What's up.

Reaction score
Hi, new guy. In my 20's and after years of lifting, good diet and dedication with little results I found out I had low t, now on 200 mg trt. Treating this as a blessing in disguise seeing as lifting is what I enjoy most in life besides the sexy times and I can now Jekyll and Hyde it without fear of being shut down. This forum looks like it has a massive experience base to pull from and I look forward to hanging around.

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome cmd9292. 20’s is very young to have low T, have you been previously cycling of is this another issue?

Reaction score
Welcome cmd9292. 20’s is very young to have low T, have you been previously cycling of is this another issue?

Nah, No previous cycling. I developed normally during puberty, but had horrible depression and anxiety which is a symptom of low t, but I had no idea what that was at the time. Doctors kept putting me on antidepressants. My current doc says they are currently studying and in fact think antidepressants and anxiety medications themselves might lower testosterone and increase estrogen and progesterone. So it's like a catch 22. I actually had to suggest the low T test, because I was going nuts and thyroid and low T were the only things left to check.

Reactions: Jin

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi, new guy. In my 20's and after years of lifting, good diet and dedication with little results I found out I had low t, now on 200 mg trt. Treating this as a blessing in disguise seeing as lifting is what I enjoy most in life besides the sexy times and I can now Jekyll and Hyde it without fear of being shut down. This forum looks like it has a massive experience base to pull from and I look forward to hanging around.

Welcome, are you going through your primary care doctor or a clinic?

I'm asking because I've been on TRT since 26 and was started at 210mg every 5 days through a clinic which was too much for replacement purposes. I found my sweet spot at about 150mg per week and don't need an AI to keep E in check. Keeps my levels mid normal and all my labs come back spot on.

Everyone is different though so the way to tell is through that pesky bloodwork!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome, are you going through your primary care doctor or a clinic?

I'm asking because I've been on TRT since 26 and was started at 210mg every 5 days through a clinic which was too much for replacement purposes. I found my sweet spot at about 150mg per week and don't need an AI to keep E in check. Keeps my levels mid normal and all my labs come back spot on.

Everyone is different though so the way to tell is through that pesky bloodwork!

Hi, Spongy. I'm in a clinic due to a techincality of having test levels in lower 300's. Aparently that isn't low enough for the endo and my gp.
The clinic informed me the average level to determine low T is uselss, due to the average including men in their 70's.

It was really frusturating, all the symptoms no one to help due to a 20 point difference. The clinic is very expensive but I don't have any other "sources" if you know what I mean I'm hoping through patience I will find some soon.

140 mg Test once a week put me at 450 end of week.
200 mg Test once a week put me at 750, he thinks I might be a hyper metabolizer

I did some research and read about split dosing and 100 mg puts me at 950-1000 three and a half days later before the other following 100 mg

Did you notice any effects in the gym from dropping your dose, I know that's kind of trivial to feeling good but just curious.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Glad you stayed persistent and got to the root of the issue.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground. Trt is the best gateway drug IME:)

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. On 200 mg of trt, my trough levels are typically in the high 600s to mid 700s, same as you.

Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground. Trt is the best gateway drug IME:)
Lmao. The gateway is definitely open, Waiting for a good deca source and i'll step in. Already have my adex.

Reaction score
Welcome to the board. On 200 mg of trt, my trough levels are typically in the high 600s to mid 700s, same as you.

That's really interesting are you split dosing? or once a week. Most people are surprised when I tell them how low my t goes on 200 mg if I single dose.

herrsauce

Reaction score
Lmao. The gateway is definitely open, Waiting for a good deca source and i'll step in. Already have my adex.

Yes....the dark side. Welcome! I recommend trying a few blasts of 500 mg a week of just test before you add other anabolics. Take your time, eat, rest, and add reps or weight each week. You will grow on that alone.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
That's really interesting are you split dosing? or once a week. Most people are surprised when I tell them how low my t goes on 200 mg if I single dose.

Thats with pinning once a week.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

So TRT has you off of antidepressants?

Reaction score
Yes....the dark side. Welcome! I recommend trying a few blasts of 500 mg a week of just test before you add other anabolics. Take your time, eat, rest, and add reps or weight each week. You will grow on that alone.
I've heard that a couple times, and I will definitely listen to that advice as everyone here has way more experience than I do. I'm just curious why, is it a diminishing returns kind of thing like gain as much as possible on as little as possible philosophy before going for more? and are there draw backs for doing too much too soon muscle growth wise.