Elivo's getting rid of the gut log.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Oh and if you want some real motivation... go look at the members photo thread and search for Bigdog. He’s by far the most inspirational transformation I’ve seen. That guy did some straight up hard work.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So first week with my new focus is done. Hit arms/abds today. 3rd session of hiit after. Diet has been in check all week and got some food already preped for the weekend of work ahead.

So this week i did more of a bb split with one group a day. Ill be doing some reading over the weekend, im sure that there is probably a much better split i can be doing for fat burning.

But all in all i think good week, got all my lifting days in and more importantly got all the cardio sessions i had planned in as well.

Thanks everyone for your continued support and encouragement!! I was hesitant to start this log at first, but now i can see that it will be a big help in accomplishing my goals!!!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Now i start the real challenge of this thing lol, 12 hours over night at work for the next 3 days. If i can keep away from the junk this weekend i think ill be good to go.
I usually have a lot of down time so i can be in the chat and just have PFM verbally abuse me if i get any cravings

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Made it through the night!!!! No junk food.
Had couple hard boiled eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast this morning and just downed 2 pieces of salmon. Got chicken, onion and green pepper ready to go for tonight.
Think I may be getting he hang of this crap.

Should have a new workout ready to go this week with some much appreciated help from POB!!!
stay tuned, shits going to get interesting!!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Made it through the night!!!! No junk food.
Had couple hard boiled eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast this morning and just downed 2 pieces of salmon. Got chicken, onion and green pepper ready to go for tonight.
Think I may be getting he hang of this crap.

Should have a new workout ready to go this week with some much appreciated help from POB!!!
stay tuned, shits going to get interesting!!

Did you log this in MyFitnessPal?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Did you log this in MyFitnessPal?

No, i havent been using it, and yeah i know it would help a lot but i just never was good at the whole counting calories thing. I should probably start but im fairly sure going by what im eating and how much im eating that im a good bit below my maint calories.

Now, as far as the rest of this log goes, im going to keep updating this one but i will be starting a new one come monday. After a few conversations with POB, i will be starting Shieko come monday. Ive looked it over and i looked at an old log on here and in all honesty i think i may be a tad on the crazy side for wanting to do this program, but im going to give it a go.

Ill leave this one as far as overall progress as far as getting rid of the extra unwanted BF and use the other for strictly for the Shieko program stuff.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
No, i havent been using it, and yeah i know it would help a lot but i just never was good at the whole counting calories thing. I should probably start but im fairly sure going by what im eating and how much im eating that im a good bit below my maint calories.

"Everybody wanna lose they gut, but ain't no body wanna track they calories."

This is a critical error.

Why put all the effort into the hard stuff just to ignore simple, easy stuff that may affect your progress more than the workouts?

You don't have to be "good" at counting calories: there's an app for that.

Please reconsider.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
"Everybody wanna lose they gut, but ain't no body wanna track they calories."

This is a critical error. Why put all the effort into the hard stuff just to ignore simple, easy stuff that may affect your progress more than the workouts?

Please reconsider.

I know, like i said i know i should be tracking them ,and im going to start. I didnt care for the myfitness app, does anyone have one they would recommend??

Reactions: Jin

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I know, like i said i know i should be tracking them ,and im going to start. I didnt care for the myfitness app, does anyone have one they would recommend??

It’s by far the best one out there.

You have two choices:

- Meal prep every single meal and snack. (I eventually switched to this)

No matter how well you eyeball things your body and mind will screw you. Any deficit will be erased by an extra few ounces of milk or a few more scoops of rice. Your body knows how to get what it needs. You have to trick that sum-of-a-bi$ch into excepting a deficit.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Actually turns out the fit bit i got for last Christmas has a really nice food/calorie tracker. Shows calories in and out for the day based on your activity. Not sure how accurate the calories out part is, guessing it’s based on things like steps and heart rate but I like it more than the fitness pal thing.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Actually turns out the fit bit i got for last Christmas has a really nice food/calorie tracker. Shows calories in and out for the day based on your activity. Not sure how accurate the calories out part is, guessing it’s based on things like steps and heart rate but I like it more than the fitness pal thing.

I think Mr.RippedZilla (?) has a thread that shows those things are pretty inaccurate. He is always watching, always reading. So, I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but: tracking your calories and adjusting for activity level on MFP is probably a superior method

suck it up and do it:)

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Your doing well brother listen to the advice your given on this thread and dig deep you will see changes

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score

Personally, I never tracked my calories out. You log food against a conservative TDEE calculation. (See stickies) As long as you’re conservative on your activity level while doing the calculation, you’ll always hit your TDEE and any extra activity will be a bonus deficit. In my experience, it’s hard to workout or cardio enough to really overdo the deficit but use some common sense there. Don’t put zero activity with a 1k daily calorie deficit then go run 5 marathons a week.

Since you have all of us following along, post your TDEE and input stats. Also download HappyScale if you have an iPhone.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
The TDEE thing fluctuates so much from one scale that ive used to the next its head spinning. Also do i take into account that im in the gym 5 days a week and walk at least 2 miles a night while at work? Damn youd think with that much activity i should be lean as hell, amazing what a long term shitty diet will do to ya.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The TDEE thing fluctuates so much from one scale that ive used to the next its head spinning. Also do i take into account that im in the gym 5 days a week and walk at least 2 miles a night while at work? Damn youd think with that much activity i should be lean as hell, amazing what a long term shitty diet will do to ya.

Yep, unfortunately it’s about how everyone’s body is different and how it handles things but YES...the way we EAT and EXERCISE makes the final answer!

Folks can do cycles and of course it depends on goal...if someone just wants the “strength” then they are ok with being out of shape and unhealthy...there are tons that don’t give a shit and hey...that’s them and to each their own BUT I’d never think that way and that’s why I say what I say.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I have the same mindset now Jenn, I want stronger, don’t get me wrong, but I also want to LOOK strong AND fit.

Ill get there, have come a good way already, and with everyone’s encouragement and help on here I’ll get the rest of the way.

i know it takes time and I know it takes hard work, I also know that sometimes my comments come off sounding like I expect it to happen in a matter of a couple weeks, I don’t. It’s the excitement of a change in life style I think that is doing it. I’m so anxious to see the results, the waiting to get there is honestly harder than the diet and workouts combined!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have the same mindset now Jenn, I want stronger, don’t get me wrong, but I also want to LOOK strong AND fit.

Ill get there, have come a good way already, and with everyone’s encouragement and help on here I’ll get the rest of the way.

i know it takes time and I know it takes hard work, I also know that sometimes my comments come off sounding like I expect it to happen in a matter of a couple weeks, I don’t. It’s the excitement of a change in life style I think that is doing it. I’m so anxious to see the results, the waiting to get there is honestly harder than the diet and workouts combined!

Yep..just don’t worry about getting to the end..stick to it and it will come..do it right and it will last a long time or forever...:32 (17)::32 (20):

New Threads