Krill oil - brand recommendation?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
So I’ve become a fan of Carlson’s fish oil after seeing everyone posting about it and learning the hard way that other things don’t compare.

I’d like to start using some Krill oil as well. (After researching anti-inflammation) Is there a go-to brand for Krill oil like Carlson’s is for fish oil?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
X2 - this.

Thanks guys. I’ll start with this.

After seeing that my 1200mg fish oil pills only had 300mg of Omega 3s... expensive becomes a relative thing. I’d rather just do these things right and pinch pennies somewhere else.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take the Mega Red Ultra Strength 1000mg, a bottle of 60 is around $30, I take 4 a day

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I take the Mega Red Ultra Strength 1000mg, a bottle of 60 is around $30, I take 4 a day

I just bought the “extra strength 500mg”. Bottle of 40 was $20. I’ll look around for the 1000mg next time.

I’m on Jin’s high fish oil plan but I’m going to start mixing in some of this as well. I want to get rid of the BP meds.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jin is also good at giving out make-up tips, he picked a plum colored lipstick for me just last week....

I just bought the “extra strength 500mg”. Bottle of 40 was $20. I’ll look around for the 1000mg next time.

I’m on Jin’s high fish oil plan but I’m going to start mixing in some of this as well. I want to get rid of the BP meds.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Jin is also good at giving out make-up tips, he picked a plum colored lipstick for me just last week....

love that color on the base of my cock after you're done!

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
fish oil vs Krill oil which is better ?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
fish oil vs Krill oil which is better ?

Theres a few good stickies on here. 99% the same benefits but Krill is being linked with some anti-inflammation stuff. For the price Carlson’s seems to be the best way to go.

I’m adding 1g of krill to my daily Fish oil. Haven’t been takin much of anything else lately.

I should note that I have high BP, low HDL/ high LDL and a crappy CRP value so I’m starting to take the heart health stuff seriously.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Usually the smelliest one if the best .. the shit that makes u burp

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

lol.no! if it makes you burp fish breath, it's most likely rancid. there are some issues with fish oils going rancid. always make sure you buy a brand that's been proven reputable.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Theres a few good stickies on here. 99% the same benefits but Krill is being linked with some anti-inflammation stuff. For the price Carlson’s seems to be the best way to go.

I’m adding 1g of krill to my daily Fish oil. Haven’t been takin much of anything else lately.

I should note that I have high BP, low HDL/ high LDL and a crappy CRP value so I’m starting to take the heart health stuff seriously.

fish oils supps aren't the only way to get your omega 3s. One serving of black chia seeds will give you almost 3 grams of omega 3s. I put it on my oatmeal, greek yogurt, salads, protein shakes.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Vid has no time to grow a Chia Pet to eat the sprouts....

fish oils supps aren't the only way to get your omega 3s. One serving of black chia seeds will give you almost 3 grams of omega 3s. I put it on my oatmeal, greek yogurt, salads, protein shakes.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Excellent for folks that need it for sure!!

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol.no! if it makes you burp fish breath, it's most likely rancid. there are some issues with fish oils going rancid. always make sure you buy a brand that's been proven reputable.

I ate out a stripper back in the day.

I burped out fish breath.... my apartment smelled like a clam bake for months

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

I tell you what, I used to use Carslon and got nasty fish burps and heartburn... Now, I switched to Kirkland brand which has a 5-star consumer rating (and only $9.95 for 400) and take 12 grams a day with no issues. Bp has lowered quite noticeably. Thanks Jin (even tho I thought you were crazy). My joints seem to be happier as well.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I tell you what, I used to use Carslon and got nasty fish burps and heartburn... Now, I switched to Kirkland brand which has a 5-star consumer rating (and only $9.95 for 400) and take 12 grams a day with no issues. Bp has lowered quite noticeably. Thanks Jin (even tho I thought you were crazy). My joints seem to be happier as well.

Kirkland has a exceptional reputation for some of their products. their extra virgin olive oil is also one of the purest on the market.

Last edited: