my Elbow problems

andy

Elite
Reaction score
so since some of u know I recently came off of a test only cycle (if its even a cyclelol) i had these problems with elbows i pained little attention to cause they could be one of the side-effects, so i was told. butnow im on PCT for the 4th day and elbow is killin me, cant even do a push-up without an agony.

did anyone else had similar problems and how u dealing with it ?

thank You.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately when you cut or go off gear...you will feel injuries or body parts that have been worked hard...just the way it is:32 (11):

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Just my thoughts here but if you're like me, you pushed past the point of where you needed to rest because you wanted to get the most out of your cycle. I really don't think it has as much to do with coming off as much as you fuuked yourself up beyond the point where you needed a rest. Only you can tell that. I will also add that if that's the case, work in a deload or rest week in that same cycle time. You're not hurt, just a bit smarter now. :32 (17):

andy

Elite
Reaction score
Just my thoughts here but if you're like me, you pushed past the point of where you needed to rest because you wanted to get the most out of your cycle. I really don't think it has as much to do with coming off as much as you fuuked yourself up beyond the point where you needed a rest. Only you can tell that. I will also add that if that's the case, work in a deload or rest week in that same cycle time. You're not hurt, just a bit smarter now. :32 (17):

u might be right snake. can't remember when I had even a week off like a holiday or smth. I hear all the time how rest is important ,but it's harder to follow it yourself i guess.lol. Still following the mentallity -more is better , though it's not always the truth.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
Unfortunately when you cut or go off gear...you will feel injuries or body parts that have been worked hard...just the way it is:32 (11):

so is there a hope after my PCT the pain will go away ? I am using GLucosamine and Chondroitin as it should help joints and stuff, it's strange as when I use it i feel my elbows are more sensitive than usually so i guess it's working I just should take a time off for a while maybe.

Thank u.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
so is there a hope after my PCT the pain will go away ? I am using GLucosamine and Chondroitin as it should help joints and stuff, it's strange as when I use it i feel my elbows are more sensitive than usually so i guess it's working I just should take a time off for a while maybe.

Thank u.

If it’s not actually an injury it will fade and all is good or if you’re 50 and been training hard core for years...different story lol

Trust me, the shit I didn’t feel while on was amazing...as soon as off...different story and trust me, I know what I’m talking about due to actual injury :32 (17):

andy

Elite
Reaction score
If it’s not actually an injury it will fade and all is good or if you’re 50 and been training hard core for years...different story lol

Trust me, the shit I didn’t feel while on was amazing...as soon as off...different story and trust me, I know what I’m talking about due to actual injury :32 (17):

yeap, thanks for the input. it's just what I wanted to hear experienced guys/

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeap, thanks for the input. it's just what I wanted to hear experienced guys/

Quite a few of us are...but I’m not a guy lol...goes both ways!!!

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I've dealt with a lot of elbow pain in my past and cured it by doing a few different things. The one thing I find to help the most is to go grab a bottle of aleve or generic sodium naproxen from Walmart. The next is attempt to stop working your triceps directly for the next week or two. What helped my terrible elbows was to keep them very warm while working out. I do this by wearing a sweater or using elbow wraps. There are very convenient slip on elbow wraps you can buy for cheap. I would also recommend using workout wraps while performing bench press or shoulder press to take the stress away from the elbow for the time being. As for Tricep exercises you may find that certain exercises hurt a lot and others do not. This is because of the mechanics of the elbow and how different angles and gravity can affect the joint. I find triceps kick backs are the friendliest on the elbow joint and skull crushers can destroy the elbow joint because of the way the elbow is loaded. Plan your routine with this in mind. If you'd like a bunch of elbow healthy tricep exercise variants, PM me and I will explain further in detail.

People sometimes talk about pains after cycle... I used to get them until I realized the pain was cause by me and not the drugs. My strength always blew up on cycle along with my ego in the gym causing me to lift way too heavy. Unless you are a professional bodybuilder or sports athlete there is no need to push it heavy in the gym. If your diet is right and you are stimulating your muscles you will grow. Anyone who's just starting out please keep in mind the sky is the limit UNLESS you injure yourself. I have friends who have slipped disks squatting too much ending their workout career. They could have just chilled the **** out, fixed their diet and went on cycle to get twice as big without crippling themselves. We need to be in this for the long run.

I hope your elbow pain fades with time, Man! Naproxen can really help. If you take naproxen and the pain goes away don't think you can just jump right back into it! It is to just take the inflammation away while your elbows heal. Elbows, Knees and wrists can sometimes take a REALLY long time to heal as well. Don't let this discourage you though. Just train smart and they will eventually return to normal.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol...yes...yes...it’s us that cause the pain:32 (17):that’s the point for actual use..

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Coming off shouldn't leave u in pain so bad that u can't do a pushup. Some achy joints and sore muscles is normal but an actually injury is a different story. Take some rest and see how it feels in a week or so.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
anyone try meloxicam...?? should be a good bit more potent that naproxen

I like it, i only use it 3-4 days a wk tho.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
gonna try out naproxen, hope it helps. And yes, I first started to feel light pain in elbows just on scullcrushers I didn't pay enough attention. u live u learn.right

Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I've dealt with a lot of elbow pain in my past and cured it by doing a few different things. The one thing I find to help the most is to go grab a bottle of aleve or generic sodium naproxen from Walmart. The next is attempt to stop working your triceps directly for the next week or two. What helped my terrible elbows was to keep them very warm while working out. I do this by wearing a sweater or using elbow wraps. There are very convenient slip on elbow wraps you can buy for cheap. I would also recommend using workout wraps while performing bench press or shoulder press to take the stress away from the elbow for the time being. As for Tricep exercises you may find that certain exercises hurt a lot and others do not. This is because of the mechanics of the elbow and how different angles and gravity can affect the joint. I find triceps kick backs are the friendliest on the elbow joint and skull crushers can destroy the elbow joint because of the way the elbow is loaded. Plan your routine with this in mind. If you'd like a bunch of elbow healthy tricep exercise variants, PM me and I will explain further in detail.

People sometimes talk about pains after cycle... I used to get them until I realized the pain was cause by me and not the drugs. My strength always blew up on cycle along with my ego in the gym causing me to lift way too heavy. Unless you are a professional bodybuilder or sports athlete there is no need to push it heavy in the gym. If your diet is right and you are stimulating your muscles you will grow. Anyone who's just starting out please keep in mind the sky is the limit UNLESS you injure yourself. I have friends who have slipped disks squatting too much ending their workout career. They could have just chilled the **** out, fixed their diet and went on cycle to get twice as big without crippling themselves. We need to be in this for the long run.

I hope your elbow pain fades with time, Man! Naproxen can really help. If you take naproxen and the pain goes away don't think you can just jump right back into it! It is to just take the inflammation away while your elbows heal. Elbows, Knees and wrists can sometimes take a REALLY long time to heal as well. Don't let this discourage you though. Just train smart and they will eventually return to normal.
Really great post musclebird. Sound advice regarding the weight room.

New Threads