Is my Free T low enough for TRT?

dsa8864667

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My Free Test bloods came back at 53 pg/ml, Would that be low enough to get a prescription from Endo ? Im 42 years old BTW.

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
We need to know what your Total Testosterone is first. They look at that first. If you are borderline then they will take Free T into account.

dsa8864667

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My Endo only did my Free test labs.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
My Free Test bloods came back at 53 pg/ml, Would that be low enough to get a prescription from Endo ? Im 42 years old BTW.

i believe your free is still considered normal even through its on the low side of normal
its still in the norm, but get re tested and get your total test checked and go from there

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score

If you break that down to 5.3 ng/dL, it sounds low. But like Mega said that number isn't the whole picture.

dsa8864667

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking back at my older blood work My Total Test was around 275. Hate this new doctor!!:mad:

dsa8864667

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been on TRT for around 4-5 years, My GP retired and new GP sent me to see a Endo. The Endo took me off of my TRT script to see if i would recover naturally. He put me on a Clomid regimen at 50mg ed for around 4 months then told me to wait 3-4 weeks to get bloods drawn after Clomid regimen was complete. The Endo said only my Free Test bloods where necessary plus some common labs also.

Reaction score
I've been on TRT for around 4-5 years, My GP retired and new GP sent me to see a Endo. The Endo took me off of my TRT script to see if i would recover naturally. He put me on a Clomid regimen at 50mg ed for around 4 months then told me to wait 3-4 weeks to get bloods drawn after Clomid regimen was complete. The Endo said only my Free Test bloods where necessary plus some common labs also.
Damn, how rough was that? Did you really stop all Test and run the Clomid? Did you ever recover production after all those years on trt?

Reaction score
Explaining how your well being has taken a hit goes a long way too. Lack of energy, sex drive, motivation, thus straining your marriage and job performance

dsa8864667

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Explaining how your well being has taken a hit goes a long way too. Lack of energy, sex drive, motivation, thus straining your marriage and job performance

Its been extremely rough!! No energy , no motivation, gained lots of belly fat,Anxiety worse, No sex drive at all ,thank god My wife is understanding what I'm going through. Waiting for a call from Endo either today or tomorrow to see if i can get my script back,if not ill just self medicate. I cant live or feel like this anymore!

dsa8864667

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If my Doc denies my script I'm just going to self medicate. I do feel like death, not worth feeling like this!

dsa8864667

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great news for me, My Endo gave me a script of 80mg once a week. Now i can go back to feeling better.

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
Looking back at my older blood work My Total Test was around 275. Hate this new doctor!!:mad:

Total Testosterone of 275ng/dl is Hypogonadal. There is no need to check Free T. Unless the underlying cause of your hypogonadism can be corrected you need TRT. If your Endo doesn't know that it is time to get a new doctor.

Just for reference:

TT < 300ng/dl = Hypogonadism

TT < 350ng/dl + Low Free T = Borderline Hypogonadism

Standard procedure is to treat both cases with TRT per the Endocrinologist Journals.

Last edited:

New Threads