Discouraged with fat/weight loss stalling

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Been hitting the gym 5 days a week and hitting it hard. hiit cardio at least 3 of those days and kettle ball conditioning thrown in on the cardio days as well. Had a good drop in weight in the first 4-5 months and since then nothing. Diet is well...better, still have some off days but for the most part its clean eating and eating less than i was before.
Not taking anything as far as AAS or any other substance. I know my test level is low but as of now im not on anything for replacement.

Really starting to get bummed out about the whole deal, both scale and mirror are not showing progress.

Anyone got any suggestions? I plan to start running EC as soon as i can get to the pharmacy to pick up the crap but right now i feel like im busting my ass for no results.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't get discouraged. Dieting is one of earth's great mind f--ks. Every time I lean out I go through I phases of discouragement and frustration. For me the key is being strict about the calories counting and keeping a reasonable caloric deficit. Clean eating has nothing to do with it. You could lose weight by eating a snickers if that's all you ate all day just like you can gain weight on "clean food" if you eat too much of it.

My approach to getting over the mind f--k is to create my plan, set an end date for my plan, and work the plan mindlessly. (i.e I'm going to eat X number of caloriesef / for the next 12 weeks) I also take weekly progress pics of the same pose with the same lighting so I watch progress. If your progress isn't going in the right direction, be a scientist, change a variable, and reassess.

herrsauce

Reaction score
Once you are 100% confident in saying that your diet is on point; not "getting better" or "mostly good", but really solid...You will start seeing the weight loss. I totally understand how difficult this can be. Have you tracked your food in a calorie counter app (everything you put in your mouth), for a few weeks? If not, when you choose the items in the app, always overestimate the calories. Get a solid baseline of data to compare your goals to.
It is in my experience, that the most effective diet plan begins with changing one's relationship to food. Food should be for energy. Rewarding ourselves with food is a slippery slope. Good luck. You can do it, but it won't be easy. ECA or AAS are supplements to an excellent diet, not replacements.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
You mentioned you’re at 25% bf. I wouldn’t bother with an EC stack. I did it briefly while dieting and it made me feel like shit more then it helped. It would be different for people at a much lower BF percentage.

I’ll second what others have mentioned. It’s the calories. You most likely need to drop them more or stay more consistent.

I’ll insert a spongy approved message and remind you not to go to crazy with that and risk losing muscle. You’d be better off with slower losses and preserving more muscle.

If you truly have been good at eating in a deficit the. You might need a week or two at maintenance to reset things. Your body might be shutting things down to preserve energy. More then likely it’s the opposite and you’re accidentally eating to much.

With a proper diet, I’m convinced you could lose weight watching TV. (Might look like crap though)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This shit isn't always linear. Don't get discouraged. We have all been there. If this was easy we would all be shredded as ****.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Track calories but keep switching shit up. Once the body is used to the work it slows down the loss. At least in my experience. It took constant change in my workouts and even time of day i did them to keep losing weight consistently. Diet has to be on though. Focus on diet and stay strong!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As has been said track your calories. It's a pain in the ass, but eliminates guess work. There are great apps out there to track (MyFitnessPal). Also as your weight drops you'll need to adjust the cals down. Calculate your TDEE.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Change your cardio to some faster morning cardio. That will give you a bump. And then you have to nail down your diet. It's tough but lock it down man.

Reaction score
fasting has worked wonders for me, i once went the entire day without food. it works

andy

Elite
Reaction score
bounce back on your calories, carbs. it could "restart" your body and bounce back your metabolism.
worked for me for my prep.

or your could try fasting. does wonders for some people.

Intense

Reaction score
I’m willing to bet it’s one of 3 things. Your diet isn’t in check. You’re not getting enough rest. Or your intensity in the gym isn’t there.

Remember it’s easy in the beginning and it comes off fairly quickly. Then you stall.

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
if you have any cardio piece at home, 12min each morning on top of your night/after work workout would do a lot.

1st thing out of bed you have no calories to burn, everything comes from the body and is burned for energy. Next it gets your metabolism a nice kick up to start the day. That 12 min goes a long way.

You said you were doing HIIT, move to a long steady quick walk for 60 min straight. Then two weeks later, go back to HIIT. Also mentioned was confusion......Most likely your body is use to the 4-5 HIIT workouts per week. Thats y i said doing a long walk to break it up. Than just lift for 2wks, very little cardio.....Keep the change going.

New Threads