Couple questions about cycle types?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So im doing as much reading and question asking as i can before i decide weather to start a cycle or not.

Ive read the "first cycle" post on here and it was just fantastic information. One question i had was, if someone were to start out on a test only cycle, is there any point to adding something like dbol in after the first few weeks or is it best to take that in the first 4-5 weeks and not to bother if you are already a few weeks into a cycle?

Second is for someone that has no interest in competing or getting a real "body builder" look. Is there any reason to use any of the other stuff down the line like tren and the such.

Thanks in advance

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test only on your first cycle,always been my opinion,then after 1st cycle start to use other compounds

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
^^^agreed with 1.

#2-you eat towards your goals with the help of drugs. You may think now you don't want anything other than test, but once the effects fully kick in, it's hard not to wonder what tren, deca, and others feel like

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not to mention...do you train on a regular basis???

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
You just started trt 4 weeks ago. Slow down.

HAHA , no DK, im not starting anything, im still doing research and trying to learn all i can about everything i can before i start any type of cycle LOL. I want to have as much info and knowledge about this subject that i can possibly get into my head before i start anything.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Not to mention...do you train on a regular basis???

5 days a week for the past 8 months, off and on before that since i was 12......im 42 now. So while the current time frame is not that long, i do not consider myself a new lifter by any means at all.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
5 days a week for the past 8 months, off and on before that since i was 12......im 42 now. So while the current time frame is not that long, i do not consider myself a new lifter by any means at all.

Just checkin LoL..but glad you’re in no hurry..cuz in my opinion..you’re not ready and I’m not saying that in a negative way..doing gear isn’t just like taking an aspirin:32 (17):

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Just checkin LoL..but glad you’re in no hurry..cuz in my opinion..you’re not ready and I’m not saying that in a negative way..doing gear isn’t just like taking an aspirin:32 (17):

Nope, i had no delusions that it would be anything close to it :) And no, im not ready, im still learning and i want to get the TRT stuff dialed in before i move on to anything extra.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Best way is test only. If you want to add an oral id reccomend something with little or no e2 sides like tbol or var at the tail end of the cycle so you would have already gauged how your body reacts to test and the e2 side effects. I did test and tbol like this for my first time

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
I did trt for around 14 weeks before i started my first cycle of test only.....even when starting trt i knew i wanted to try blasting so i used that time to do all the research i could, basically lived on this board during that time and made sure i had every thing ready for a cycle and wouldnt have to rush order something halfway through...it sounds like you are kind of doing the same so enjoy what you have now and when its time to take the leap you will be overprepared:)

And like metalhaead1 said....you will get curious as to what other compounds do for you...i know i am!!!! stick around here man i think youll really fit in here

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I did trt for around 14 weeks before i started my first cycle of test only.....even when starting trt i knew i wanted to try blasting so i used that time to do all the research i could, basically lived on this board during that time and made sure i had every thing ready for a cycle and wouldnt have to rush order something halfway through...it sounds like you are kind of doing the same so enjoy what you have now and when its time to take the leap you will be overprepared:)

And like metalhaead1 said....you will get curious as to what other compounds do for you...i know i am!!!! stick around here man i think youll really fit in here

Thanks for that, and yeah, i see absolutely no point into rushing into anything that can be as complicated as AAS without first learning all you can about it and being as prepared as you can be BEFORE you start. Just in the time ive been here i have learned so much and still feel i have so much more to learn, but its all interesting stuff and super helpful.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
What Bullseye said.

As for not competing, I would venture a guess that 90% of the people who do AAS have no intent on competing in PL or BB. I should also add that you don't need to do any PEDS to compete at a local level. You may not win but you still can hang with the field. This will just take more time and effort then most are willing to give.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
So im doing as much reading and question asking as i can before i decide weather to start a cycle or not.

Ive read the "first cycle" post on here and it was just fantastic information. One question i had was, if someone were to start out on a test only cycle, is there any point to adding something like dbol in after the first few weeks or is it best to take that in the first 4-5 weeks and not to bother if you are already a few weeks into a cycle?

Second is for someone that has no interest in competing or getting a real "body builder" look. Is there any reason to use any of the other stuff down the line like tren and the such.

Thanks in advance

I recently finished my first cycle ,was test cyp only 300mgs/week , believe or not i got some gains, I felt stronger and lifted harder and overall was happy. But, I'm pretty sure that such a low dose worked for me just because my diet, my training style was as good as it could be.

and yes trenbolon sounds like a good stuff to add, but I feel your first cycle should be simple as possible So that if you have any side-effects you know what causes it.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I recently finished my first cycle ,was test cyp only 300mgs/week , believe or not i got some gains, I felt stronger and lifted harder and overall was happy. But, I'm pretty sure that such a low dose worked for me just because my diet, my training style was as good as it could be.

and yes trenbolon sounds like a good stuff to add, but I feel your first cycle should be simple as possible So that if you have any side-effects you know what causes it.

If i run one it will be a test only for the first, that much ive already decided. After that i was thinking a dbol/test run. Havent done any planning past 2 cycles. Ill have to evaluate at the time, and since that is a fairly long time off im just going to keep reading up as much as i can for now and get all the other stuff in check like my diet.
I feel that is the part of my training that is the most lacking and i need to get it on track.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
If i run one it will be a test only for the first, that much ive already decided. After that i was thinking a dbol/test run. Havent done any planning past 2 cycles. Ill have to evaluate at the time, and since that is a fairly long time off im just going to keep reading up as much as i can for now and get all the other stuff in check like my diet.
I feel that is the part of my training that is the most lacking and i need to get it on track.

Take it from a guy on his first cycle ..a second cycle is the last thing that should be on your mind...focus on getting your trt dialed in and use this time to plan your test only cycle...you can plan your 2nd cycle later...just no need to add the stress of it being on your mind..just one mans opinion....keep asking questions too that really helped me learn the ropes.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Take it from a guy on his first cycle ..a second cycle is the last thing that should be on your mind...focus on getting your trt dialed in and use this time to plan your test only cycle...you can plan your 2nd cycle later...just no need to add the stress of it being on your mind..just one mans opinion....keep asking questions too that really helped me learn the ropes.

Eh, i always like to plan ahead, doesn't cause any stress lol. I like to have an idea of what im going to be doing and when. Probably comes from my job where i have to think ahead to a number of things and possible situations that may occur.
I do get what youre saying though and i am taking things one step at a time, im just also planning out the next couple steps while doing it lol.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Eh, i always like to plan ahead, doesn't cause any stress lol. I like to have an idea of what im going to be doing and when. Probably comes from my job where i have to think ahead to a number of things and possible situations that may occur.
I do get what youre saying though and i am taking things one step at a time, im just also planning out the next couple steps while doing it lol.

Makes sense...i was trying to plan my 2nd before i even started my first and it got overwhelming but you seem the type of person that can handle it..

Hows the trt coming btw?...youre still early on yea?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Makes sense...i was trying to plan my 2nd before i even started my first and it got overwhelming but you seem the type of person that can handle it..

Hows the trt coming btw?...youre still early on yea?

He was the kind of kid hat kept multi-year Christmas lists. He also dollar-cost averaged his toy requests to maximize the return on his “good behavior” investment.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
He was the kind of kid hat kept multi-year Christmas lists. He also dollar-cost averaged his toy requests to maximize the return on his “good behavior” investment.

That was some funny shit!!!

New Threads