Elivo Sheiko run log

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
You're doing great work E, and good job on listening to your body. We all have shitty days, but like PoB said, you still did a lot, and did more than a lot of people given the situation.

Keep pushing!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Week 4 day #2

bench
145 1x5
175 1x4
205 2x3
230 2x3
245 3x2 all went up, last couple got heavy but powered through.

deadlift
185 1x3
225 1x3
260 2x3
305 2x3
325 3x2
305 3x2. Dead’s are quickly becoming one of my favorite lifts to to, but shit this got heavy at the end.

bench...again
145 1x5
175 1x5
205 4x5. While dead lift has become one of my favorites, bench is quickly going south as far as enjoyment, 4 weeks of benching every damn workout is really taking a toll on the body.

fly
5x10 cable at 32.

good workout today, was dead by the end of it mainly from all the deadlifts, but felt pretty good all the way through.

1 day left!!!

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Last day tomorrow, honestly looking forward to a deloading week after this, I have never felt this beat up for this long ever, but it was a hell of a ride!

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Last day tomorrow, honestly looking forward to a deloading week after this, I have never felt this beat up for this long ever, but it was a hell of a ride!

E, you are straight killing it dude.....you earned a deload week...enjoy it:)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Doing great man. What's your plan for the deload?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’m thinking death?

honestly I don’t know, was just planning on haveing a light week next week and then I’ll be on vacation.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Week 4 day #3....final day of program!!

Squat

185 1 set x 5
220 1 set x 4
260 2 sets x 3
295 6 sets x 3 i will NOT miss 6 sets of heavy ass squats at all...

Bench

145 1 set x 6
175 1 set x 5
205 2 sets x 4
230 2 sets x 3
255 2 sets x 2 this called for 245 but i figured last day what the hell and upped it by 10, went up smoothly.
235 2 sets x 3 again this called for 230 but i went higher
205 1 set x 4
185 1 set x 5 called for 175 but just easier to keep it at 185
155 1 set x 8 was supposed to be 145 but figured i did all that other crap with more weight why not!

Fly
5 x 10 at 35 on cable

Dips
5x8 did body weight dips again, if anything im thrilled that i can now do these and plan to Incorporate them into my workouts going forward

good morning
5 x 5 ive never liked these and will probably leave them out of my workouts in the future.

Abs
3x 10 of hanging leg raises. i honestly need to do more ab work in the future esp with getting the weight off so i can make them big enough that they start to show once i get my bf down in the range where they may be visible lol.

So that is the end of this Sheiko run, i plan to just have a light week next week before vacation, depending on how i feel i may see about testing out some new 1 rep maxes to see what kind of progress i made. I can tell in general though that i have gained some strength while doing this, some of the heavier weights i was working out with for multiple sets would have been a 1 set double or triple in the past and now im doing 3-6 sets with that weight.

It took some getting used to only lifting 3 days a week, esp when going from 5 days prior to that, but i have to agree with POB and Seek and everyone else that said dont add any extra to this, its not a good idea and is a good way to really beat up your body.
For anyone tempted to give this a run, do what it calls for and leave it at that, no extra is needed, you will be hurting more than enough just doing the 3 days a week. I did manage to keep cardio on the off days but as the weeks went on, it became harder and harder to do cardio with the intensity that i had been and i had to tone it down a bit.

For anyone looking to up their strength or just likes a good challenge like me, give it a go, but be prepared, its not easy and its very punishing, but its a hell of a ride. Glad i did it, but glad its over too LOL.

Once i get my bench, squat and dead lift new maxes ill add it to this log to compare from where i started to where i ended up.

Thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement while running this!!!!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Great work!

Thanks dk, i did chest workout yesterday, was planning on going for a PR on it but once i got there and started warming up, i could tell that it was probably best to wait a bit longer and give my shoulders a bit more healing time. Im thinking after i get back from vacation and everything has had a week off to rest will be a better time.

But may go ahead tomorrow and see what i can get up to on squats. My legs feel fine....right now lol.

New Threads