Hoff totals 3014

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
And Louie goes flying.....

good shit.

Battletoad

Reaction score
Hoff is a monster. I don't care what anyone says about multi-ply etc,..

He's a strong motherfukker. Legendary strong.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hoff is a monster. I don't care what anyone says about multi-ply etc,..

He's a strong motherfukker. Legendary strong.

I am ok with multi ply. I respect the hell out of it. Played with it but never competed. The bench shirt just absolutely eludes me. The complexity just blows my mind.

But I have a hard time respecting Hoff's squat records. He just doesn't even come close to depth.

And it's not just me saying it. Cause wtf do I know. Wenning has even publicly bashed them.

Video killed Westside.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Im surprised that a guy with the highest total in the world is only pulling 827.... (not saying that is easy by any stretch of the imagination, but there are tons of guys nowadays who can pull over 900 lbs.)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im surprised that a guy with the highest total in the world is only pulling 827.... (not saying that is easy by any stretch of the imagination, but there are tons of guys nowadays who can pull over 900 lbs.)

Those guys are generally built to deadlift. Hoff isn't at all. He is just plain brute forcing the bar to move.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
The guy is a brute for sure. And hes definitely a squatting and benching machine.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know why but him pushing that guy through the air just cracked me up lol

PoB - What do you mean he's not made for deadlift? Not a challenge, just curious what you mean.

BigJohnny

Elite
Reaction score
I was surprised by the deadlift as well! I’ve never lifted equipped but I’m not a against it if that’s what you do, but rarely are equipped squats deep enough. And I’m by no means a new age lifter that thinks it has to be an ATG crossfit squat to count!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I swear it’s awesome being short......:32 (20):

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know why but him pushing that guy through the air just cracked me up lol

PoB - What do you mean he's not made for deadlift? Not a challenge, just curious what you mean.

That guy was 70 something year old Louis Simmons

By made for deadlift I mean limb and torso proportions. Long arms small torso. Hoff is built more like a fire hydrant.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That guy was 70 something year old Louis Simmons

By made for deadlift I mean limb and torso proportions. Long arms small torso. Hoff is built more like a fire hydrant.
Gotcha, I've never paid attention to what body dimensions lend themselves to better lifts in different areas, appreciated.

Reaction score
His girlfriend posted some videos online but then took them down for some reason. I saw 2 of his squats, both a mile high. I even saw Dave Tate reference his squats as some of the better ones he has done, which still isn't saying he was even close to depth. At the end of the day, I feel like unless he misses a lift, he is going to get whites for almost anything. Judges just plain seem to be scared of him.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
His girlfriend posted some videos online but then took them down for some reason. I saw 2 of his squats, both a mile high. I even saw Dave Tate reference his squats as some of the better ones he has done, which still isn't saying he was even close to depth. At the end of the day, I feel like unless he misses a lift, he is going to get whites for almost anything. Judges just plain seem to be scared of him.

I am not usually a tin foil hat kinda guy but the fact that there is no vid is suspicious af

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If I were a betting man, I'd say his BP was 300/200 after that deadlift.

There will be no squat vids. If one makes it out, it will go viral around the world like a Kardashian sex tape.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Found this vid of a past "squat" of his. Doesn't seem to be much of a squat.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I am about clueless when it comes to PLing but i do know how to squat and that just doesnt seem like much of one.

The first vid of the dead lift was good, poor old dude getting tossed around!

New Threads