Which Needle Size For Which Site

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's got nothing to do with pain for me. I just use the smallest gauge I can to keep scar tissue at a minimum. Of course I could use slin pins exclusively, but I'm not the most patient person, so 25g is a good compromise for me.

I rotate many injection sites as well. But considering I could potentially be injecting myself for 40 years or more I figure I'd try to keep scar tissue to a minimum.

I went from trt 2x/wk to once per week. I don't notice much of a difference.

I was using Cyp once a week, it was fine :)

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
It's got nothing to do with pain for me. I just use the smallest gauge I can to keep scar tissue at a minimum. Of course I could use slin pins exclusively, but I'm not the most patient person, so 25g is a good compromise for me.

I rotate many injection sites as well. But considering I could potentially be injecting myself for 40 years or more I figure I'd try to keep scar tissue to a minimum.

I went from trt 2x/wk to once per week. I don't notice much of a difference.

That is actually something i never really thought of, it makes sense cause weather going on cycle or just doing TRT you are going to be injecting yourself for a long time.
Thats something ill keep in mind Jin, thanks for that tip!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is actually something i never really thought of, it makes sense cause weather going on cycle or just doing TRT you are going to be injecting yourself for a long time.
Thats something ill keep in mind Jin, thanks for that tip!

Lol exactly...now I obviously used WAY less liquids than men do so I was lucky to use a slin pin for cycles and TRT and of course inject different areas:32 (17):

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is like a broken record. Been pinning for 30 years. No scar tissue, never heated anything, no problems drawing. for glutes 22 1.5, everything else 23.1. Draw and pin with same needle. Never an issue. Ever! 25s are stupid. Things can't draw for shit. Warm your gear? Lol I take warm showers and shits. I don't fuking warm my gear.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
This is like a broken record. Been pinning for 30 years. No scar tissue, never heated anything, no problems drawing. for glutes 22 1.5, everything else 23.1. Draw and pin with same needle. Never an issue. Ever! 25s are stupid. Things can't draw for shit. Warm your gear? Lol I take warm showers and shits. I don't fuking warm my gear.

First, I want to acknowledge that you are more of a man than I am.

Now that we got that out of the way....

My reasoning stems from a comment Ecks made about his injection sites getting scarred up and not even being able to push a needle in. "They feel like styrofoam" I believe he said.

I use (and reuse for multiple draws- never an issue) an 18g to draw and a new 25g to pin. Even though I don't use the same to draw and pin I'd bet my method is quicker because there is zero lag drawing with an 18.

Wow, this is a pretty petty discussion. To each his own!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First, I want to acknowledge that you are more of a man than I am.

Now that we got that out of the way....

My reasoning stems from a comment Ecks made about his injection sites getting scarred up and not even being able to push a needle in. "They feel like styrofoam" I believe he said.

I use (and reuse for multiple draws- never an issue) an 18g to draw and a new 25g to pin. Even though I don't use the same to draw and pin I'd bet my method is quicker because there is zero lag drawing with an 18.

Wow, this is a pretty petty discussion. To each his own!

did i hit a nerve? because I wasnt intending to. the man more than you comment? I'm my own man. not looking to be better than anyone else. I don't recall replying to your post or calling you out. your method is quicker? congratulations! yeah you're righ t it's petty. But since you got so butt hurt over how I do or dont do things and took it personal that you had to call me out then good luck with you and your future. don't ever communicate with me again.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
did i hit a nerve? because I wasnt intending to. the man more than you comment? I'm my own man. not looking to be better than anyone else. I don't recall replying to your post or calling you out. your method is quicker? congratulations! yeah you're righ t it's petty. But since you got so butt hurt over how I do or dont do things and took it personal that you had to call me out then good luck with you and your future. don't ever communicate with me again.

Sorry Seeker. Not my intent at all. You did not hit any nerve and I was trying to be funny.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
im using the yellow ones - 27GA

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry Seeker. Not my intent at all. You did not hit any nerve and I was trying to be funny.

same here man. we're def good. my goofy cockyness.sometimes comes across wrong. thanks for the words.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I can't use a 25g with test prop. Tends to plug the needle so I do 23. Also my prop keeps crashing. Wife keeps bedroom in 60's. (Pregnant heat flashes) so I simmer some water. Break up the crystals and then inject the nectar of the gods in either my glute ,quad or delt.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
Tractor supply. 22 by 1inch . just have to watch for a bleeder once in a while

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't forget that you can cut the cap and use that to vary the depth of your pins.

If you leave the bottom .5" of the cap intact and re-install it your 1.5" pin is now effectively 1". Saves from having to buy multiple pin length if you pin the same gauge in different areas.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Don't forget that you can cut the cap and use that to vary the depth of your pins.

If you leave the bottom .5" of the cap intact and re-install it your 1.5" pin is now effectively 1". Saves from having to buy multiple pin length if you pin the same gauge in different areas.

Wow. That is brilliant Ron.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I think it probably all comes down to personal choice/preference and experience. I doubt there is a right or wrong way to do it. Well, there probably are wrong ways but not anything that anyone has discussed here.

Battletoad

Reaction score
I use 25g 1" for everything, myself. Just a good all purpose needle.

Oblivious

Reaction score
im using the yellow ones - 27GA
Jesus I could only imagine how long you sit there with the 27g, I draw with 23 and pin with 25, still takes a solid 2 min

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
21 g X 1 1/2 for everything besides small groups like.bis rarely do them but for this
Slin

New Threads