Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 685 Posts

Elivo Sheiko run log

So ill be starting Sheiko tomorrow, (today?) I had a few conversations with POB about this and told him what my current goals were. After talking with him im going to go ahead and give this thing a try.

Ill be starting with #29 obviously, ive looked over it and its a shit ton of volume, but it just so happens i like high volume lifting. But i dont think ive ever tried anything this high before.

The maxes im going to start out with are
    Bench 275 (this may be a low ball by 5-10 pounds but we will see)
    Squat 360
    Dead Lift 360

Found a handy little app that has the entire #29 program in it including what weight to use, lifts, sets, reps all divided up by days/weeks for the 4 week run.

Ill be continuing with the clean eating and keeping track of what im eating/calories during this. My main goal is still to drop the BF, and after my talks with POB, this program should help with that. Obviously it will still take hard work and a good diet.

I will be keeping up with my getting rid of the gut log as far as progress with that, i will be dedicating this one only to how the program goes and thoughts opinions on it. ( i got a lot of free times during the week)

Will not be running anything cycle wise at this time since i am not in the shape to get the best results from it, will continue my TRT that ive been taking for the past 6 weeks and thats about it. Maybe a pre workout and a protein shake tossed in here and there.

May have to get a little inventive with some of the lifts like the deficit dead, not sure the gym has something to stand on that would work, but ill figure it out. Everything else should not be a problem. On the 2 lifting off days during the week i am going to try to get in some light cardio work if for no other reason than to just get out of the house and not go stir crazy sitting around on my ass LOL.

I will post up after day one is done later and let everyone know how it goes!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elivo For This Useful Post:

Gibsonator (06-11-2018),jennerrator (06-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,682 Posts
    very surprised to see your deadlift at the same as your squat. Good luck on the program keep us updated brutha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gibsonator For This Useful Post:

Elivo (06-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,282 Times in 2,870 Posts
    low balling your maxes might actual be a good idea for you. Sheiko is an incredible program. probably my favorite. All you need for your deficit is a 45 lb plate it will work just fine. you don't need anything higher. Same for your block pulls, just stack some 45's. Believe me when I tell you'll very much appreciate your rest days with Sheiko.
    Last edited by Seeker; 06-11-2018 at 01:52 AM.
    I'm alot of shit but fake ain't it...

THERE IS NO PAIN
    that I cannot and will not fight through.

Strength First.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

Elivo (06-11-2018),HollyWoodCole (06-11-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonator View Post
    very surprised to see your deadlift at the same as your squat. Good luck on the program keep us updated brutha
    Yeah im not exactly sure how that happened, probably cause i have way more time under the bar squatting than i do pulling. Dead lifts were never a part of my workout until just a few months ago so im sure that had i been doing them the whole time i would be pulling in the 400s by now, well maybe high 300s LOL. im thinking that after running this it will kind of sort itself out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    low balling your maxes might actual be a good idea for you. Sheiko is an incredible program. probably my favorite. All you need for your deficit is a 45 lb plate it will work just fine. you don't need anything higher. Same for your block pulls, just stack some 45's. Believe me when I tell you'll very much appreciate your rest days with Sheiko.
    Thanks for the tips Seek

Thanks
    Thanked 16,157 Times in 7,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    He asked if he should be doing extra stuff on days off
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

Elivo (06-11-2018),HollyWoodCole (06-11-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    He asked if he should be doing extra stuff on days off
    Hell, now ill have both you AND Seeker busting my balls for a a stupid comment/question!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elivo View Post
    Hell, now ill have both you AND Seeker busting my balls for a a stupid comment/question!!
    Lol it's not stupid. It's just funny to anyone who has done this. You might think wow only 3 days of training but Jesus Christ are they awful days

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

Seeker (06-11-2018)

Thanks
    I just looked up #29, looks like a fair amount of volume but not as much as I would have expected but I may not be reading it correctly.

In this example it shows that there will be 34 reps on this day, correct?:
    Bench 50% 5 reps x 1 set, 60% 4 reps x2, 70% 3 reps x2, 75% 3 reps x5

Newbies Please Read: https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/3728-First-Cycle-All-You-Need-to-Know

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyWoodCole View Post
    I just looked up #29, looks like a fair amount of volume but not as much as I would have expected but I may not be reading it correctly.

In this example it shows that there will be 34 reps on this day, correct?:
    Bench 50% 5 reps x 1 set, 60% 4 reps x2, 70% 3 reps x2, 75% 3 reps x5

Yes that is correct. #29 is basically the introduction block for you to kind of get adjusted to it. It increases and decreases throughout the different blocks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Metalhead1 For This Useful Post:

HollyWoodCole (06-11-2018)

Thanks
    Well did day one, not sure what to say other than it was much easier than i expected it to be. I know some programs start off on the easier side but i hit all the lifts without any issues. Benches felt light the whole way through.

What i lifted today:
    Bench
    135 1 set x5 reps
    165 2 sets x 4 reps
    190 2 sets x3 reps
    205 5 sets x3 reps Felt fairly light the whole way through. Almost too easy

Squat
    180 1 set x5 reps
    215 2 sets x5 reps
    250 5 sets x5 reps this started getting heavy with the last 2 sets but finished with good form and no real issues

Bench
    135 1 set x5 reps
    165 1 set x5 reps
    190 4 sets x4 reps again easy all the way.

Dumbell flys 5 sets of 10 used 30s for this, could have used 40s but was being conservative, will have to go up next time though.

Good mornings 5 sets of 5.....never really did these before, so was more of a feel out session. used 70lbs for it. got them done, will use more weight next time now that im more comfortable with them.

All in all today didnt take very long at all and was not what i was expecting. So either 1. this program starts out easy...2. i did something wrong or 3. at least my bench max is set too low.

I look forward to any input.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elivo For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (06-11-2018),PillarofBalance (06-11-2018)

Thanks
    The fatigue will accumulate. Keep going.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast