Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Deadlift Meet Blast

What's up everyone, new to this forum.
    I'll have a deadlift competition in October organised by the WPC (Andy Bolton's Deadlift challenge), so not tested.
    I'm currently on trt (low test levels) at 200mg x week. Never went over 500mg of test, I used sdrol and 200mg of tren in the past.
    I'm 26, 90kg bodyweight (although I will probably eat like a pig a month before the meet) I'd like to stay at that weight but I really want a 270kg Deadlift so who knows.
    This is what I thought about feel free to give me your opinions

10 weeks out:
    200 mg test e EW
    400mg tren e EW

Week of the meet:
    Halo 50mg ED

Thanks in advance
    Raymond

Thanks
    Thanked 6,914 Times in 3,005 Posts
    Where are you at now with your DL?
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Thanks
    Welcome to the ug..I’m sure you’ll get plenty of help.
    I landed a chopper in the middle of a Cuban prison riot so I think im good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robdjents For This Useful Post:

Beefandmilk (06-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Where are you at now with your DL?
    Last time I tested it was around Christmas mate, 230kg was taking only trt test dose and 200mg tren e.
    I generally train Deadlift for speed and put more effort with volume on assistance exercises that I know will have carryover to my Deadlift(block pulls, rows, Shrugs, deficits).

I guess a 40 kg jump will be realistic in 4 months? I never used high doses so I guess 400mg of tren e will be plenty?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,044 Times in 6,180 Posts
    This looks familiar. Did I answer this at another board already? Guess I will stay out of this one lol
    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    This looks familiar. Did I answer this at another board already? Guess I will stay out of this one lol
    You tell me. I ain't a mindreader

Thanks
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefandmilk View Post
    easy there bud, you have a good plan, halo maybe 10 days before the meet might be a better option so it is in full steam by the time you are ready to pull.

but listen to the power lifters, my arthritis is too bad for that shit

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gymrat827 For This Useful Post:

Beefandmilk (06-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,044 Times in 6,180 Posts
    Nice attitude. Considering I was correct and you did indeed post this at another board in which I offered you sound advice there.
    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

BigJohnny (06-13-2018)

Thanks
    Sorry if that offended you mate but your reply sounded a bit cheeky so I got defensive lol didn't mean to be an arse. I just thought you were making fun of my plan or something, apology again
    Last edited by Beefandmilk; 06-13-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Nice attitude. Considering I was correct and you did indeed post this at another board in which I offered you sound advice there.
    Sorry if that offended you mate but your reply sounded a bit cheeky so I got defensive lol didn't mean to be an arse. I just thought you were making fun of my plan or something, apology again

Thanks
    Thanked 6,914 Times in 3,005 Posts
    Last time I tested it was around Christmas mate, 230kg was taking only trt test dose and 200mg tren e.
    I generally train Deadlift for speed and put more effort with volume on assistance exercises that I know will have carryover to my Deadlift(block pulls, rows, Shrugs, deficits).

I guess a 40 kg jump will be realistic in 4 months? I never used high doses so I guess 400mg of tren e will be plenty?
    I'm a little confused; your original post said 10 weeks out and this post says 4 months.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that's a bit of a reach in 4 months. If you can add 40 kg (88 Lbs) in 4 months that would tell it's not the gear and one of two other factors. First one would mean you're not even close to your potential. Given your body weight; 90 kg (198 lbs) your current DL will get you by in a PL meet in the 198's, in the 220's it's not so good. The second factor would be associated with the first; you're not working your DL.

I personally would not be proud of a big gear gain; but that's me. How are your other 2 lifts?
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    I'm a little confused; your original post said 10 weeks out and this post says 4 months.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that's a bit of a reach in 4 months. If you can add 40 kg (88 Lbs) in 4 months that would tell it's not the gear and one of two other factors. First one would mean you're not even close to your potential. Given your body weight; 90 kg (198 lbs) your current DL will get you by in a PL meet in the 198's, in the 220's it's not so good. The second factor would be associated with the first; you're not working your DL.

I personally would not be proud of a big gear gain; but that's me. How are your other 2 lifts?
    Deadlift variations and lots of back work increase my Deadlift more than Deadlift itself, at least it is what I experienced . If rows, block pulls and Rdl go up my Deadlift does as well, I tried working on heavy deadlifts (70-80%) and I actually lost strength. But that's just what is working for me at the moment.
    4 months is from now until the meet, but the gear is 10 weeks out, considering that I get stronger every month even on 200mg trt only I would imagine that tren and halo would bring me to a 40kg jump a bit faster?

90kg bodyweight record in the deadlift is 350kg here in the UK (at least federations like GPC or WPC don't know about others), I'm not really looking for a record of course but I just really want to pull 270kg and have fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast