Best diet ever!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
My opinion...my life....my being around this lifestyle my whole life...being around other folks that have done the same...and it's all folks in fitness...not just folks using gear lol

The only part about the "calories vs calories" that might not be the way to get their ass in shape...is if someone is going to step on a stage or they have medical issues..because honestly training properly is the main frickin part also INCLUDING cardio which a lot of folks hate...tough shit!

FYI, my personal trainer is extremely active on this board...he can see everything I type...so I'm not making shit up when I talk about this....he's also worked excellent with me and seen extreme results as in...I don't fuuuck around...I know he has some opinions different about food but it's not because calorie vs calorie doesn't work....

I agree Jenn. I have been on a quest to get bigger for a few years now, but at the expense of being in great shape...

I think if we are to stay healthy and continue this for the long haul, what we put into our body (and what we choose not too), and our commitment to cardiovascular health/shape are of utmost importance.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My opinion...my life....my being around this lifestyle my whole life...being around other folks that have done the same...and it's all folks in fitness...not just folks using gear lol

The only part about the "calories vs calories" that might not be the way to get their ass in shape...is if someone is going to step on a stage or they have medical issues..because honestly training properly is the main frickin part also INCLUDING cardio which a lot of folks hate...tough shit!

FYI, my personal trainer is extremely active on this board...he can see everything I type...so I'm not making shit up when I talk about this....he's also worked excellent with me and seen extreme results as in...I don't fuuuck around...I know he has some opinions different about food but it's not because calorie vs calorie doesn't work....

I agree with what Jen said above (damnit, Jen! I think we need to do DNA tests)

There is a progression in complexity as someone travels along the fitness spectrum.The diet for someone who is at 30%bf and wants to go to 20% will be a lot more basic than someone who wants to go from 10% to 5%.

Calories in vs calories out can get you pretty far down the spectrum but being able to keep training with any sort of intensity below 10% takes another level of sophistication.

With that being said, I do always suggest calories in vs out as a starting point. Most of the people I talk with are thrilled at 15% and calories in vs out can get them there without complicating it to a degree where compliance becomes impossible.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I think you are right too DK. Calories in vs calories out has gotten me to where I wanted to be up to this point. It will always be the backbone of my diet, but what I needed evolved as I progressed and created new goals. Overall, I want to be as healthy as possible and look the part as well.

In regards to the Vertical Diet, I have some things to report, so I will dig up my vertical diet thread and post up some things I have noticed/experienced so far...

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In regards to the Vertical Diet, I have some things to report, so I will dig up my vertical diet thread and post up some things I have noticed/experienced so far...

I was hoping you'd write up a synopsis :)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with what Jen said above (damnit, Jen! I think we need to do DNA tests)

There is a progression in complexity as someone travels along the fitness spectrum.The diet for someone who is at 30%bf and wants to go to 20% will be a lot more basic than someone who wants to go from 10% to 5%.

Calories in vs calories out can get you pretty far down the spectrum but being able to keep training with any sort of intensity below 10% takes another level of sophistication.

With that being said, I do always suggest calories in vs out as a starting point. Most of the people I talk with are thrilled at 15% and calories in vs out can get them there without complicating it to a degree where compliance becomes impossible.

LOL on the DNA test!!

The only thing I will add is my BF % on just calorie vs calorie and training hardass was low as fuuuck..so again...it’s sticking to business :)

Reaction score
I’ve personally had the most success with vegetarianism/veganism. Also, avoiding any products from farm factories. That being any type of dairy farm farm factory cows. This by default excludes most junk food. I also drink very little pop and limit alcohol intake. Drink mostly water, coffee, juice and tea. I weigh on average 20+ plus less pounds than before.

I maintain lean muscle and am fitter than before. And no, it’s not because of training harder. I’ve always trained hard!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve personally had the most success with vegetarianism/veganism. Also, avoiding any products from farm factories. That being any type of dairy farm farm factory cows. This by default excludes most junk food. I also drink very little pop and limit alcohol intake. Drink mostly water, coffee, juice and tea. I weigh on average 20+ plus less pounds than before.

I maintain lean muscle and am fitter than before. And no, it’s not because of training harder. I’ve always trained hard!

Snake couldn’t agree more.

Im grabbing my popcorn to watch this one...

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

To each their own...

I am an outdoorsman and hunt and fish for food.

But if it works for you, great. Me personally, I could not handle the high-gaseousness of having legumes being my primary source of protein. And I definitely dont want to get it from soy. Some people digest the lectins in legumes well, but many people dont... I am one of those people that legumes wreak havov on my digestive system, so I steer clear of them entirely. I want to eat simple foods that satisfy both my micro and macro needs. A vegan diet would not allow for that (for me).

I agree with you about highly processed foods being bad. I will say though, that most vegans I have met consume most of their calories from highly processed foods, which I truly believe to be the real health issue that is leading to chronic disease, not animal products.

Sorry, I do not mean to start a debate here, I just have a strong opinion on this subject and I am not someone who is uninformed/uneducated. But again, if you like it and it works for you/makes you happy, then great.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
To each their own...

I am an outdoorsman and hunt and fish for food.

But if it works for you, great. Me personally, I could not handle the high-gaseousness of having legumes being my primary source of protein. And I definitely dont want to get it from soy. Some people digest the lectins in legumes well, but many people dont... I am one of those people that legumes wreak havov on my digestive system, so I steer clear of them entirely. I want to eat simple foods that satisfy both my micro and macro needs. A vegan diet would not allow for that (for me).

I agree with you about highly processed foods being bad. I will say though, that most vegans I have met consume most of their calories from highly processed foods, which I truly believe to be the real health issue that is leading to chronic disease, not animal products.

Sorry, I do not mean to start a debate here, I just have a strong opinion on this subject and I am not someone who is uninformed/uneducated. But again, if you like it and it works for you/makes you happy, then great.

You can get complete protien from combining other non-legume based plant products.

(reclines further and pops the top of a fresh beer)

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
You can get complete protien from combining other non-legume based plant products.

(reclines further and pops the top of a fresh beer)

Like what.....?

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol. I simply haven’t been on here to respond. I admittedly have swayed from the path. A mixture of waning resolve and financial difficulties. (Oh and inebriation). Most of my cheating has been by consuming farm factory milk products.

It definitely isn’t for everyone. Though, the people that just eat a bunch of processed crap, may as well keep eating meat if you ask me. Some people just start out that way though and learn as they go. As for gassenous, I get way less when I don’t eat meat. Of course, my calorie intake could also be a culprit. Over indulgence in a nutshell.

In regards to debating, there is no harm. If it stays true to the word and doesn’t evolve into an argument, it is mutually beneficial. The worst that can happen is that somebody learns.

Final words. I ask that you would dwell upon them before responding. Don’t view it as an attack, but look at it objectively.

If we desire something that we don’t truly need, then is it not an addiction? I’m curious to what you all may think of this.