Elivo Sheiko run log

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Keep in mind your real goal is dropping BF. If you can’t do options #2 then go for a late night run. 5k :)

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Keep in mind your real goal is dropping BF. If you can’t do options #2 then go for a late night run. 5k :)

I think ill be able to get that day in on Wed, ill either use my sons membership to his 24hr gym, or i may get back in time to go to the golds thats a little further away that closes an hour latter.
Thats my only gripe about golds gym is its not 24 hours. But its the only one in the area that has the equipment that i need.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think ill be able to get that day in on Wed, ill either use my sons membership to his 24hr gym, or i may get back in time to go to the golds thats a little further away that closes an hour latter.
Thats my only gripe about golds gym is its not 24 hours. But its the only one in the area that has the equipment that i need.

I love Golds.......been a member for years!!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I love Golds.......been a member for years!!

I signed up for a 2 year membership with them once i realized they were going to be the only real option in my area. I like the place, its freaking huge and has everything you could need. Its the non 24 hour and closed on holidays that i dont like. Other than that, great place.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I signed up for a 2 year membership with them once i realized they were going to be the only real option in my area. I like the place, its freaking huge and has everything you could need. Its the non 24 hour and closed on holidays that i dont like. Other than that, great place.

I was lucky and signed up before they opened and only pay $26 a month and can go to any Golds:)

But I do hate the non 24 hr opening :(

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
There are a couple 24 hour places around me, one is PF, no thanks. The other 2 are like working out in a phone booth they are so small, and dont have nearly the equipment that golds does. I can use all of the local golds or i guess somewhat local ones with my membership, but mine is like 45/month.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There are a couple 24 hour places around me, one is PF, no thanks. The other 2 are like working out in a phone booth they are so small, and dont have nearly the equipment that golds does. I can use all of the local golds or i guess somewhat local ones with my membership, but mine is like 45/month.

Ive been lucky my whole gym life / gym monthly payments :32 (20):

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Week 1 day #3

Today was similar to day 1, was an easy day, had not trouble getting everything in and hitting all the lifts at all.

Bech
135 1 set x5 reps
165 1 x 5
190 1 x 4
205 2 x 3
225 2 x 2
205 2 x 3
190 1 x 4
165 1 x 6
135 1 x 8 no issues, felt light all the way up and back down.

DB flys
5 sets of 10 @ 40 pounds. went up from 30 i think previously, could probably do 45-50 in all honesty.

squats
185 1 set of 5
215 2 sets of 4
250 2 sets of 3
275 5 sets of 3 no real issues here, hit everything with little trouble. This was probably the roughest part of the day

Good mornings sitting

5 sets of 5...laziness got the better of me here and i used the lower back extension machine for this set at 205.

For the week, id have to say day 2 with all the dead lifts was the most challenging day of the week, days 1 and 2, while i felt like i got a work out, i had a ton left in the tank and could have done much more. We will see what week 2 has in store. Got the weekend of work to get through starting tonight.

Also to add, i feel like squat max is probably just about set right, im wondering if my bench and dead lift need to be bumped up a bit, on both days with bench and deads i had more weight on the heavier lifts just out of ease of the plates needing loaded, but i hit them all with no trouble. Ill wait and get someones opinion that has more knowledge on the program than i do lol

OK, i looked over next week, and it is looking like the volume and weight will be ramping up, so i think ill probably leave things as they are for now and see how next week goes.
Already looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome program, cant wait to see your strength gains at the end of the cycle!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome program, cant wait to see your strength gains at the end of the cycle!

Thanks bro, im hoping to shed some BF with this too, but im always game for being stronger. Still chasing that 300 pound bench, im almost there. Would be fuucking great if i hit it at the end of this program!! But im not going to reach too far ahead of myself, just going to concentrate on running this thing full tilt and keep my diet in check.

We will see at the end... ill be sure to post up new totals at some point when its finished

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Due to not being able to keep my eyes open from a long weekend of work, week 2 will start after a couple hour nap...will post update when done.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Week 2 day #1

So after some internal debating and a really quick convo with POB, i decided to go ahead and up my maxes for this week......oh, and Sheiko can kiss my ass!!

Squats
185 1 set of 5
225 1 set of 4
260 2 sets of 3
295 5 sets of 2 (just piss off)

Bench
140 1 set of 5
170 1 set of 4
200 2 sets of 3
230 5 sets of 3 ( much more work this time with the higher weight)

DB flys
5 sets of 10 @ 45lbs. we will stay here for at least this week

Push ups
5 sets of 10. (easiest damn thing i did today)

Front squats ( now these i never do because they hurt my shoulders having the weight on the front like it is, so i subbed in hack squats instead. If someone knows of a better subb for this please let me know, i just used heavier weight than the front squat called for. I did try the fronts but with only 135 on the bar i knew it was going to be an issue with the shoulders.)
What i did was
2 sets of 200 x3
2 sets of 275 x 3
4 sets of 315 x 2

Good mornings

5x5 used the back extension at 265 for this due to all the bars being occupied by this time.

