huge arms anybody??

oldschool67

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
hey bros, the largest my arms measured were 19 1/2 inches( just before i fucked my knee up)..i wanted that 20 so fucking bad...to be honest, i was on madcow 5x5 and my direct arm work was limited to wednesday, 4 sets hammer curls, 4 sets crushers. that was it. i was afraid of this low volume arm work, way to stubborn and thought this possibly cant be good, well , due to my alimoney(230.00 a week, fuking fat cunt) i was forced to rethink my training strategy, i couldn't afford the gas to make it 5 days per week, so i had to 'give in' if you will to a new way of training, and i found the best regimen , for me, ever. 5x5..i never looked back.

G

Georgia

That's f'n huge my man. Still mad props for getting it up to 19.5!!

How many days a week do you work out? I do a 3 day split. Two body parts each time. I do pyramid 5 sets...heavy as I can go at the end. I grew on that really fast. Never tried 5x5 though!

Z

Zeek

5x5 is awesome for size gains! works for me everytime to blast me through the stagnant points.

hey bros, the largest my arms measured were 19 1/2 inches( just before i fucked my knee up)..i wanted that 20 so fucking bad...to be honest, i was on madcow 5x5 and my direct arm work was limited to wednesday, 4 sets hammer curls, 4 sets crushers. that was it. i was afraid of this low volume arm work, way to stubborn and thought this possibly cant be good, well , due to my alimoney(230.00 a week, fuking fat cunt) i was forced to rethink my training strategy, i couldn't afford the gas to make it 5 days per week, so i had to 'give in' if you will to a new way of training, and i found the best regimen , for me, ever. 5x5..i never looked back.

oldschool67

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's f'n huge my man. Still mad props for getting it up to 19.5!!

How many days a week do you work out? I do a 3 day split. Two body parts each time. I do pyramid 5 sets...heavy as I can go at the end. I grew on that really fast. Never tried 5x5 though!

i lift 3xs per week bro, 5-3-1 currently, workout a legs workout b chest workout c lats workout d delts.. on a revolving schedule..the last workout of the week is continued on the following week a,b,c,..d,a,b,..c,a,b...similar to a 5x5, in your workouts revolve around big compound lifts, as i realize now they should do so. there is a place for every type of training..specialization routines, strength, but i dont think i could go back to a 5 day split. the 5x5 put a good 30 lbs of bodyweight in a few short months, living on milk, eggs,cheese, peanut butter and jelly,thats all i could afford! try it bro, really tough but since you have never trained on this system before you too may get awesome results! thank you for your props brother Georgia!!

G

Georgia

Not sure if I'm explaining 100% correctly. Just from my reading.

5 sets of 5 reps at the same weight. No pyramiding

Next time you work out that body part...move up in weight. Every week you are increasing weight or trying to. If you can't just go back down and hit the 5x5 again at the same or similar weight you used last week until you break past that plateau...then continue to climb

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds easy enough. Georgia, love your fn avitars

Z

Zeek

great explanation! rep pts for you!

Next time you work out that body part...move up in weight. Every week you are increasing weight or trying to. If you can't just go back down and hit the 5x5 again at the same or similar weight you used last week until you break past that plateau...then continue to climb

G

Georgia

Sounds easy enough. Georgia, love your fn avitars

Easy as balls. I love it too! Go Dawgs! WOOF WOOF WOOF!

great explanation! rep pts for you!

Yay yay yay yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

tumblr_m3b6tqrO4S1qkxjzf.gif

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have 19 1/2 inch arms whats your stats oldschool??

btfw: welcome to the club, I want my full 20''lol

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Easy as balls. I love it too! Go Dawgs! WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Yay yay yay yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

tumblr_m3b6tqrO4S1qkxjzf.gif

LMAO !!! LMAO !!! LMAO !!! (had to make it 10 characters ;) )

oldschool67

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have 19 1/2 inch arms whats your stats oldschool??

btfw: welcome to the club, I want my full 20''lol

havent measured anything since the injury bro..i kinda put that aside, for now.. thank you for the welcome!! hold on, i just put a tape around my arm..17 1/2 cold..i had to! i suppose it just goes to show how relative heavy leg training is in relation to arm growth...i havent trained my arms in a few years, just some hammer curls and pressdowns, occasionally. good work bro, you will get your 20, we are counting on it!

oldschool67

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

your last heavy set on friday, which should be 5 lbs heavier on the squat and row,2 1/2lbs(as long as your gym has 1 1/2 lbers) on bench than it was on monday, this will be your STARTING weight on the following monday.in a nutshell georgia.

Reaction score
just to read make don`t even measure mines ever ...lol

Reaction score

Nice tip, I`m working arms like never before so I may try this Georgia

G

Georgia

I personally pyramid everything. It works for me. Going heavy makes me grow. I used to just do 4-5 sets of the same weight. (Wasn't dead on 5x5 program) but I didn't grow. It was lighter weights of 8-12 reps.

So going heavy...down to 2 reps. Is what gets me growing

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya man 5x5 works wonders for groing.

bigmike33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I site inject my biceps and mine r well over 20

New Threads