Best diet ever!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Best diet ever? What works for you?

I think we spend too much time on diet fads, and everyone seems to handle/process things differently... Like some people can handle really high carbs, others can handle higher fats low car better.

Ultimately, its a calories in vs calories out scenario. But there are some tricks like carb cycling, keto, and fasting (depending on goals).

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I definitely think it comes down to what you can stick with. Spongy’s diet has worked well for me. (It’s similar to the one you were previously mentioning)

Even though I hit my short term goal, I keep following it out of habit. Plus it makes me feel right physically, no blotting etc.

A guy I worked with dropped 80lbs doing intermittent fasting while I was eating 6 times a day. Both worked because we stuck to it.

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Calorie is a calorie as long as amino acids are there to build muscle. fasting does not slow your metabolism and works great to dial in, keto is awesome.

Last edited:

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Calorie is a calorie as long as amino acids are there to build muscle. fasting does not slow your metabolism and works great to dial in, keto is awesome.

Ive had good results with fasting and have done Keto in the past with great results... Im fixin to do keto again for a while I think.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Wait....weren't you our test case for the Vertical Diet?

Yes! I am currenty doing the Vertical Diet. You can run it in Keto if you want... You can carb cycle or whatever. He left it open to your own specific caloric/macro/training needs. Its pretty cool actually. The pdf is 52 pages and gives different options depending on your needs.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Wait....weren't you our test case for the Vertical Diet?

He tipped me off to the ten minute post meal walks. Not sure if it makes a difference diet-wise but it certainly makes you feel great.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think diet is the most complicated part of what we do.Getting under 10% bf and Being over 200 pounds is fukkin hard .Every meal has to be perfect .cal in cal out Won't cut it

Last edited:

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keto is shit imo.. You can build muscle and burn fat while eating tons of carbs

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The problem with diets is that it's a diet .. You don't wanna be on a diet u want a lifestyle of eating that will give u your goals .

So curious...since you have been off for a while and not training..did you keep what you were eating the same?

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hell no .. I went crazy with eating shit for the past 4 months.. I'm fat and out of shape .

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If I did keep it the same I would have just got smaller but bf would have been the same or close. Diet is more powerful then lifting weights. You can go to the gym and if u don't know how to eat u will look like shit.. If u do know how to eat u can never lift and still look decent

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hell no .. I went crazy with eating shit for the past 4 months.. I'm fat and out of shape .

Lol...just checking as we already talked about it..but that’s not being the “lifestyle” you gotta be mentally into it for it to be lifestyle dear:32 (20):

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The problem with diets is that it's a diet .. You don't wanna be on a diet u want a lifestyle of eating that will give u your goals .

Once I figured this out I had much more success in manipulating my weight and body comp. It took a bunch of experiments. So try whatever pattern of eating you want and figure out what you like and don't. Eventually you will stumble onto what is best for you.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol...just checking as we already talked about it..but that’s not being the “lifestyle” you gotta be mentally into it for it to be lifestyle dear:32 (20):
to get really shredded it has to be a lifestyle not just some diet..I'm as far away from that life right now as I can be

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
to get really shredded it has to be a lifestyle not just some diet..I'm as far away from that life right now as I can be

Well when you’re ready and if you want it bad enough...you’ll get it back!

For me, it’s been lifestyle my whole life so it’s easy for me..at this point 125 lb is my not going past ..been 123 last few days because I cannot allow myself to get to the “125” as it makes no sense to me cuz then if I go past it..I’ll freak out...mental strength makes it stay under control!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I think diet is the most complicated part of what we do.Getting under 10% bf and Being over 200 pounds is fukkin hard .Every meal has to be perfect .cal in cal out Won't cut it

Once I figured this out I had much more success in manipulating my weight and body comp. It took a bunch of experiments. So try whatever pattern of eating you want and figure out what you like and don't. Eventually you will stumble onto what is best for you.

So what you guys are essentially saying is its far more than calories in vs calories out... The equation is essential, but even more essential are the choices we make even beyond our meals... Thats the depth of thought and drive that goes into it... Not to discredit calories in vs calories out, but it is so much more... And it what that looks like differs somewhat from person to person.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So what you guys are essentially saying is its far more than calories in vs calories out... The equation is essential, but even more essential are the choices we make even beyond our meals... Thats the depth of thought and drive that goes into it... Not to discredit calories in vs calories out, but it is so much more... And it what that looks like differs somewhat from person to person.

My opinion...my life....my being around this lifestyle my whole life...being around other folks that have done the same...and it's all folks in fitness...not just folks using gear lol

The only part about the "calories vs calories" that might not be the way to get their ass in shape...is if someone is going to step on a stage or they have medical issues..because honestly training properly is the main frickin part also INCLUDING cardio which a lot of folks hate...tough shit!

FYI, my personal trainer is extremely active on this board...he can see everything I type...so I'm not making shit up when I talk about this....he's also worked excellent with me and seen extreme results as in...I don't fuuuck around...I know he has some opinions different about food but it's not because calorie vs calorie doesn't work....

New Threads