Elbow Pain

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
With voodoo floss you have pretty heavy but temporary compression and you'll do some movements that recruits blood to the affected area then you'll remove the band. I do wear the band through some actual reps but generally this is not the idea with floss.

Constant compression like with ace bandages IMO is counterproductive.. Limits blood flow for a long period of time. When I stopped using constant compression on my elbow I actually started to recover instead of being more and more dependent on the compression.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I actually meant using the ace in the same manner as the floss. Crank it on and do some rom stuff and then remove it.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Could try it.. I guess it's hard to know unless you've already used floss

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Tried it, don’t know if it’s as effective as a voodoo floss but it seemed to work.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So before I order that I wanted to give a little more specifics as to what and how things are hurting. I’m noticing it in and below the elbow mainly when I go to grip something. Picking up a glass with that arm actually causes pain.

Pushing movements don’t seem to bother it. Some pulling does. Just sitting still I don’t really notice anything unless I happen to rest that elbow on something in just the right spot.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Well a month later and damn elbow still just as painful as it was before.

Will be calling my ortho doc this week to get an appt. pissing me off

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to avoid that but it may come down to it in the end.

Bicepticon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get a script for “Voltaren”. It’s a NSAID gel!
apply it, right where it hurts!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Get a script for “Voltaren”. It’s a NSAID gel!
apply it, right where it hurts!

Im familiar with voltaren, may even have some of it around the house, but wasnt aware it came in a gel form

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Appointment this Friday with ortho to get this damn arm looked at.

Reaction score
Also problem with elbow pain.... week ago I was on X-ray examination, diagnose is initial bone calcification of the elbow, the beginning of arthrosis. I normally work with this hand, but, always feel a little elbow pain. If it is not better, must go at a physiotherapist. Problem is, can I continue to exercise in the gym with this diagnose? Doc says not at all, the situation would only worsen, but, my doctor of general practice says, the exercise would be pretty fine, to strengthen the muscles around the elbow, and relieve pain. I'm little confused.... train or not? Your opinion, please.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Also problem with elbow pain.... week ago I was on X-ray examination, diagnose is initial bone calcification of the elbow, the beginning of arthrosis. I normally work with this hand, but, always feel a little elbow pain. If it is not better, must go at a physiotherapist. Problem is, can I continue to exercise in the gym with this diagnose? Doc says not at all, the situation would only worsen, but, my doctor of general practice says, the exercise would be pretty fine, to strengthen the muscles around the elbow, and relieve pain. I'm little confused.... train or not? Your opinion, please.

No one here is qualified to answer that especially without seeing the x Ray.

Hurry to the physiotherapist and meanwhile Train the hell out of your legs.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Agreed get in to see that doc.. you don’t want to cause more issues.. but if you must keep it light

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Appointment this Friday with ortho to get this damn arm looked at.

Howd you come out? Been fighting the worst tennis elbow in my right forearm/lower biscept ive ever experienced. 2 weeks ago positioning then tipping and laying 350lb tool cabinets at work onto pallets to take to our facility downtown for upcoming employee auction. My “helper” seems to conveniently go missing when there’s actual work to be done and boss is fine with it. But something went wrong

this past Saturday i got to hurting so bad down into my wrist I literally couldn’t turn a door knob, couldn’t uncap a bottle of Gatorade and non stop tightness/pain. Started taking left over prednisone and 5 advil; eventually it relieved it some, but this is waay new territory even for me.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Howd you come out? Been fighting the worst tennis elbow in my right forearm/lower biscept ive ever experienced. 2 weeks ago positioning then tipping and laying 350lb tool cabinets at work onto pallets to take to our facility downtown for upcoming employee auction. My “helper” seems to conveniently go missing when there’s actual work to be done and boss is fine with it. But something went wrong

this past Saturday i got to hurting so bad down into my wrist I literally couldn’t turn a door knob, couldn’t uncap a bottle of Gatorade and non stop tightness/pain. Started taking left over prednisone and 5 advil; eventually it relieved it some, but this is waay new territory even for me.

Been there.. You lose grip strength? Sounds like epycondylitis. When mine acted up I could barely turn a doorknob. Did a lot of reading on tendons while it was healing.. Big thing is lay off nsaids for the first week or two after injury.. Tendons require an inflammatory response to initiate healing process. Voodoo floss. Heat.
https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/25432-Tendon-health

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/25052-Tendons-101

Last edited:

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i use the elite fit heavy elbow sleeve except at a meet (of course) i agree tight is best

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score

Waste of my ****ing time!! he gave me a hand out with some stretches and tried to sell me some little crap elbow brace thing, i said not thanks to it since it probably cost about 500$

BUT it seem that easing off the bicep work and over head tri movements are helping finally, was able to do curls this week and skull crushers also without any pain.
Still going light with that stuff but hoping this is the turning point.

Reactions: IHI

New Threads