Elivo's getting rid of the gut log.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Ok, against my better senses, i am going to go ahead and give this a try. Not sure how diligent ill be with updates but i will try to keep progress up to date as much as i can.

So as just an idea at my starting point, currently sitting at 233 pounds, 5'8(ish)

Dont have any real idea on BF% but ill put up a pic as soon as i figure out how to do it lol.

Will be in a caloric deficit but not starving myself by any means. Going to eat as clean as i possibly can, and this weekend i have done really good with what ive eaten esp since ive been at work 12 hours a night friday sat and sun.

Going to still do 5 lifting days Mon-Fri, with cardio every other day. And then every friday-sunday night will have at least 2-3 miles worth of walking with it, a lot of that going up and down stairs (8 floors worth)

Thinking im going with a 5 day split, with a more moderate weight and higher reps, with shorter rests between sets. The big lifts like bench, squat and dead lift i still plan to go pretty heavy on.

If anyone has suggestions please throw them out there. My "goal" is to try to get down to about 200 pounds even.

Only thing im taking is test c at 100mg/week as TRT, and doing the EC stack 3 times a day, one of them as pre workout.

I want to try to preserver as much of the muscle and strength gains ive made in the past 8 or so months but i also know that a less fat muscle looks better and bigger than a fat covered muscle!!

Just as a disclaimer, i have NEVER done a public log like this before in my life, but i also know in the time that ive been on this forum that the members here will not pull punches and will hold you accountable....and that very well may be just what i need!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just the act of stating yer goals publicly will help ye to stick to them.

On the diet, am assuming you've figured yer TDEE and backed into a mild deficit (think 10-15%) and are tracking yer food intake via an app like MyFitnessPal? Same principle - logging what you eat will help ye to hold yerself accountable for what ye stuff into yer gullet each day and will make ye think twice about cheating.

On the EC stack 3x daily, have ye run EC prior? If so, then just be mindful of the sides. If not, then consider running it only once per day for now until ye see how ye react to it.

Good on ye for taking the first step!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Yes have run EC a few times before in the past.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Lets go dude!!! youre on the hook now...looking forward to your progress.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to following.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Well got done working 12 hour shift over night, had to chose between gym or sleep for a bit, i went with the gym

Of course it was chest today, maybe one of the more brutal chest workouts ive done, tried to keep the between set rest to about 1 min. Few times i had to take like a min 30 but all in all kept it pretty short, heart was going pretty good the entire work out.

Flat bench bar bell press pyramid for 7 total sets , only went up to 250 today.
triple dumbell presses (this is bench at high incline to failure, quick adjustment to low incline to failure and another quick adjustment to flat to failure with the same weight. Repeat x2 and added 5 pounds each time)
low cable flys x 4 sets
decline hammer strength plate loaded machine, did 55 in 3. (try to get 55 total reps in only 3 sets, ill have to go up in weight next time, got it easy)
Finished it off with the pec dec, 15 rep drop sets times 2 sets.

Then to the arc trainer for 25 mins of hiit.

Chest had a hell of a pump and im sure it will be hurting like a son of a bitch tomorrow!!

Going to go crawl in a hole now...

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the weight loss...

Make sure u never use the term "macros"

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Just as a disclaimer, i have NEVER done a public log like this before in my life, but i also know in the time that ive been on this forum that the members here will not pull punches and will hold you accountable....and that very well may be just what i need!

You only have one person who you need to feel accountable to. Now lock and load.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Well hit my back today, dead lifts, wide grip pull down, close grip pull down, dumbell rows , high hammer str plate loaded rows. Lots of sets and lots of reps with more moderate weight, freaking beat......

the short rest periods make it feel like a damn hour long heavy cardio session, and i suppose thats good for what im shooting for but holy shit.

Tomorrow is leg day, and im seeing a flaw in my cardio every other day plan, if i do legs with the same intensity that ive been doing everything else, there is no way my ass is going to be able to get on a treadmill or anything else for that matter.
Ill have a hard enough time getting to the car to go home!!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I am going to get a pic up here eventually, bit hesitant about it, ive never been a huge fan of having my pic taken, and its even more pronounced given the shape im in right now lol.

But it will make it possible for comparison and im of the opinion that you get a better idea if others are able to compare as well instead of just yourself. Im sure im not the only one that looks in the mirror at times and only sees what needs fixed and not what has already gotten better.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am going to get a pic up here eventually, bit hesitant about it, ive never been a huge fan of having my pic taken, and its even more pronounced given the shape im in right now lol.

But it will make it possible for comparison and im of the opinion that you get a better idea if others are able to compare as well instead of just yourself. Im sure im not the only one that looks in the mirror at times and only sees what needs fixed and not what has already gotten better.

Just think of the pictures as another training tool. They help you see where you are and where you need to go. I've said this before, but I take a pic every week with the same pose, in the same location, with the same lighting. It helps evaluate if what you're doing is working and allows you to see how different variables affect your appearance. I have a pic of myself from just about every week going back the last two years and I can pin point, with the help of a journal I keep, where my diet was off, where I was holding water, and what the impacts of various supplements were.

It's another tool. You'd be cheating yourself to pass it up.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
IMG_1225.jpg

Not sure why its turned on it side but thats me as of 2 or 3 days ago.
Im not happy with where im at at all, but thats what im in the process of getting fixed.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
View attachment 5856

Im not happy with where im at at all, but thats what im in the process of getting fixed.
Psssht......you've got this man. Snake, give him your line about hard work and dedication.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test up, E2 managed and run a little on the low side of lean eating for a solid year. Think the end game. Think in years.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
View attachment 5856

It’s the dissatisfaction with the current that leads to the future. Now get out your chisel and get to work. We’re eager to see your final product.

Last edited:

New Threads