Elbow Pain

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I sometimes get a little tendentious in my elbow. Never seems to effect my gym weights but I try to address it quickly. This is my go-to fix. I have my son wrap a voodoo ban around it and then do 10 one arm wall pushups twice a day. Feels good as new when I take the wrap off. If it doesn't feel a little painful, you're not wrapping it tight enough.

Hope this helps anyone who battles this.

IPmuTR3.jpg

Georgia

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My roommate has bad tendonitis on chest day. Will inform.

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hope heal fast.

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I wrap right over the joint Snake. Try it out that way.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You gotta put that fuuker on tight. I expected a comment from DF like that but Jin, what do with your spare time that you would associate my elbow with that? Just asking. lol

The picture I'm thinking of involves a heavy squat and a torn singlet with something that looks like your elbow protruding from it.

You can Google: squat colon prolapse. But you cannot unsee the results.

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have had tennis elbow right and left by doing 100 pullups every day,

It got serious I had to see a sport doc, trick is in the for arm not the belbow, you need to massage the for arm because tendons point of pain is at the fore arm.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I have had tennis elbow right and left by doing 100 pullups every day,

It got serious I had to see a sport doc, trick is in the for arm not the belbow, you need to massage the for arm because tendons point of pain is at the fore arm.

Yeah P, that's why I like to rap below the elbow too. I also work it against the corner of a wall.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Im going to try this when we get back in town. I haven’t been able to lift shit all month and my new job is a struggle since im back into the physical aspect, but ive never had tendinitis hold on this long nor this instense, its brutal and seriously stops all heavy work or burn out work due to pain causing weakness or weakness causing pain, hiwever it works

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Im going to try this when we get back in town. I haven’t been able to lift shit all month and my new job is a struggle since im back into the physical aspect, but ive never had tendinitis hold on this long nor this instense, its brutal and seriously stops all heavy work or burn out work due to pain causing weakness or weakness causing pain, hiwever it works

Thy it right before your workout and let me know how you feel.

Reactions: IHI

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Thy it right before your workout and let me know how you feel.

So i ordered a voodoo band set (comes with 2 bands and i think it said one is a little stiffer than the other...they will be here tomorrow. After my running tonight i went downstairs since its shoulder/forearm day, and I haven’t touched a weight in a month due to disentary or whatever had me losing 11lbs this month out my azz.

I see all my assorted resistence bands and said what the heck. Wrapped up just my bad forearm thats been killing me, then did a few minutes of various wrist/forearm stretches to “work it out”. Unwrapped the band and for about 20 seconds didnt seem any different; then honest to god, it was instantly painfree for the first time in a month. Not 100% pain free, but easily 70% better than its been. I stood looking at it making fists, wiggeling it around think bullshyt, that didnt just happen.

did an hours worth of pre exhausting and working out stuff, it was “tender” but not crippeeling sore like ive been dealing with. After my workout i wrapped it again and did more rom stretching. Didnt seem to be any better, but it sure wasnt any worse, and its still soo much better than its been...im sold!!

i told my wife im throwing these bands in the kids softball bags to take to games for all the kids pop up pains to see if it’ll help them (runners get a sore hammie or quad, pitchers shoulder acts up, etc..) ill be watching all the videos to see wrapping and movement techniques so i can try to be of help. Watched a bunch of kenisus tape vids and got to put that to use yesterday and girl said it seemed to help her shoulder, so hopefully these will be the next cool trick in the first aid bag if it proves to be of value.

snake, read about muscle flossing a few times on here, you sold me on it- man what a weird deal lol, but i like it!! Thank you

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks Snake. About twice a year I deal with this issue, usually on my dominant side, and have no idea what brings it on.
Ill be trying this before 18 is over I’m certain.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Voodoo floss saved my life! I go over the elbow too BTW.
Still trying to figure out a consistent way to wrap my shoulders by myself. The few times of gotten it on right it helped them out a lot.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Bumping this due to having elbow issues this week that sound similar. Are the voodoo wraps needed or would you be able to the same type thing with say a narrower ace wrap?

New Threads