First run at Mk-677... first run of anything actually...

Reaction score
Good afternoon Gents,

**Disclaimer: I understand this is not HGH nor is it "real" gear and most of ya'll may just dispose of this thread all together but I really wanted to document what I do and ask for wisdom along the way.**

I have been a long time lurker here, posted up in the newb section over a year ago. I have never used gear or "PED's" and for a while looked into it seriously... but every time I feel like pulling the trigger I look at my nutrition and sleep/recovery and tighten everything up to squeeze a bit more out of my training, but now I feel I am just about at far as I can push completely natural. I have been able to maintain my strength and increase my work capacity a good deal the past year. I recently ran my 2nd 5k and was able to nip the 21:00 mark. I have also added just a small bit to my total.

What I desire-
I would like to bump up my body weight to around 210 and add 3-4% to my total *all while maintaining my current work capacity and conditioning, at least as much as I can.

Past Benchmarks: Spring 2017

Ht: 6'
Wt: 205

Total 1325
Bench: 325
Squat: 435
Dead: 565

Clean and Jerk: 315
Snatch: 255
400m: 51sec

Current Benchmarks

Ht: 6'
Wt: 200-205

Total 1375
Bench: 355
Squat: 445
Dead: 575

Clean and Jerk: 315
Snatch: 255

Current Diet:
-6-7 meals a day
-4200 calories a day minimum... 35/50/15 (P/C/F) macro ratio
- I eat a lot of dead animals/meat

Current Supps:
- Creapure creatine (5g a day) *I cramp at higher doses with metabolic conditioning workouts
- Now Foods Egg White Protein
- SuperFood Protein (plant based)
- Carlson's Fish Oil (1 tbs every day)
- Multivitamin
- Beta-Alanine (2-4g before metabolic conditioning training)

I just received my MK-677 Sample 30ML (25mg/ML) from SarmSearch... from what I have read typical dosage is 25mg/day with some running up to 50mg/day. Typically taken at night or later in the day. Research on this stuff is pretty limited, half life or its affect is around 24hr I believe. Supposed to increase IGF-I serum levels and hgh. I am skeptical but also still too much of a wimp to get on real gear.

I plan on running 10mg/day, starting this evening... and see where that gets me. I have not had blood work completed nor will I unless ya'll recommend it.

I hope this is cool with ya'll, posting this and documenting what I do. I would appreciate your wisdom and criticism!

Cheers

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I think you will get some mixed reviews on MK. If you take it, should be 25mg ed. Im sure it effects people differently. For me it added about 7 pounds of water weight. As soon as I dropped it, the weight came off. I looked a little bloated also. Maybe if I would have taken it longer things would be different, but when I started looking bloated I felt it wasn't for me. Just my opinion.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Do as test cycle. You'll be a ****ing beast.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Your goals are realistic without any supplements IMO be hard to tell if you do get our results what it was from. But interested to see someone actually log MK and see what happens.

Reaction score
I think you will get some mixed reviews on MK. If you take it, should be 25mg ed. Im sure it effects people differently. For me it added about 7 pounds of water weight. As soon as I dropped it, the weight came off. I looked a little bloated also. Maybe if I would have taken it longer things would be different, but when I started looking bloated I felt it wasn't for me. Just my opinion.

Were you running Mk with a PCT or by itself?

Limiting my na intake I was hoping to minimize water retention...

Appreciate your input man

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I think any first hand log would be helpful to others. Assuming you’re objective and take as methodical approach which you seem to be doing.

Even if it just ends up confirming Mo’s experience, it’s still another personal experience to draw conclusions from.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. It truly sounds that you have a desire, and are possibly ready for the next level. I can't give any advice on the MK, but the results, or the lack of, might be the kick you need to try the real "next level".

Reaction score
Do as test cycle. You'll be a ****ing beast.

Your goals are realistic without any supplements IMO be hard to tell if you do get our results what it was from. But interested to see someone actually log MK and see what happens.

Welcome to the UG. It truly sounds that you have a desire, and are possibly ready for the next level. I can't give any advice on the MK, but the results, or the lack of, might be the kick you need to try the real "next level".

I agree that this may be the entry for me to actually pull the trigger and do a legit cycle, I just feel as if I need to study more and get a solid knowledge base on what to do before I go in.

I did also order Mk 2866 / Ostarine that arrives this Saturday the 19th. Ordered it prior to the ban. I am contemplating running both, but unsure yet. What ever I do I will document and log results as objectively as possible.

I am open to criticism and wisdom... I hear SARMs are great for flushing down the toilet, haha but I again am possibly using this as a perquisite/gateway to using real gear.

________________________________________________________________________________

Update: 5/17/2018

5:00pm - 12.5mg (on a somewhat empty stomach... I never really have an empty stomach) *I ended up 12.5 mg dose a this was easiest dose w/syringe.

