Recommended OTC supps while trying to lower BF

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Im not talking the bullshit fat burners that are advertised all over the damn place or anything like that, more along the lines of vitamins and things of that nature.
Right now i have some bcaa that i use intraworkout and protein powder. But thats it (not counting TRT)

Anything out there that i could be taking that would help that you guys can think of?

I already know about EC stack and have already read where that is probably more useful around 15% BF.
I know about DNP and dont have any intention of using it.

Im thinking more along the lines of stuff that you can get at any store.

And yes i am aware that diet and training are the biggest parts of lowering BF and dropping weight, i think i got that in check finally, but something to help or i guess even something that i should be using in general to help overall.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Don't know why ephedrine and caffeine wouldn't help you at higher BF.

Thats your best bet I think.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score

Someone mentioned it, i think in my fat loss log, ive been using it still , just not 3 times a day. Mostly ive taken it as a pre workout and maybe 1 other time in the day.
On the weekends i still use it 2 to 3 times a day mainly so i dont start pigging out on all the shit food that is at work all the time.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not really a supplement, but I will suck on a piece of bakers chocolate. No fat burning effects, but it’s gross enough that I don’t feel like eating anything afterwards.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Not really a supplement, but I will suck on a piece of bakers chocolate. No fat burning effects, but it’s gross enough that I don’t feel like eating anything afterwards.

Not sure ive ever been that hungry!

Reaction score
If you can get your hands on real ephedrine that would be great. The best i have had was Kaizen seems like it only ships our of Canada maybe they are headquartered there never looked into it. Something happened a few years ago Canada stopped export to the US. Last several years ordering other off brands from the UK and they have all been crap compared to Kaizen.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score

That was me that mentioned it. Sure, it always does it’s job and helps regardless of BF but I physically didn’t think it was worth it. You feel like a meth addiction and it raised my already high BP.

At higher BF%, it’s so easy to drop weight without feeling like crap. Just my 2cents

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That was me thar mentyined it. Sure it always dies it’s job and helps regardless of BF but I physically didn’t think it was worth it. You feel like a meth addiction and it raised my already high BP.

At higher BF it’s so easy to drop weight without feeling like crap. Just my 2cents

Yep, I can’t help it but totally a non believer in using aids like this to hurry and lose weight (or use them ever) just bust ass and when you do loose it, it will last.:)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im not talking the bullshit fat burners that are advertised all over the damn place or anything like that, more along the lines of vitamins and things of that nature.
Right now i have some bcaa that i use intraworkout and protein powder. But thats it (not counting TRT)

Anything out there that i could be taking that would help that you guys can think of?

I already know about EC stack and have already read where that is probably more useful around 15% BF.
I know about DNP and dont have any intention of using it.

Im thinking more along the lines of stuff that you can get at any store.

And yes i am aware that diet and training are the biggest parts of lowering BF and dropping weight, i think i got that in check finally, but something to help or i guess even something that i should be using in general to help overall.

Supplements that work are called "drugs"

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
OP, there’s a bunch of sups that theoretically work but aren’t worth the time. Green tea extract, L-Carnitine etc. - don’t bother.

I think DK is right, the only useful things are ones that help suppress your appetite. Ephedrine certainly does that. I’m sure there’s simple OTC appetite suppressants but I never had the need. Spongy’s ties had me tired of eating lol.

I liked BcAAs because they satiated me without it being a bunch of sugar. You’d get just as much protein from chicken or eggs but it’s nice to have a drink that tastes good. (Ignoring the cost)

oh, I do think hard dieting is the one time a multi-vitamin really has its benefits. It’s a good catch all of you’re eating a very narrow diet.

Thats all I got. As Jen would point out, make changes to your lifestyle... not just a momentary diet. It’ll last more in the long run.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
BCAAs are a waste of money if protein intake is optimal. Which it should be.

The EC stack works regardless of body fat levels. I recommend it for all healthy folks trying to optimize fat loss.

EGCG can help when combined with the ec stack to inhibit COMT, which prevents the catecholamine release from being degraded too soon. Useless by itself.

Tyrosine is useful at extending some of the benefits of the ec stack (energy enhancement, appetite suppression) but also useless by itself.

Everything else is designed to counteract some of the side effects of dieting rather than help with fat loss directly. Stuff like fish oil, multivits, etc are useful for maintain general health. Calcium, magnesium, etc to counteract electrolyte loss through water on certain diets (keto, etc). Some folks struggle with sleep on low carb diets and 5-htp, melatonin, etc might be useful here. And on & on it goes.

Everything else OTC is a waste of money and not worthy of discussion.

Last edited:

El Gringo

Reaction score
look into kratom. has an adderall/modafinil type effect. lowers your appetite and has a stimulant effect. also numbs pain better than taking 4 advils, so you won't feel lethargy or weakness while dieting. you can buy it at a head shop [depending on which state you live in] [banned/illegal in some states], but you'll pay about 1/10 of the price if you buy it from an online vendor. I have a big appetite so trying to keep it under control is my biggest challenge when dieting. it might just be me, but I find Kratom works better than adderall, ephedrine, dmaa, etc... for reducing hunger. just don't do it too often where you rely on it for getting out of bed everyday.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
See, I never get the meth feeling on EC...now granted it’s the bronkaid or primatine version but it mainly helps with appetite for me.

I still am of the opinion that dnp just isnt isn’t for me at all. I’ve seen the stuff works by logs in here of people on it, but I’d rather not feel like that much shit lol.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
See, I never get the meth feeling on EC...now granted it’s the bronkaid or primatine version but it mainly helps with appetite for me.
I still am of the opinion that dnp just isnt isn’t for me at all. I’ve seen the stuff works by logs in here of people on it, but I’d rather not feel like that much shit lol.
The "feeling like shit" DNP users tend to do dumbass inferno cycles with high doses. The idea being to feel like shit but get it done as soon as possible. It's stupid and not something I recommend for anyone. Then you have people like me who use low doses for longer periods of time with minimal side effects.

Not that I'm recommending you run DNP without doing some extensive research before hand (extensive = reading scientific data, asking smart people about things you're unclear on, etc, etc). This isn't a compound to be taken lightly.