Deadlift Meet Blast

Reaction score
What's up everyone, new to this forum.
I'll have a deadlift competition in October organised by the WPC (Andy Bolton's Deadlift challenge), so not tested.
I'm currently on trt (low test levels) at 200mg x week. Never went over 500mg of test, I used sdrol and 200mg of tren in the past.
I'm 26, 90kg bodyweight (although I will probably eat like a pig a month before the meet) I'd like to stay at that weight but I really want a 270kg Deadlift so who knows.
This is what I thought about feel free to give me your opinions

10 weeks out:
200 mg test e EW
400mg tren e EW

Week of the meet:
Halo 50mg ED

Thanks in advance
Raymond

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Where are you at now with your DL?

Reaction score
Where are you at now with your DL?

Last time I tested it was around Christmas mate, 230kg was taking only trt test dose and 200mg tren e.
I generally train Deadlift for speed and put more effort with volume on assistance exercises that I know will have carryover to my Deadlift(block pulls, rows, Shrugs, deficits).

I guess a 40 kg jump will be realistic in 4 months? I never used high doses so I guess 400mg of tren e will be plenty?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This looks familiar. Did I answer this at another board already? Guess I will stay out of this one lol

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You tell me. I ain't a mindreader

easy there bud, you have a good plan, halo maybe 10 days before the meet might be a better option so it is in full steam by the time you are ready to pull.

but listen to the power lifters, my arthritis is too bad for that shit

Reaction score
Sorry if that offended you mate but your reply sounded a bit cheeky so I got defensive lol didn't mean to be an arse. I just thought you were making fun of my plan or something, apology again

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice attitude. Considering I was correct and you did indeed post this at another board in which I offered you sound advice there.

Sorry if that offended you mate but your reply sounded a bit cheeky so I got defensive lol didn't mean to be an arse. I just thought you were making fun of my plan or something, apology again

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Last time I tested it was around Christmas mate, 230kg was taking only trt test dose and 200mg tren e.
I generally train Deadlift for speed and put more effort with volume on assistance exercises that I know will have carryover to my Deadlift(block pulls, rows, Shrugs, deficits).

I guess a 40 kg jump will be realistic in 4 months? I never used high doses so I guess 400mg of tren e will be plenty?

I'm a little confused; your original post said 10 weeks out and this post says 4 months.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that's a bit of a reach in 4 months. If you can add 40 kg (88 Lbs) in 4 months that would tell it's not the gear and one of two other factors. First one would mean you're not even close to your potential. Given your body weight; 90 kg (198 lbs) your current DL will get you by in a PL meet in the 198's, in the 220's it's not so good. The second factor would be associated with the first; you're not working your DL.

I personally would not be proud of a big gear gain; but that's me. How are your other 2 lifts?

Reaction score
I'm a little confused; your original post said 10 weeks out and this post says 4 months.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that's a bit of a reach in 4 months. If you can add 40 kg (88 Lbs) in 4 months that would tell it's not the gear and one of two other factors. First one would mean you're not even close to your potential. Given your body weight; 90 kg (198 lbs) your current DL will get you by in a PL meet in the 198's, in the 220's it's not so good. The second factor would be associated with the first; you're not working your DL.

I personally would not be proud of a big gear gain; but that's me. How are your other 2 lifts?

Deadlift variations and lots of back work increase my Deadlift more than Deadlift itself, at least it is what I experienced . If rows, block pulls and Rdl go up my Deadlift does as well, I tried working on heavy deadlifts (70-80%) and I actually lost strength. But that's just what is working for me at the moment.
4 months is from now until the meet, but the gear is 10 weeks out, considering that I get stronger every month even on 200mg trt only I would imagine that tren and halo would bring me to a 40kg jump a bit faster?

90kg bodyweight record in the deadlift is 350kg here in the UK (at least federations like GPC or WPC don't know about others), I'm not really looking for a record of course but I just really want to pull 270kg and have fun

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
so you will have 6wks to really be on a blast or decent cycle.

Id try to swap for tren a instead of e.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Deadlift variations and lots of back work increase my Deadlift more than Deadlift itself, at least it is what I experienced . If rows, block pulls and Rdl go up my Deadlift does as well, I tried working on heavy deadlifts (70-80%) and I actually lost strength. But that's just what is working for me at the moment.

I'm getting a little off the original post but I know what you mean with regard to the block pulls. I would only come off the floor maybe 3-4 weeks out. If you're like me, it has something to do with the location of your leg training and you may not even realize it.

4 months is from now until the meet, but the gear is 10 weeks out, considering that I get stronger every month even on 200mg trt only I would imagine that tren and halo would bring me to a 40kg jump a bit faster?

90kg bodyweight record in the deadlift is 350kg here in the UK (at least federations like GPC or WPC don't know about others), I'm not really looking for a record of course but I just really want to pull 270kg and have fun

Fuuk having fun; that's first-timer bullshit. Fun is what a 16 y.o. does with a new PlayStation Game. If this isn't your first time, you better be going for the throat.

Reaction score
I'm getting a little off the original post but I know what you mean with regard to the block pulls. I would only come off the floor maybe 3-4 weeks out. If you're like me, it has something to do with the location of your leg training and you may not even realize it.

Fuuk having fun; that's first-timer bullshit. Fun is what a 16 y.o. does with a new PlayStation Game. If this isn't your first time, you better be going for the throat.

What do you mean location of your leg training?

I generally do:
PULL DAY
Speed Deadlifts 50-60% 5x2 or 10 singles
Block Pull below knees
Strict rows or Yates rows
Power shrugs
High volume face pulls
Back extensions

PUSH DAY
Bench press
Close grip bench
Shoulder press
Incline dB bench
Decline dB bench

LEGS
Squat
Front Squat
Rdl or sldl
Leg curls
Leg extensions
Ab work

I used westside cause most powerlifters thought it was the best and It brought me me nowhere for a year. Might have been a bad implementation of the method but max efforts on a weekly basis were shite for me.
I actually brought my Deadlift from 180kg to 220kg(was also the first time I did a 500mg test cycle) in a few months just by doing lots of back and hamstrings work with high reps (15-20) and gradually increasing the weight and using lots of advice from watching George Leeman and Jesse norris.

BTW yes I'm a first timer lol i think it will take years to get any national record anyway. Guys of my weight class are definitely not using just 400mg of tren haha

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
What do you mean location of your leg training?

I generally do:
PULL DAY
Speed Deadlifts 50-60% 5x2 or 10 singles
Block Pull below knees
Strict rows or Yates rows
Power shrugs
High volume face pulls
Back extensions

PUSH DAY
Bench press
Close grip bench
Shoulder press
Incline dB bench
Decline dB bench

LEGS
Squat
Front Squat
Rdl or sldl
Leg curls
Leg extensions
Ab work

BTW yes I'm a first timer lol i think it will take years to get any national record anyway. Guys of my weight class are definitely not using just 400mg of tren haha

What are your rest days? Just trying to see how much time you have between Leg and DL work. I do DL block pulls right after Squats; I mean right after, like a 10 min rest.

Your DL is good for anyone in the 198's but a 550lb DL in the 198's can be done without any gear; just takes more time.

New Threads