Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arthritis...??

Thanks
    Thanked 4,013 Times in 2,399 Posts
    Does anyone know about what you're asking???????? Would be nice! lol
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 878 Posts
    Just you

My love...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gymrat827 For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (04-23-2018)

Thanks
    Anti inflammatory pills. Bathing in Epson salts. There's also compression clothing.
    Other than surgery if possible. Stretches help minimally.

Honestly. You're ****ed. It's manageable. But the pain feels like needles throbbing towards the center where it's at. And...surges I guess you can call it surges of uncomfortable sensation Wich can be described as pain.

That's how my 4yr old described it. She has JRA. It's not just age. But for you as your doc says the lifestyle helped in picking you as a victim.

You will be ok. If all else fails.
    Don't get addicted to the pain pills.
    "my balls are the size of grapes and I still bust fat nuts" -coltmc4545

5. The Following User Says Thank You to #TheMatrix For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (04-24-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,966 Times in 2,588 Posts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigGameHunter For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (04-24-2018)

Thanks
    i made another thread in this section already.....Deep needle/Dry needle therapy. Never felt better in the past few years

I always think im going to goto the gym after...Lol. Nope

your sore the day of and day after pretty good, but day 2.5/3......nothing hurts except the spots the stab and then press/massage. Range of motion, strength, etc, etc all 90% back. But i know it wont work miracles forever.

if GH is a legit treatment i need to save a lil cash and buy a few kits.

Thanks for the link

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gymrat827 For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (04-24-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 1,445 Posts
    There are a lot of different kinds of arthritis, the most common being osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, and fibromyalgia. There are many more. Osteoarthritis is wear and tear on the cartilage and resulting arthritis. You lift long enough nd heavy enough, you're most likely going to develop this to some degree. I won't go into the others, but a few minutes if reading and you can most likely rule these out. Nature of the beast of what we do.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (04-25-2018),stonetag (04-25-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    There are a lot of different kinds of arthritis, the most common being osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, and fibromyalgia. There are many more. Osteoarthritis is wear and tear on the cartilage and resulting arthritis. You lift long enough nd heavy enough, you're most likely going to develop this to some degree. I won't go into the others, but a few minutes if reading and you can most likely rule these out. Nature of the beast of what we do.

I am just still trying to get back into things since my shoulder/neck injury. But now i am just focusing on conditioning and moving 65% of the weight i use to. I can only imagine how I am going to be a 45/55/65. fuk

I can give up 15/18lbs of mass for some longevity. I have enough health issues as it is.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gymrat827 For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (04-26-2018),jennerrator (04-25-2018)

Thanks
    Certainly cutting excess fat will help in that you're not carrying that extra weight, I personally wouldn't try to lose and muscle to get weight down. As we get older we just need to adjust weight used, sets, reps, etc...to be able to continue. Your body will tell you what to do if you listen. And you don't have to sacrifice progress. Theres a few ways to make , say 50 lbs feel like 70 without hammering your joints.

Thanks
    Certainly cutting excess fat will help in that you're not carrying that extra weight, I personally wouldn't try to lose and muscle to get weight down. As we get older we just need to adjust weight used, sets, reps, etc...to be able to continue. Your body will tell you what to do if you listen. And you don't have to sacrifice progress. Theres a few ways to make , say 50 lbs feel like 70 without hammering your joints.

still trying to get back to fightin shape i was in say.....6/8 months back. At that point i just had slight neck issues, limited range of motion. Now shit, i worry about trying to get back and what i do ends up killing me later on.

But i am not moving too much weight now and not pushing to do too much too quick. Just seeing how sore i can get with lighter amounts of weight, but the biggest thing now is just conditioning. 12min of a warm up doing cardio, 50 min of lifting and a 12min cardio cool down beats me up pretty good at the moment. I just dont want to start doing things now i will later regret.

All you guys still do squats & deads with legit weight or are those in the past..? Do you do heavy shoulder presses...?? My shoulders pop and click when going up and down with the dumbells badly, so i try to keep it to just machines. But should i just focus on iso movements or can i still do presses..??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    still trying to get back to fightin shape i was in say.....6/8 months back. At that point i just had slight neck issues, limited range of motion. Now shit, i worry about trying to get back and what i do ends up killing me later on.

But i am not moving too much weight now and not pushing to do too much too quick. Just seeing how sore i can get with lighter amounts of weight, but the biggest thing now is just conditioning. 12min of a warm up doing cardio, 50 min of lifting and a 12min cardio cool down beats me up pretty good at the moment. I just dont want to start doing things now i will later regret.

All you guys still do squats & deads with legit weight or are those in the past..? Do you do heavy shoulder presses...?? My shoulders pop and click when going up and down with the dumbells badly, so i try to keep it to just machines. But should i just focus on iso movements or can i still do presses..??
    I just squatted 560 last Sunday, and I know Snake just banged out 5x500, so yeah. But we're not consistantly training that heavy. I normally keep my working sets in the lower to middle 400s and do higher (10-12) reps. My knees prefer that over heavier weight. Time under tension, drop sets, focussing on peak contraction, are all ways to make that lighter weight work more for you. More joint friendly. As far as what you can or should do, my general rule is do what I can and don't do it if it hurts. You know the difference between pain from working hard and pain from injury .
    Last edited by BRICKS; 04-26-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,509 Times in 3,245 Posts
    I just squatted 560 last Sunday, and I know Snake just banged out 5x500, so yeah. But we're not consistantly training that heavy. I normally keep my working sets in the lower to middle 400s and do higher (10-12) reps. My knees prefer that over heavier weight. Time under tension, drop sets, focussing on peak contraction, are all ways to make that lighter weight work more for you. More joint friendly. As far as what you can or should do, my general rule is do what I can and don't do it if it hurts. You know the difference between pain from working hard and pain from injury .
    I'm kind of with BRICKS on this. I don't train heavy all the time to put the odds of injury in my favor. I will say, last year I tweaked a quad with 315 while doing a pre exhaustion; so it can happen. Knock on wood, I never had a knee problem squatting heavy but I don't spend much time in that danger zone for months at a time. Power Lifting is different, they don't have records for the guy that squats 405 for the most reps so if you're PLing, you know the deal and accept the chances.

Regardless of the weight, it will leave me limping for a day or two but it's all in the muscle. The only thing that is different are the reps. As for shoulder work, I do no over the head pressing. Once in a blue moon I will grab some DB's and put them in for a few weeks. I don't think people understand the amount of work that hits the delt area with bench, shrugs, lower cables and yes, squats. I also don't think my delts are a lagging body part.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (04-26-2018),jennerrator (04-26-2018)

Thanks
    I just am afraid of what i am doing now will come back to haunt me in years coming. I know if it doesnt hurt i should be able to do it. Ive been following that for my shoulders and lower back for a good 5yrs now.

But after this ortho doc told me i have mild-moderate upper body arthritis i am just freaked out. Fuk, i turn 34 in august.......I am very young for this sh!t. I have a million other health issues, i could have a garage sale with all this bullsh!t.

So that is what makes me so leary about getting back to it now. This dry needle therapy is just great but I don't think it saves the world.

Basically i do not want to bite off more than i can chew, I do not want to add to my huge list of health nonsense as well......But i really want to get back to somewhere close to where i was 9 months back. I mis the gym, mis moving around good weight....Its something ive done for 15yrs + now.

But if all you say to just push things lightly, go til you get some slight pain & so forth.....Ill give it a go.

thanks guys,

Jen, im still waiting for the PM where you tell me when your coming & where we meet.

GR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12