Caterpillar has arrived

Reaction score
What percent you at now? Looks
pretty low, what kinda training do you do and goals, bulk might not be what you want
Idk, I guesstimate somewhere between 15-12%. I am doing a split with BP, OHP, DL, SQ as main lifts. Do you mean strenght goals, cause those take a backseat during the cut. I just try to maintain my strenght as much as possible while focussing on leaning out.

welcome bud .. I didn't see the vid either
You can find it one the first page somewhere

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, sounds like you have it all figured out already.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what up man. Glad your with us

herrsauce

Reaction score
Welcome. I am curious as what your long term goals are. Not just your Fourth of July weekend plan. Not that there is anything wrong with some summer cutting. But if you want to eventually have some serious size, the advice in this thread is golden.

Reaction score
Welcome. I am curious as what your long term goals are. Not just your Fourth of July weekend plan. Not that there is anything wrong with some summer cutting. But if you want to eventually have some serious size, the advice in this thread is golden.
I am definitely looking for building serious size for the long term. The advice I have gotten will certainly be helpful for slow/lean bulking, but summer is coming so the cut Must go on.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you're looking for here. The brother have been very kind in their response to your question and have offered some excellent suggestions. Looking shredded for summer is fine, as somebody said above. But at the risk of being the dick here, you do know that abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat chick. You want to build muscle you gotta eat bro.

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you're looking for here. The brother have been very kind in their response to your question and have offered some excellent suggestions. Looking shredded for summer is fine, as somebody said above. But at the risk of being the dick here, you do know that abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat chick. You want to build muscle you gotta eat bro.

Abs I already have, so that's not the goal. Sub 10% bodyfat is my goal, because I have some fat on my back and chest I still want to get rid of.
On another note, I understand that it is possible to gain muscle in a positive nitrogen balance even on a slight deficit. Recomping, so to speak.
I am grateful for the positive responses and advice!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OMG I just figured out why I'm a chubby chaser!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bricks!

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow welcome here oh my god

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Abs I already have, so that's not the goal. Sub 10% bodyfat is my goal, because I have some fat on my back and chest I still want to get rid of.
On another note, I understand that it is possible to gain muscle in a positive nitrogen balance even on a slight deficit. Recomping, so to speak.

Not gonna happen for you at sub 10% bodyfat. As stated earlier, keep cutting and by the end of summer you'll be a whopping 130. My 5' tall wife who is a bodybuilder, and has a great 6 pack, weighs 130. But by all means, knock yourself out on your cut.

Reaction score
Not gonna happen for you at sub 10% bodyfat. As stated earlier, keep cutting and by the end of summer you'll be a whopping 130. My 5' tall wife who is a bodybuilder, and has a great 6 pack, weighs 130. But by all means, knock yourself out on your cut.
I guess you might have a point. What is your advice then (except gotta eat) ?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
My advice then would be what the other experienced brothers have said. Calorie surplus, start putting in some size. You don't have to go full potato on upping the cals, up them 500/day, monitor yourself in the mirror. If you want to get bigger, you're gonna have to. If your abs are the only thing pulling tail for you, I've got some bad news. And you should be able to stay lean and gain some mass. But at least than 10% bro, forget about it. That's tough to do even wirh a shitload of gear. You'll just frustrate yourself, and that's not any fun.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

If you go into a slight bulk like I suggested earlier, and work hard in the gym, get good sleep, and eat eat eat, I bet those "flabby" looking areas on your chest will be replaced with real pecs. Plus, scientifically proven that the more muscle you have, the better your body burns fat.

A few years back is when I got this... I had to put aside my underlying fear of getting fat to put any real size on. But when I made that jump into proper dieting in a surplus and keeping track of it all, I finally was able to gain that muscle I was always after. And I didnt get fat either.

Now, looking back at it all, I wish I could have understood this 10 years ago, or better yet, at your age. But I didnt listen to anyone.

Last edited:

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Go 175 gms protein, that should be pretty close to 1.2 gm/lb, and make the rest of the 500 cal increase up in carbs and fats.