Thanks

While Dieting to loose weight, Is it ok to play with calories on certain days?

For example
    On a hard Training Push or Pull day in the gym, I was thinking about consuming - 2700 calories since it would be a intense training session and I need the calories/energy.
    On my off day maybe eat between 2000-2400 calories since I'm sitting all day ( I Work online at home sitting 12-16 hours on the computer,Outside of the gym I'm extremely inactive due to a desk job)

Monday-Heavy Push day-2700 Calories
    Tuesday-Moderate weight Pull Day- 2500 calories
    Off Day- Between 2000-2400 calories
    Moderate Weight Push day-2400 Calories
    Heavy Pull day-2700 calories
    Off day-2000-2400 calories
    REPEAT

I weight 270 pounds, 36% Bodyfat at 5,8 feet tall so a weightloss calculator I've used in the past that worked well recommended to eat (2700) Calories to loose weight. My goal is to maintain as much muscle as possible that ive gained over 11 years of weightlifting and to reach 10-12% Bodyfat to see what muscle I put on. So Im not going to do any extreme diets like KETO,Low carb or cutting -1000 calories. If you all think this is too intense or isn't a good idea then lemme know. I would appreciate any advice/tips thank you!
    Last edited by Haggle1; 06-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 688 Posts
    As long as you're capable of adhering to your plan, and don't mind the extra tracking that calorie cycling demands, it's fine.

Try not to get too caught up in the minutiae. At 36%bf muscle loss really is a non-issue; you have plenty of fat laying around so that your body won't even think about burning muscle anytime soon. Just trust the process and do the work
    If you can't win, be spectacular.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (06-08-2018),Haggle1 (06-08-2018),NbleSavage (06-09-2018),PillarofBalance (06-08-2018),Viduus (06-09-2018)

Thanks
    Im sort of in your boat, about the same height but im down to 229 now. I personally go with a calorie deficit regardless of what ive done that day. Cardio 3 times a day but i am thinking of bumping that up to 5 per the advice of BB.
    I started at 260 something about 7-8 months ago, my diet has been my biggest issue thus far, but ive started a log and got others on here involved in it so im really kicking it into gear from now on.
    Best of luck to you man, keep up the hard work and dedication and you can do it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elivo For This Useful Post:

Haggle1 (06-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 2,406 Posts
    Yepper can be done....just gotta be strict as fuuuck with everything
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jennerrator For This Useful Post:

Haggle1 (06-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks all. Ive done worse in the past LOL, Ive tried keto and like 1600-1800 calorie diets when I was 240-250 pounds and payed big time lol with Strength/muscle loss but I was still able to handle it. I learned my lesson so im not gona go as hard this time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elivo View Post
    Im sort of in your boat, about the same height but im down to 229 now. I personally go with a calorie deficit regardless of what ive done that day. Cardio 3 times a day but i am thinking of bumping that up to 5 per the advice of BB.
    I started at 260 something about 7-8 months ago, my diet has been my biggest issue thus far, but ive started a log and got others on here involved in it so im really kicking it into gear from now on.
    Best of luck to you man, keep up the hard work and dedication and you can do it.
    Nice job so far mate. In 2011 I was on worse medication and gained a-lot of weight , went from 210 to 291 pounds in 4-5 months until I had to yell at the doctor lol. I bought a Marcy Pro Bench press so I could do all compound movements and dumbells. I just did that and ate 3-4 meals a day, just basically meat,vegtables,and a fist size of carbs. I did walking and running for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week and went from 291-back down to 215 in 5-6 months and gained almost 200-300 pounds on most compound movements and had a completely different body. You can do it mate, check out on youtube "Weightloss advice for a subscriber" Hodgetwins. I followed that diet advice and it worked great. I cant do that anymore since its much harder since im more advanced and my training and diet is more complex to keep up with gym performance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 587 Posts
    You can. Itís just important to have a deficit on average. Donít over complicate it, though. It would be hard, if not impossible, to estimate how many extra calories you are burning in your active days and therefore how much more to eat. Keep things simple. Dieting doesnít have to be complicated. In fact, the most effective diets are simple; eat less, move more.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

Haggle1 (06-09-2018),NbleSavage (06-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elivo View Post
    Do you do the whole “pee in a bottle” trick so you don’t have to get off the treadmill? 3-5 times a day is some serious dedication, even for BB!
    ďThe only natural test-boosters I know of that work are compound lifting, steaks, and looking at boobies...Ē -Dan

Thanks
    You should check out intermittent fasting or time restricted eating, it’s great for weight loss because you have time restricted eating to get in your cals which will detour you from overeating as long as you have the discipline to stick with it. In the period of fasting you’re gh will be secreted more so than if you didn’t fast, which I argue will definitely contribute to weight loss and ultimately adherence.

You can't run with the big dogs if you piss like a puppy!