Elivo's getting rid of the gut log.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So the Sheiko program is done, ill be moving on to a PPL routine for the the next good bit. Also will be upping the cardio to 4x week as well. I kept it up with sheiko but was only able to get in 2 days. Just wasnt possible to do it on the lifting days.

My goal was to hit 200 (or less even) by november, ill try like hell to shoot for sooner than that but like has been said many many times, its a long process. Got about 20ish pounds to go to hit my goal of 200. Ill be upping the frequency from 3 days lifting with sheiko to 5-6 days a week doing PPL.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
You should be losing 10lbs per month comfortably. You,be shown the dedication, if you aren’t at that rate then adjust something. If you’re over it, I’d suggest slowing down and staying at the 2lbs per week.

Reasons I suggest a slower gradual approach:
You won’t feel like crap
You’ll keep the muscle easier
By far the biggest one - You’ll force the adoption of a “Jen lifestyle”

good luck as usual.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
You should be losing 10lbs per month comfortably. You,be shown the dedication, if you aren’t at that rate then adjust something. If you’re over it, I’d suggest slowing down and staying at the 2lbs per week.

Reasons I suggest a slower gradual approach:
You won’t feel like crap
You’ll keep the muscle easier
By far the biggest one - You’ll force the adoption of a “Jen lifestyle”

good luck as usual.

Id be ok with 10 a month, i only just started tracking it close in the last month so i couldnt tell you what i was losing how fast prior to that.
So far i havent had any issues feeling like crap other than the one time i tried doing a day of that program after not eating for many many hours.

Jenn scares me LOL!! (kidding Jenn, you kick ass)

But i am all for keeping as much muscle as i can.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So after a week of pretty much shit eating while on vacation, no training at all unless you count the 3 levels of steps in the house i rented and pissing around in the water, going to have to kick my own ass at the gym the next little while to make up for things and get shit back on track. I have a feeling today is going to just about kill me.

But it has to be done have a goal to reach!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So this week is going to be a ****ing wash!! cant get through 2 exercises without coughing my damn lungs out and feeling weak and shaky as hell. went to the gym today managed to get through my deadlifts and moved into rows when i thought i was going to collapse.

Piss on being sick, this shit needs to go away fast so i can get back to busting ass

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
So this week is going to be a ****ing wash!! cant get through 2 exercises without coughing my damn lungs out and feeling weak and shaky as hell. went to the gym today managed to get through my deadlifts and moved into rows when i thought i was going to collapse.

Piss on being sick, this shit needs to go away fast so i can get back to busting ass

I was sick a lot during the peak of my weight loss. Tried glutamine and vitamin C and it had a nice placebo effect. I think it’s just part of pushing so hard. Dial it back and wait for it to clear. I’m sure you’ll be sick again within the next month!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you showed up to my gym looking like you had pneumonic plague I would set you on fire.

Go home and get well.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I was sick a lot during the peak of my weight loss. Tried glutamine and vitamin C and it had a nice placebo effect. I think it’s just part of pushing so hard. Dial it back and wait for it to clear. I’m sure you’ll be sick again within the next month!

No, this actually started while on vacation. Don’t think it has anything to do with pushing anything too hard.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
If you showed up to my gym looking like you had pneumonic plague I would set you on fire.

Go home and get well.

I did, left after I did deadlifts, knew it was going to be a bad idea when 335 was feeling like 500 and I had a small coughing fit between sets

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So have had 2 straight days with no gym, starting to get a bit on the pissed side of things. Cough will not go away and im really feeling sloth like after being out for a week and not being able to do much at all this week. Will see how i feel tomorrow and if better will go do a full body workout just to get some more in for the week.

This shit sucks

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
managed to make it hitting each big muscle group once today but didnt have any energy left to go through a second time. Better than nothing i guess...

on a plus side it looks like all the weight put on during vacation was mostly water, that or being sick has ate away at me too, back down to 224 this morning. Thats 1 pound over the lowest ive been since starting this journey, so feeling a bit better about that. Just trying not to think of where i could be right now without all the crap food and pretty much 2 weeks off of the gym. Hoping everything works it way out of me over the weekend and i can get back monday like normal.

But when i couldnt move the 32 pound cable for flys i said piss on it, just have no energy still. this crap needs to go away

Last edited:

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got back in the gym. I don’t know about you, but I find that time away is just as bad for me psychologically as it is physically

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got back in the gym. I don’t know about you, but I find that time away is just as bad for me psychologically as it is physically

Hell yes it has been, i just keeps bouncing around in my head, go to the gym go to the gym, i feel like shit and sloth like when im not there. Its bad enough having the weekends gym free but to then have my time during the week interrupted for this crap ugh.

ESP with my weight staying pretty much at the same spot for 2-3 weeks now, i cant get it out of my head how much more i could have off if i didnt this or that!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
ESP with my weight staying pretty much at the same spot for 2-3 weeks now, i cant get it out of my head how much more i could have off if i didnt this or that!

Thats all diet, not gym time :32 (17):

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Just being a naggin’ pain in the a$$. You’ll drop the pounds just to shut me up soon!
yeah but its a good way of being a nagging pain in the ass LOL. Youve been a big help along with everyone else here Vid, not something that i forget bro

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Feeling a shit ton better today, hoping that the sick bullshit is behind me now and can get back to the gym full tilt.