New to board

Reaction score
New to board. Started by journey in January to lose weight. Started at 300 and weight about 255 now. I have stalled and really just looking for a good diet plan to follow. I hit the gym at least 5 days a week. My arms and chest have really shown great improvement but unfortunately I have a bigger lower stomach and love handles that I’m trying to get rid of. So any advice would be great

Reaction score
welcome buddy .have fun ,stay safe
belly fat =eat less more cardio,happydays

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB and congrats on your progress. 300lbs to 255 is no small feat. If you're anything like me, you'll lean out from the outside in so you'll arms and shoulders will be first and, sorry to say, your stomach will be last. Don't get discouraged, though. You're on the right path. A lot of valuable info on this board. Check out the threads and stickies and if you run into a stumbling block ask away.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Patience and consistency is what I would suggest. Losing weight isn't always linear. You just need to stay focused in maintaining a deficit. Record your intake if you need to.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You need some input from Bigdog. Hope he shows up.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
New to board. Started by journey in January to lose weight. Started at 300 and weight about 255 now. I have stalled and really just looking for a good diet plan to follow. I hit the gym at least 5 days a week. My arms and chest have really shown great improvement but unfortunately I have a bigger lower stomach and love handles that I’m trying to get rid of. So any advice would be great

Can you detail your diet? Diet is 80% of the work at this point. There’s a lot of us on the board who’ve gone through the process you’re going through now. Please post as much detail as you can.

Also, how much are you losing per week? If you can stay at a 2lb/week rate you’ll get down there before you know it. Be patient, losing to much will stall you out or do bad things to your muscle mass.

Whats your training like? This is less critical but it’s worth having the guys here get that sorted out so you hit the ground running when your BF is lower.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to UGBB.
You’ve lost 1/6 of your body this year. You’re doing fine.

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Agreed with everyone else here.
First welcome
Second
Belly fat and loves at least for myself.. Very very last thing to go.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what up bud

keep on th 5 day a wk thing and make sure to do some cardio too. Really really look at your cals now, the first half of progress is always easier than the 2nd. each lb will be that much harder as you go.

are you focused on just fat loss or some body building & fat loss...??

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Mate. Good advice er getting already. Stay the course. MyFitnessPal is yer friend.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Great advice above.

Welcome to The Underground.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I lost 55 lbs recently. Eat in a deficit keep protein high and train 6 days a week. Fasted cardio seemed to help for me. Goodluck

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio baby!!!!!!!!!:32 (17):

Reaction score
I do Keto as my diet. Basically i find crockpot recipes and cook them then portion them out. I Intermittent fast. And break fast at 11. I eat my meal. At 1:30 I eat a protein bar and then at about 4-5 I eat dinner.

My workout out I usually do 6 days. Rotate between. Push pull then legs and repeat. Do HIIT and LISS cardio depending on the day. My goal is to drop the weight to around 200 or so then build back up muscle wise. I lift pretty heavy now and have noticed getting bigger muscle wise.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I do Keto as my diet. Basically i find crockpot recipes and cook them then portion them out. I Intermittent fast. And break fast at 11. I eat my meal. At 1:30 I eat a protein bar and then at about 4-5 I eat dinner.

My workout out I usually do 6 days. Rotate between. Push pull then legs and repeat. Do HIIT and LISS cardio depending on the day. My goal is to drop the weight to around 200 or so then build back up muscle wise. I lift pretty heavy now and have noticed getting bigger muscle wise.

sounds like you have a solid plan. I went the other way and did 6 evenly spaced meals on a Spongy diet (Helios Nutrition). A coworker dropped 80lbs doing intermittent fasting so they obviously both work. I think it really comes down to what is easier for you to mentally stick with.

checkout MyFitnessPal and HappyScale. I used happy scale religiously to keep my motivated and progressing. Good luck,

New Threads