Elivo's getting rid of the gut log.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Keep up the good work. This is a long term situation, so managed expectations, diligence, and patience will be your friends.

I always found that it was helpful to have some BCAAs or a small carb free protein shake (~15-20g) immediately after fasted cardio. This would take the edge off of the hunger and prevent excessive re-feeding throughout the day.

Thanks for the tip, today i just ate lunch when i got back. but i have some low carb protein at the house.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Myfitness pal is a great tool. I'd recommend only stepping on the scale 1x/week. Your weight can bounce 1-2lbs on a daily basis. I find doing only 1x/week weigh ins helps keep the disappointment at bay.

I did it like every day or every other day at the start, and yeah i would see it go up and down by a couple pounds and it was driving me nuts. My plan was just going once a week, im not so concerned as to what i average, just the end result, if the number is going in the right direction at the end of the week then thats good for me.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I weigh myself everyday and then calculate the weekly average ( but I'm a nerd like that)

I weighed everyday during my big weight loss phase. I think it comes down to your personality.

I was on a spongy diet so it was fairly steady from day to day. You’re going to have water fluctuations etc so as long as the changes were in line with my activity or diet variances you make a mental note and move on. It was all simply checkposts along a planned route.

If you’re someone whose going to panic and fly off the rails I’d measure less often. Though you could measure on a high day and still fly off the rails. If you’re doing a IIFYM diet you’ll have wilder daily swings. Be prepared.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I weighed everyday during my big weight loss phase. I think it comes down to your personality.

I was on a spongy diet so it was fairly steady from day to day. You’re going to have water fluctuations etc so as long as the changes were in line with my activity or diet variances you make a mental note and move on. It was all simply checkposts along a planned route.

If you’re someone whose going to panic and fly off the rails I’d measure less often. Though you could measure on a high day and still fly off the rails. If you’re doing a IIFYM diet you’ll have wilder daily swings. Be prepared.

I will probably go with a weekly weight, maybe at the most twice a week, i know that it fluctuates and that is normal, but it still drives me nuts seeing it go from one number up to a higher one, knowing full well it wont stay there, but still....aggravating.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So we are at another weekend, probably my weakest time of the week, everyone wants to bring in snacks and cakes and junk food and order pizza and shit. I made it through last weekend without any set backs, heres to doing it again this weekend.
3 12 hour nights is a long time to be tempted but ive done it before, i can do it again.
Will probably check weight on monday or tuesday this coming week and see if anything has changed.
Still going strong with the calories myfittnesspal is recommending, not feeling hungry, and if anything i could stand to be eating more than i have been, i keep coming in under the daily amount it has set up.

Along with the new lifting program that started this week, i managed to get in two good cardio days, 25 mins of hiit followed by a 1 mile run at a steady pace.
Im not sure how much longer the Sheiko program will leave me enough energy on off days to do that so i figured id get it in while i can.
Will get about 2-3 walking miles in each of the these next 3 nights as well, most of that up and down stairs.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
You might consider just doing a long walk after Sheiko. There’s also a lot to the whole “active recovery” thing. Make it easy and enjoyable instead of skipping it.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
You might consider just doing a long walk after Sheiko. There’s also a lot to the whole “active recovery” thing. Make it easy and enjoyable instead of skipping it.

I had no intention of the off days being a do nothing day, I’ll get something in, will just have to see how I feel and decide then what it will be. But I’ll do something for sure!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So im doing some debating, im thinking about maybe going keto for a few weeks to see how it works. Ive tried low carb in the past but never really made it past the feeling like crap stage before i bailed on it so i never really saw much in the way of weight/fat loss.
Ill be doing some more reading on it, right now im not so sure i want to try it.
Been doing well with the lower cals and eating clean, but im tempted to give keto a try and see what happens.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Lots of people love it but my 2 cents is to keep things simple and maintainable.

If you try to much based on your current excitement, you’ll eventually burn out and slip up.

Just get in a groove and stick to it. Less cals then TDEE, more moving then zero. Rinse and repeat until the scale hits the number you want. (Then it gets harder at that point)

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, the both of you! I’ll ride this out some more, as long as thing keep moving in the direction I want that’s progress

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Well things still moving my way on the scale, got home from work, took a nap, unloaded everything in the bathroom once i woke up and hopped on the scale, down from 227 a week ago to 226 today.

Have a slight suspicion that things may be a little backed up in there though, something i may have to address soon.

Off to the gym here in a few for day 1 of week two of sheiko, so we will see how that goes

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well things still moving my way on the scale, got home from work, took a nap, unloaded everything in the bathroom once i woke up and hopped on the scale, down from 227 a week ago to 226 today.

Have a slight suspicion that things may be a little backed up in there though, something i may have to address soon.

Off to the gym here in a few for day 1 of week two of sheiko, so we will see how that goes

Keep in mind we hold water from even TRT..I’ve been able to eat different food since I went off TRT and stay between 123-125 with no exercise.

Now, when I was on TRT...I was still able to lose 16 lbs easy BUT food was way different and way less than normal because I had a goal.

Once weight was lost, just had to be careful because of the TRT...

Just the way it is:)

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So another week down, had a coupe "setbacks" this week with diet, couple days ate stuff i knew i shouldnt, a meal here and there, not a days worth. Still feel i did pretty good this week all things considered. Started the week at 225, will see what im at after the weekend. Got my food ready for work already to go.

Looked at myself in the mirror the other day and while i see areas that have for sure improved, i still see so much more to go, very aware that its a long process but at times would be really nice if it hurried the hell on up LOL.

Training has been going well, logging the Sheiko stuff on the days i lift with it. have still managed to get in cardio on the off lifting days, but not nearly as much as before, there just isnt enough left in the tank after the lifting days to really go balls out with the cardio, but keeping the off days active as much as i can.

My work week starts tonight, so will get a lot of walking in.

At a month from when this log started i will post up another pic. And we will see how much if any difference there is from the first one.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All I’m going to say is stop freaking on the work it takes to lose fat...that’s the biggest part for some and you can’t do everything at once....it’s the rest of your life if you want it that way so relax and enjoy life:)

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
So we are at another weekend, probably my weakest time of the week, everyone wants to bring in snacks and cakes and junk food and order pizza and shit. I made it through last weekend without any set backs, heres to doing it again this weekend.
3 12 hour nights is a long time to be tempted but ive done it before, i can do it again.
Will probably check weight on monday or tuesday this coming week and see if anything has changed.
Still going strong with the calories myfittnesspal is recommending, not feeling hungry, and if anything i could stand to be eating more than i have been, i keep coming in under the daily amount it has set up.

Along with the new lifting program that started this week, i managed to get in two good cardio days, 25 mins of hiit followed by a 1 mile run at a steady pace.
Im not sure how much longer the Sheiko program will leave me enough energy on off days to do that so i figured id get it in while i can.
Will get about 2-3 walking miles in each of the these next 3 nights as well, most of that up and down stairs.

3 12's ain't shit I worked a 30 day shut down of 12-14 hr shifts in December had 2 days off. Everyday management bought pizza fried chicken and doughnuts. Temptation is a part of daily life. If the weekend is your weak point. Do your cheat meal then.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Why is there 2 logs?

One is only for the Sheiko program and will stop when it does.

And the 3 12s is plenty for me, if it wasn’t nights it would t be so bad but not much I can do about that. The temptation on the weekends has improved a ton also, haven’t had any issues the last few with the crap that people bring in.

New Threads