Prolactin

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been on a cycle of Deca (600) / Test (500) / Mast (600) with a Dbol kick-start, for the past two and a half weeks.
This last week, I have been feeling like shit, had puffy nipples, and my libido dropped.

I started taking an AI coz I thought about estrogen although Mast is supposed to keep estrogen in check.
Didn't change anything.

So I had blood test done and my prolactin was through the roof. I suspected it already from Deca but wanted to double-check before playing with my dopamin receptors. I got cabergoline yesterday and started taking 0.5mg twice per week.

How long does it take to drop the level ?
I understand it only stops the production, so how long for the current prolactin levels to drop ?

Thanks

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I can't answer your question but I can tell you that Masteron, while helpful with reducing the impact of aromatization, cannot replace an ai.

Hope you feel better soon.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What was your estrogen at when you did your blood work? Did you test your thyroid?

And when you say your prolactin was through the roof, how high was it?

Last edited:

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
How much dbol you taking? Sometimes dbol hits me hard.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Any chance you did bloods just prior to the cycle too.

Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you guys.
Capture.jpg
My doctor only prescribed Prolactin test, because I said it was a routine check-up following prolactin issues.

I had full hormonal bloodwork done before my cycle. Everything was in range and Prolactin was around 2.
Unfortunately, the lab keeps the results online for a week and I didn't print them.

I will go back to the doctor to get another full bloodwork done if things don't get better with the caber, everything is free here.
I'd like to avoid showing that I'm on cycle to that doctor who gives me everything I need all the time (like the caber here). Although he asks me everytime if I take "any drugs for sport". ^^"

I take 50mg of Dbol ED intramuscular (not oral liquid, actual injectable).

Thanks

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet if your prolactin is high your E2 is damn high. Dbol can sky rocket E2 injectable or not. Mast in no way keep E2 in check while on Dbol. I'd recommend checking the E2 & getting that under control.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get your E2 under control.

As said, mast isnt a replacement for an AI. Start whatever ai you like at a good dose for 10 days and then drop it down to normal cycle doses. Keep on doing bloods to see where your at.

Reaction score
Looking at the mirror and having to flex to see abs (usually I have abs all the time), I bet you are right.

I have Anastrazole on hand in 1mg pills.
Twice 1mg per week and than drop to 2 times 0.5?

I don't want to go again to the doctor to tell him I lied to his face unless it's really the only option...i would like to try the AI first.

I bet I have kilos of water weight, I can't check my weight but I bet I am way above my usual 220 lbs.

Should I take Nova too until my estrogen drop?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'd follow the advice above, but I also suggest you don't panic. The range for prolactin for the lab I use is 4.0 to 15.2 ng/ml. So although you're high, I wouldn't say you're through the roof. Sounds like you've already started the caber, which will reduce your prolactin, but like the others stated you'll want to get your sh*t under control so you don't need to use a dopamine agonist going forward.

If it was me, I'd get a full hormone panel done to identify the underlying cause and use that info to dial in my estrogen and avoid swinging it too far the other way.

By the way, throat punch whoever told you that mast is a substitute for an AI.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
make sure prolactin is down BEFORE you crash your e2.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just putting this out there since there has been a few posts about prolactin this month.

For an extra $33 over the Female Hormone Panel cost,you can get a panel that includes the Female Hormone Panel plus prolactin at Priviatemdlabs (it would be an additional $47 if you added it a la carte) Discount codes can still be applied.

https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_t...s&show=2570&category=14&search=prolactin#2570