see, had my follow up blood work drawn this morning so now i wait.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Im just hoping he doesn't try some stupid every other week crap or something like that. Not sure how informed he is on this subject but we will see, had my follow up blood work drawn this morning so now i wait.

If he does that you could send him the information regarding the half life and studies showing hypogonadal trough levels 2wks post injection. If he’s open-minded he will listen and adjust accordingly.

bplebo75

Reaction score
Yes, family doc is who im dealing with, if he tries some bs treatment ill just get a copy of the labs and make an appt with a urologist who probably knows a bit more on the subject. But ill give this guy a go first and see what he is going to want to do.
Try a encrendoligst too..thts wht I did my family doc tried just didn't know enough

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Get ur thyroid lvls checked first

They checked that already, thyroid is fine. The ONLY thing that was off was the total test level. That was with a full metabolic, cholesterol, thyroid and total test done. Still waiting on the follow up results i had taken Wed for a full test work up. Probably wont hear back from them till monday at the earliest on that stuff. Till then ill wait and keep busting my ass in the gym.

bplebo75

Reaction score
They checked that already, thyroid is fine. The ONLY thing that was off was the total test level. That was with a full metabolic, cholesterol, thyroid and total test done. Still waiting on the follow up results i had taken Wed for a full test work up. Probably wont hear back from them till monday at the earliest on that stuff. Till then ill wait and keep busting my ass in the gym.
Let him prescribe injections no gel and no pellets..Good Luck

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Let him prescribe injections no gel and no pellets..Good Luck

I already had planned to turn down anything other than injections. Hoping to hear from them today, I work in healthcare so i know how long it takes for lab results to come back, thats why it kills me when a doctors office takes a week to contact someone, cause most of the stuff takes a matter of hours, a day at the most depending on what test is being run.

New Threads