Blood results - Low total test

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Everyone here covered alot I'll just add this. Put how you think you our aside and realize the body needs certain things to be healthy. Their are tons of studies done showing the benefits to your health from having proper test numbers. Me for example before starting trt my PSA was 2.8 . After starting trt it dropped to a healthier 1.0 ! Who knows with that alone if I was setting myself up for prostate cancer down the road if I didn't start trt. I used to suffer from anxiety issues too.... yes I said used too. I don't have that issue anymore and I've only been on trt for 5 months. I have energy now, I recover now, I have a appetite now, I can go on and on.

My only other advice is make sure who ever you use knows what their doing. 9 out of 10 have no clue. Make sure who you use is going to

1) not space out your test shot like once ever two weeks or longer. You want atleast 1 shot a week or better yet divide your weekly dosage up to two or three shots a week. Less ups and downs. Smooth level of Test ever day is key.

2) make sure they are giving you enough but not too much test. This is based also on what your shbg is. If they don't know what that is or will not run that test go somewhere else.

3) you want a place that will put on HCG. It keeps your balls working. If u say I don't want kids though I'd say that's not a good reason. Your balls produce other hormones like pregnenolone which is a very important hormone for men. I started at a place that didn't give me HCG. I felt better on the test but something didn't feel right. After starting HCG I felt alot better. Plus my balls and loads were big again lol.

4) make sure they will give you a AI pill if needed after testing shows if you need one. Estrogen is good but too little or too much is bad.

That's a fast run down that should help you see if a place is right or not.

Good luck

Welcome to the forum. You should make an intro-thread so we can get to know you and help you reach your goals.

Reaction score
Don't mean to high jack the thread, but thanks for the welcome. Trt has definitely changed my life for the good so far. So I find I'm very passionate about wanting to help others in need and pass the good word of TRT to anyone interested in hearing about it.

I'll try to make a intro thread later when I'm in front of my computer.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Everyone here covered alot I'll just add this. Put how you think you our aside and realize the body needs certain things to be healthy. Their are tons of studies done showing the benefits to your health from having proper test numbers. Me for example before starting trt my PSA was 2.8 . After starting trt it dropped to a healthier 1.0 ! Who knows with that alone if I was setting myself up for prostate cancer down the road if I didn't start trt. I used to suffer from anxiety issues too.... yes I said used too. I don't have that issue anymore and I've only been on trt for 5 months. I have energy now, I recover now, I have a appetite now, I can go on and on.

My only other advice is make sure who ever you use knows what their doing. 9 out of 10 have no clue. Make sure who you use is going to

1) not space out your test shot like once ever two weeks or longer. You want atleast 1 shot a week or better yet divide your weekly dosage up to two or three shots a week. Less ups and downs. Smooth level of Test ever day is key.

2) make sure they are giving you enough but not too much test. This is based also on what your shbg is. If they don't know what that is or will not run that test go somewhere else.

3) you want a place that will put on HCG. It keeps your balls working. If u say I don't want kids though I'd say that's not a good reason. Your balls produce other hormones like pregnenolone which is a very important hormone for men. I started at a place that didn't give me HCG. I felt better on the test but something didn't feel right. After starting HCG I felt alot better. Plus my balls and loads were big again lol.

4) make sure they will give you a AI pill if needed after testing shows if you need one. Estrogen is good but too little or too much is bad.

That's a fast run down that should help you see if a place is right or not.

Good luck

i don’t get your PSA theory usually trt raises your PSA ,

Now FSH, trt May lower that

Reaction score
i don’t get your PSA theory usually trt raises your PSA ,

Now FSH, trt May lower that
I wouldn't say I have a theory as to why this happened exactly with my psa. I agree that usally your psa goes up a little after starting trt from what I read. My thinking in simple terms is giving your body what it needs in all areas to run efficiently helps it run better and under less stress.

My prostate is definitely healthier though numbers aside on just the fact my 37 year old ass doesn't wake up in the middle of the night to pee once anymore and when I do pee now during the day it sounds like a garden hose lol.

Which is what worries me when I hear people like this guy say he doesn't think he's that bad. When bad starts very slowly and builds up over time you don't realize how much you actually lost when it happens so slow. Don't mean to sound like a dick, I'm glad he doesn't feel bad, but maybe he just never experienced what feeling great really is either. Cause I never did till I started trt.

Lab Lady

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hi Viduss,

Yes, 264 is low for Test. The "clinical" normal range for a man is 300-1080 ng/dL. I've had some of my clients crashed at 29 ng/dL. If you choose this route, the physician will not let you get above 1200 ng/dL, and that's if they really like you. Most of them will keep you in the 700-800 ng/dL range. And again, this is all dependent on how you feel. I suggest Free and Total testosterone to see your bioavilability, this include the SBGH (sex binding globulin hormone).

Hope this helps

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Hi Viduss,

Yes, 264 is low for Test. The "clinical" normal range for a man is 300-1080 ng/dL. I've had some of my clients crashed at 29 ng/dL. If you choose this route, the physician will not let you get above 1200 ng/dL, and that's if they really like you. Most of them will keep you in the 700-800 ng/dL range. And again, this is all dependent on how you feel. I suggest Free and Total testosterone to see your bioavilability, this include the SBGH (sex binding globulin hormone).

Hope this helps

Thanks, I have a consultation with a local clinic tomorrow. They’re a little friendlier with the script...

New Threads