Tastes pretty bad, downed it with 8oz water before I started meal 6. Only noticed perhaps an increase in appetite and I slept fairly hard last night. I will more than likely stick with an afternoon/early evening dosing so long as my sleep quality is not affected.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
run them both together
no questions asked.

you will need to for them to produce anything really.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with MK-677,m but appreciate the detail you have provided and for taking the time to log your experience.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I used it a few years ago before i started my first test cycle. From my experience, there is definitrly no comparison. I didnt get anything out of the sarms other than the bad taste, and a loss of money

I hope you have a better experience

Reaction score
run them both together
no questions asked.

you will need to for them to produce anything really.

From everything I have read I agree.

I don't have any experience with MK-677,m but appreciate the detail you have provided and for taking the time to log your experience.

I used it a few years ago before i started my first test cycle. From my experience, there is definitrly no comparison. I didnt get anything out of the sarms other than the bad taste, and a loss of money

I hope you have a better experience

I do also, I hope that this will be the little bit of boost I need to take it to the next level... or the "let down" that will make me want to take it to the next level haha.... but if anything I hope to document what results do or do not come.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Update 5/17 -

Ostarine (Mk 2866) arrived early so I went ahead and dosed it today with my Mk-677 as follows. **This will be my daily dosing schedule**

2-3:00pm Daily
(Post workout #1) (Prior to meal 4)

Mk 2866 (Ostarine)
- 12.5mg capsule
Mk 677 - 12.5 mg liquid solution ... taste is pretty freakin bad

Reaction score
5/18 Update

What's up ya'll... just a brief update.

3rd day in... of course not really expecting to see or feel anything but wanted to document that I am not having any side effects per say. I have had some weird dreams the last two nights but nothing that interrupted sleep cycle.

Yesterday evening I had a volume high bar back squat session, these sessions usually cause DOMS or pretty bad soreness 2-3 days out. Curious to see if anything differs. Its obviously still very early.

Feeling well, energy is good, training has been good... by diet has been solid, may have to start meal prepping every 3 days now to keep up with meals instead of pounding a shake and carb source for one or two of my meals throughout the day....I am eating whole foods for nearly every meal aside from directly before hard metcon training.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Would changing up your diet influence what results you may see? I.e give a false success

Reaction score
Would changing up your diet influence what results you may see? I.e give a false success

My daily macro and meal macro break down is remaining the same, I’m working towards being as consistent as possible. As all of y’all know, that have pushed the envelope with or without gear you know how tight diet has to be. No missed meals, sleep, recovery has to be on point.

I just wanted to doc any changes and record any and all details to best of my ability. I’m not certain that replacing a meal a day from shake and carb source to whole food would change anything as long as macros are same. But this is what I will be doing now on through this run so as you said I won’t manipulate results. Just recording what I am doing.

Appreciate your point you brought up, also man I enjoy lifting heavy/training and pushing the limits of the human body. It’s damn awesome.

Reaction score
5/22 Update (1 week)

Daily Dosing:
- 12.5 mg Mk 677 ( 12.5mg in 0.5ml liquid solution)
- 12.5 mg Mk 2866 "Ostarine" (12.5mg capsule)

Weight: 204

Training: I have felt better than average, energy levels have been really good. Weights have felt easier to move, not necessarily "lighter" but I can move weight easier, but due to this I also feel I hit my anaerobic threshold much faster training... Therefore, I am trying to figure out how to throttle back and not push to what I usually feel or perceive is an effort to which I can maintain. I am not certain if that makes sense. It has made apparent my aerobic capacity needs work even more, which simply takes time.

Recovery: I may be recovering slightly better, but I feel this could be due to improved sleep....I feel a slight decrease in DOMS after two-a-days, especially high volume front rack/squatting sessions.

Of course it is really too early I believe to be seeing results worth documenting but overall there is no dramatic shift or change I feel or see other than improved sleep which could lead to improved recovery and performance. I am not waking up during the night at all and I feel better in the morning upon waking. My energy level hasn't decreased and I do not feel lethargic. I am not having to combat fatigue with caffeine nor am I taking any pre-workout.

To be continued... overhead work and sprint day today yeyee

Reaction score
5/24 Update

So I am fighting a freaking horrible tooth ache... the last two days have been difficult getting in all of my calories. A root canal I had done about 4 weeks ago flared up and now the Dr. has me on Penicillin 500mg/every 8 hrs. I am also chewing down NSAID's to keep pain down.

I had to change up the majority of my meals to consist of soft/easy chewable proteins and carbs like scrambled whole eggs+egg whites, over cooked rice, mashed sweet potato...

Freaking man, how can a tooth cause that much pain. Ahhh hopefully I will get some relief in the next few days.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
toothaches are no joke. I've had some that had me rockin back and fourth in the fetal position for hours. No fun at all. So now that sarms are illegal do you plan on running a test cycle...

The bill hasn’t been passed right? I thought I remember someone saying it was introduced but not passed.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
As I stated in another post, all MK-677 did was make me sleepy AND raise my blood sugar over 100. As soon as I stopped (EDIT: 2 months later), my blood sugar tested in the 70 to 80 range, just as it always measured. Other than that, it was a VERY expensive sleeping drug.

Benefits noticed by me: NONE

Granted, after doing more research, it is possible that I received underdosed or bunk MK-677. Regardless, I won't do it again.

Last edited:

New Threads