Thoughts on training plan

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Food is getting better, not exactly what you would call "on point" but its tons better than it used to be, both types of food and the quantity.
And as far as the reps, ehh no im not doing 100 reps per exercise, on the higher volume days i do a lot of reps but not in the 100 range since they got worked earlier in the week.

Ill give an example of say chest, on a heavy day ill start with flat bench with barbell, quick warm up set, then ill go to 185 for 10 reps, then 225 for another 8, 245 for about 6, 260 for 3-4 and this week i ended at 275 for 2. After that ill do incline dumbell with about the same set/rep scheme, and then do 2 drop sets of cable fly.

On the lighter day ill do dumbell flat and incline using lighter weights, up to maybe 60-70 pound dumbells, and ill do 3-4 sets for 12-15 reps each set. and then ill do a decline machine and do a drop set with it. The only reason im using the machine is because the decline bench the gym has is for shit and they only have the one.

Glad you get the food thing, you’ll get it under control if you really want it:)

As for the way you train..as far as I am ...I don’t see that as to much where you’re going to extremely tire your body out..I can do that shit at 50 and not on a “cycle” but I’m a hardass worker lol

Everyone's mind and body is different so it’s very hard to tell peeps what to do or don’t do...keep doing what you can but changing things up after a while is necessary if you are looking for differences in your body....just the way it is and it’s great changing things up so you won’t get bored!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Are you meal prepping?

No, and i know that it helps out...but no i dont meal prep. I do for the weekends somewhat so im not eating crap while at work. But as far as during the week i usually just make my stuff when im going to eat.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Glad you get the food thing, you’ll get it under control if you really want it:)

As for the way you train..as far as I am ...I don’t see that as to much where you’re going to extremely tire your body out..I can do that shit at 50 and not on a “cycle” but I’m a hardass worker lol

Everyone's mind and body is different so it’s very hard to tell peeps what to do or don’t do...keep doing what you can but changing things up after a while is necessary if you are looking for differences in your body....just the way it is and it’s great changing things up so you won’t get bored!

I dont have any issues with recovery or loss of intensity while working out doing it the way i have been. I like the hard work and i like the frequency of the 5 days. The arm day is pretty much the rest day, its light, still a good workout but its more a volume workout than anything. The last 2 days of the week are, like i said, more volume oriented, and then both saturday and sunday there is no lifting at all.
And i change things here and there every so often to keep things fresh and not boring, but the big lifts (bench, ohp, squat, dead lift) i always keep in the workout.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont have any issues with recovery or loss of intensity while working out doing it the way i have been. I like the hard work and i like the frequency of the 5 days. The arm day is pretty much the rest day, its light, still a good workout but its more a volume workout than anything. The last 2 days of the week are, like i said, more volume oriented, and then both saturday and sunday there is no lifting at all.
And i change things here and there every so often to keep things fresh and not boring, but the big lifts (bench, ohp, squat, dead lift) i always keep in the workout.

lol..carry on..if you want changes you know what to do:32 (17):

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
lol..carry on..if you want changes you know what to do:32 (17):

lol not saying i wouldnt be up to changing things, there are sooo many freaking programs out there that its seizure inducing at times. I went with this cause it was simple to do, but im all for changing things around to get better results.
I will tell you i do like to lift heavy, i like pushing myself to get better and better and try to out do myself as much as i can.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol not saying i wouldnt be up to changing things, there are sooo many freaking programs out there that its seizure inducing at times. I went with this cause it was simple to do, but im all for changing things around to get better results.
I will tell you i do like to lift heavy, i like pushing myself to get better and better and try to out do myself as much as i can.

Trust me..I went through all the tripping out over years..once you get to a certain age and or stage..you’ll calm down and know what to do..it’s natural and all good:32 (20):

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Trust me..I went through all the tripping out over years..once you get to a certain age and or stage..you’ll calm down and know what to do..it’s natural and all good:32 (20):

Yeah, all the time i spent in the gym before was just pretty much to get stronger , be it for football or when i was in the army to help stay in shape.
This is the first time im actually there to change the way i look/feel.
Probably should have been working on that from the get go but when youre younger you dont always think of that crap i guess lol

New Threads