Damn what a difference from the first week, shit was heavy, hard workout, found myself wishing Sheiko dead a few times today.
Literally had sweat dripping off of me by the time i was done, hell by the time i was half way done even.
The heavier maxes made a huge difference on the intensity of the workout and im glad i upped them.
im going to go crawl in a grave now...

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Week 2 day #1

So after some internal debating and a really quick convo with POB, i decided to go ahead and up my maxes for this week......oh, and Sheiko can kiss my ass!!

Squats
185 1 set of 5
225 1 set of 4
260 2 sets of 3
295 5 sets of 2 (just piss off)

Bench
140 1 set of 5
170 1 set of 4
200 2 sets of 3
230 5 sets of 3 ( much more work this time with the higher weight)

DB flys
5 sets of 10 @ 45lbs. we will stay here for at least this week

Push ups
5 sets of 10. (easiest damn thing i did today)

Front squats ( now these i never do because they hurt my shoulders having the weight on the front like it is, so i subbed in hack squats instead. If someone knows of a better subb for this please let me know, i just used heavier weight than the front squat called for. I did try the fronts but with only 135 on the bar i knew it was going to be an issue with the shoulders.)
What i did was
2 sets of 200 x3
2 sets of 275 x 3
4 sets of 315 x 2

Good mornings

5x5 used the back extension at 265 for this due to all the bars being occupied by this time.

Damn what a difference from the first week, shit was heavy, hard workout, found myself wishing Sheiko dead a few times today.
Literally had sweat dripping off of me by the time i was done, hell by the time i was half way done even.
The heavier maxes made a huge difference on the intensity of the workout and im glad i upped them.
im going to go crawl in a grave now...

perfect...

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’m shooting for 400 dl, 300 squat and 300 bench.
I got the squat over 300 already, so close to the bench, dl I’m fairly confident I’ll hit.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
forgot to post new maxes im using for this week

Squat 370
Dead lift 375
Bench 285

Judging from yesterdays workout, this should work nicely , and by nicely i mean its possible i may die LOL

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So pretty sure I got things set at work that I will get out of here early enough to have plenty of time at the gym to get today’s workout in. Will be a late one but it will get done!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Week 2 day #2

After not getting much more than 3 hours sleep last night, working 12 hours today (14 counting the drive) and being on my feet running around all day, Sheiko got the better of me tonight.....

Lifts to tonight was:

Dead to knee
185 1 set x3
225 1 set x3
260 2 sets x3
280 4 sets x2 about here is where i knew it was going to be a long workout.

Bench
140 1 set x6
170 2 sets x6
185 4 sets x6 Felt some pain in my shoulders on these sets, guessing left over from mondays more intense bench session but i pushed through it

DB flys 5 sets x 10 dropped down to 35s for this due to the shoulder pain that i felt through all of these too, again pushed through it all.

Dead from boxes (here is where the real fun started)

205 1 set x4
245 1 set x4
280 2 sets x4
315 4 sets x4 (this called for 300 but went the lazy rout, should have did 300, but i managed to hit all the sets and reps)

At this point it called for 5x5 lunges, but with both shins bloodied from the deadlifts, shoulders aching and just plain beat from a very long day, i called it and skipped the lunges....
Sheiko wins this round. I think had it not been such a long day and so little sleep, it still would have been a painful workout but a workout i was able to finish completely.

Need a shower and probably going to bed...lifting rest day tomorrow , ****ing hooray!!!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Week 2 day #3
Two weeks down, 2 to go. Today was an easier day than the last 2 by far. Still a good workout but not nearly as taxing.

Squats
185 1 set x 5
220 1 set x 4
260 2 sets x3
295 5 sets x2 got heavy at the end but things kept moving smoothly.

Bench still had some pain in the shoulders but not nearly as bad as wed.
140 1 set x5
170 1 set x4
200 2 sets x 3
230 2 sets x2 was surprised how easy this went up
215 1 set x 3
185 1 set x5
155 1 set x 7

DB fly i actually changed up and used cables today for this, ive always felt like i got a better squeeze and workout doing fly with cable so i gave it a shot
5 sets x 10 at 40

Squats....again
185 1 set x 5
220 2 sets x 5
260 4 sets x 4 everything kept moving smoothly all the way through, was surprised at that considering i had already been under the bar once

Good mornings 5 sets x 5

Week 2 was very much an eye opener compared to week 1. Intensity really kicked up this week, but ending it with a semi easier day was nice.
Looking for ward to a weekend off even though i will be working it . Shoulders can really use the rest time. Will spend the weekend with a lot of walking at work so will still be active.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Will not be any gym today due to sitting at hospital with wife waiting on her to go get her gall bladder taken out.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Will not be any gym today due to sitting at hospital with wife waiting on her to go get her gall bladder taken out.

Oh my, sorry to hear..sure all will go well...take care of her :)

New Threads