Open Letter to Newbies

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Im all for a pass on a stupid question or one asked out of pure ignorance. When the op totally disregards the answers or willfully does not read the stickies or attempts to argue. That's when I get irritated. We all have done our research and I don't think its out of line to expect the newbies to do some as well. I will happily show them where to find the info and even give it to them, but as POB said some of these guys just want someone to condone a bad idea and get pissed when we don't. If they mention AAS in post number one, good indication that they have done no reading. Just my opinion. Good discussion here.

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice sticky thread.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
This board is growing at a rapid pace..

New members need to feel welcomed and we need to encourage them to post and ask whatever is on the mind of the new member

great add!!

Reaction score
Thank you for the information just joined and kinda lost lol

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information just joined and kinda lost lol

Glad you found it helpful. A good place for you to start is with an intro thread. Let’s take it from there. Welcome to ugbb.

Reaction score
Thank for taking the time to give us the breakdown, because quite frankly I felt completely clueless on how to navigate through this. I wake everyday knowing how much I don’t know. I’ll be asking plenty of questions for guidance. Thanks again

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank for taking the time to give us the breakdown, because quite frankly I felt completely clueless on how to navigate through this. I wake everyday knowing how much I don’t know. I’ll be asking plenty of questions for guidance. Thanks again

An intro thread would be a great place to start. A lot of great people on this board with a wealth of information and decades of experience. Glad you found your way here.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I feel like this needs more attention, im noticing quite a few intro posts and then they ghost, not sure if they came here expecting something else or what.
This is a great place full of great info, would be nice if more of the new members hung around for a little while so they can see that.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
Elivo, I was noticing that as well. I know that I haven't been around very long and while I have been here I've had a lot of family stuff going on, but every chance I get I am on here reading stickies, posts and basically everything that I can. Sometimes I have to go back and read it a few times because there is a lot of great info. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing their knowledge to people that actually want to learn and live this life.

Reaction score
I feel like this needs more attention, im noticing quite a few intro posts and then they ghost, not sure if they came here expecting something else or what.
This is a great place full of great info, would be nice if more of the new members hung around for a little while so they can see that.

I’m still here, just busy at work lately

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Elivo, I was noticing that as well. I know that I haven't been around very long and while I have been here I've had a lot of family stuff going on, but every chance I get I am on here reading stickies, posts and basically everything that I can. Sometimes I have to go back and read it a few times because there is a lot of great info. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing their knowledge to people that actually want to learn and live this life.

Good post man!

Reaction score
I love this site!! I’m so glad my friend let me know about it. A lot of great information

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum and needed some advice for a newbie, which thread should I post to to ask for advice

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum and needed some advice for a newbie, which thread should I post to to ask for advice

Post your own thread man with an intro. Welcome

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Hi,

Start by introducing yourself in the new member section...read all the stickies and do some research then ask clarifying questions

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
This Sticky is a good supplement to the Rules Sticky.

New Threads