Study about AAS

Reaction score
Hello,

I a med school graduate and currently writing my final thesis about "Performance enhancing drugs in Sports". A port of this thesis is a statistical analysis of an online survey, among current AAS users and athletes that used it before.
If you find some time, I would appreciate it if you could fill out the questionnaire, thank you!

You can find the link in biography, maybe someone could also post it in comments, since I am a new member and not allowed to!
Thank you

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Not hating, but many are very reluctant to do these type of surveys that all too often are twisted to demonize AAS and its users

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did it... and lol'd at the following:

ytY3anO.png

Reaction score
Not hating, but many are very reluctant to do these type of surveys that all too often are twisted to demonize AAS and its users

Thats a goal of my thesis, to get that picture "of those bad roids" out of the ppl, especially physicians's heads and that most sides are coming from lack of knowledge.

I had to but the oral only version, believe it or not about 15% until now stated they only use orals...

but there you see again perfect example of ppl having no idea what they are doing, by running oral only...

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
The link to the OP's survey is below. I personally think the more research looking into AAS use the better so I would encourage folks to participate.

https://goo.gl/forms/v8tTRiopSZ4FekYv1

I would agree but for someone who likes accurate and quantifiable information, the results would be of little use. Don't you agree? It's a cut between Science and Bro-science. I guess it's as close to a real study as we will ever come since no company or Dr. could ever run a real study.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I filled it out but would have changed a few question:

How many years do you work out?
I would like the see a range that includes 5-10, 10-15 and then > 15

What is your highest dosage per week while on cycle? All substances combined and only injectables.
I don't think this really will tell much of anything.

Do you use PCT?
The results could be misleading because some people will return to TRT after a cycle. This should be an option.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I would agree but for someone who likes accurate and quantifiable information, the results would be of little use. Don't you agree? It's a cut between Science and Bro-science. I guess it's as close to a real study as we will ever come since no company or Dr. could ever run a real study.
Agreed. Observational data is extremely limited in use but it's better than no data at all so...be grateful for the interest and hope for better in the future.

Intense

Reaction score
I took this same survey over a year ago..

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A port of this thesis is a statistical analysis of an online survey, among current AAS users and athletes that used it before.

Thank you

What are the other parts of your thesis? How will these stats fit into you overall outline? Is there a hypothesis you are testing?

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have boners wood like effect every day all the time at age 46 does this count for a survey?

Reaction score
What are the other parts of your thesis? How will these stats fit into you overall outline? Is there a hypothesis you are testing?

Practical part consists out of 10 (currently only 8, 2 resigned after 1 month) aas using athletes, which are observed during their cycle in a time frame of three months. Blood analysis (Hb, CPR, ALT, AST, LDL, HDL, Cholestrol etc.) are done every 4 weeks. Physical and mental changes, sides and possible interactions are noted and observed, if they should appear. As well as detailed report about the substances, dosage and manufacturer of the substances are report.

Goal of the study is to compare the gathered results with the currently existing studies, if the differ or if there are any similar results. Most studies done on animals or substances, which were used by athletes are not clearly demonstrated and just classified as AAS, as well as often lack of data, concerning dosage, duration of cycle, possible administration errors or previous medical history of the patient. So most studies conducted on aas are of little use unfortunately and might throw a wrong picture on aas use.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hope you will share the results. We’d all be interested in your outcome.

Reactions: Jin