Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,829 Times in 7,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    • If you're a dick to one of us; everyone is going to be a dick to you

Can we address this a little too? It's been on my mind for a while, now that that unspoken "rule" is put in black and white I decided to speak up.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone new. Does that line really sound like something from a welcoming community that you'd want to be a part of? Imo, we should not be advertising (or proud) that we are a community full of powder kegs looking for a spark. We should want people to feel welcomed here and not be fearful that their process of educating themselves is going to get them run out. It seems to me that there have been fewer posts lately than there have been in the past and I have a suspicion the hive mind hostility is contributing to that.

We've seen it countless times here, someone asks a stupid question, sarcastic responses start flying, OP gets frustrated and maybe a little out of line. Instead of us attempting to rise above and de-escalate the situation, OP gets absolutely annihilated never to return. Who would want to come back to contribute to a community like that? We all learn at different rates and sometimes finding out that you don’t know what you thought you knew can be frustrating. We were all in their shoes at one point or another.
    I agree with this however there have been more than a handful of individuals who come here and post I am 12 doing my first cycle don't tell me what I don't want to hear. Inevitably someone says you shouldn't cycle and the OP tells them to **** off in some form. That's when it gets nuts.

"Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

Beezy (05-01-2018),dk8594 (05-01-2018),Hurt (05-01-2018),Iron1 (05-01-2018),Mr P (05-03-2018),Robdjents (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    I agree with this however there have been more than a handful of individuals who come here and post I am 12 doing my first cycle don't tell me what I don't want to hear. Inevitably someone says you shouldn't cycle and the OP tells them to **** off in some form. That's when it gets nuts.

I agree. There are always exceptions that warrant special treatment but it shouldn't be our one-size-fits-all reaction.

Thank you for hearing me out.
    Fitness? More like fit-ness whole burger in my mouth.
    Mayor McCheese/Detective Ron Burgers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 Times in 619 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Thatís when it gets fun!
    Can we really have no fun at the occasional high school freshmanís expense?
    If they take the beating and stay anyway they usually end up being cool, active members.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,169 Times in 2,044 Posts
    This board is growing at a rapid pace..

New members need to feel welcomed and we need to encourage them to post and ask whatever is on the mind of the new member
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yaya For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (05-01-2018),Jin (05-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    • If you're a dick to one of us; everyone is going to be a dick to you

Can we address this a little too? It's been on my mind for a while, now that that unspoken "rule" is put in black and white I decided to speak up.

Put yourself in the shoes of someone new. Does that line really sound like something from a welcoming community that you'd want to be a part of? Imo, we should not be advertising (or proud) that we are a community full of powder kegs looking for a spark. We should want people to feel welcomed here and not be fearful that their process of educating themselves is going to get them run out. It seems to me that there have been fewer posts lately than there have been in the past and I have a suspicion the hive mind hostility is contributing to that.

We've seen it countless times here, someone asks a stupid question, sarcastic responses start flying, OP gets frustrated and maybe a little out of line. Instead of us attempting to rise above and de-escalate the situation, OP gets absolutely annihilated never to return. Who would want to come back to contribute to a community like that? We all learn at different rates and sometimes finding out that you don’t know what you thought you knew can be frustrating. We were all in their shoes at one point or another.
    This is a good discussion and I like where you're going with it. My intent in listing it wasn't that it's a rule we should all follow or something we should all be proud of. My intent was to convey that we're a close knit group and how they treat one member forms an impression in the other members' minds about them as an individual and will impact how they're treated in return.

It was meant as a caution; not a threat. If you think it reads like the later let me know. I think we both agree that we want this to be a welcome place for newbies.

By the way, Iron, your PMs are full.
    Last edited by dk8594; 05-01-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8594 View Post
    By the way, Iron, your PMs are full.
    Cleared em' up bud
    Fitness? More like fit-ness whole burger in my mouth.
    Mayor McCheese/Detective Ron Burgers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,687 Times in 941 Posts
    I remember when I posted something similar...lol

The difference is that your post is much more reserved.

Well put!
    "Don't count the days, make the days count" ~Muhammad Ali~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSwolePump For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Great post and reminder.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 752 Posts
    Updated based on feedback.. Thanks fellas.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

Jin (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,877 Posts
    I have started a rule just for myself. I no longer welcome new members that mention gear in their first few sentences of their opening intro.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesnít work hard.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

Bullseye Forever (05-03-2018),dk8594 (05-02-2018),Robdjents (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Just excellent dk!
    Well constructed, well intended, complete and factual.
    Thanks for doing this!
    Consiglieri of the Flowers Family Mafia

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillKickin For This Useful Post:

Bullseye Forever (05-03-2018),dk8594 (05-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 779 Posts
    Im all for a pass on a stupid question or one asked out of pure ignorance. When the op totally disregards the answers or willfully does not read the stickies or attempts to argue. That's when I get irritated. We all have done our research and I don't think its out of line to expect the newbies to do some as well. I will happily show them where to find the info and even give it to them, but as POB said some of these guys just want someone to condone a bad idea and get pissed when we don't. If they mention AAS in post number one, good indication that they have done no reading. Just my opinion. Good discussion here.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motown1002 For This Useful Post:

Bullseye Forever (05-03-2018),dk8594 (05-02-2018)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast