Melting points

Reaction score
I'm just trying to get feedback and see what everybody thinks about melting points. What I say melting points I mean for instance Tren A has a melting point of something like 171゚F. How many people think that if you take it above that you're burning off the hormone?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Sounds like a question for Bundy.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Melting point is not the same as what temp will destroy the hormone.

herrsauce

Reaction score
The melting point is the temperature at which a solid substance turns into a liquid. That's it. The boiling point would be a more concerning temperature where the liquid then evaporates. That's where you will be "burning off" the hormone. The temperature range between the melting point and boiling point is usually where the substance is a theoretically stable liquid.

Some substances decompose at high temps before melting or evaporating, but they typically would not have a listed melting point. They would have a temperature of decomposition.

A melting point is generally a fairly accurate ballpark method of determining purity.

This is all assuming you are working with pure powder. Tren in a solution, mix, or oil will have different properties. If you are looking to brew, I would keep up the research so you can identify these terms more readily. Unless you are already experienced.

I would just be careful with your source of these numbers. Some anabolics are not listed in their ester formations in some of the more reliable chemical databases.

Last edited:

New Threads