I think I’m new here

Reaction score
Got an email saying that I haven’t been on here in a while. I don’t remember ever being here before! The funny thing is that I was just starting to think about doing another cycle once I’m done dieting so it came at the perfect time.

A little background on me: I’m 40 years old, been lifting on and off for years. The only time I stopped lifting is from injuries. I’ve got one real cycle under my belt and that was a few years ago. 15 weeks at 500mg test weekly. I absolutely loved being on. I gained a bunch of muscle and strength and just felt amazing the whole time.

Right towards the end of the cycle I destroyed my knee again, not lifting but something at home. That took me out of the game for a bit. Got the knee somewhat working (3 surgeries later and it still sucks but whatever) then early last year I severed tendons and nerves in my wrist at work. That one was bad. Couple surgeries, my left hand was completely immobile and I was miserable. Probably didn’t lift for 6 months?

Once that was back working again the ****in thing was pretty much useless. Wouldn’t hold any weight. So I spent the better part of the end of last year and beginning of this year doing nothing but trying to get my bench numbers back up to somewhat respectable. That’s all I was focused on, so I was eating a ton and every workout was with that in mind. My hand didn’t want to hold 225 but I wanted 405. Took a ton of work but I got it. Then I looked in the mirror and said Jesus Christ I’m 285.

So 6 weeks ago I said eff all that noise, time to cut. So I’m doing keto like a mofo and intermitent fasting. Changed the workout to reflect the goals and just been hammering on the diet. I was 285 6 weeks ago, 242 right now. I’m gonna cut til 220. Next winters goal is 405 at 220. I know these aren’t any amazing ground breaking things but they’re big for me.

Im on trt, have been for 2 years. More than likely I’ll do another test cycle this coming winter. I’ve got plenty of time to find a new source lol. Anyway, I’ll be poking around the site!

Last edited by a moderator:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
New or not; good to see ya posting up. That diet is well know for quick losses but not always sustainable. Good you're getting your shit right; past 40 y.o. it just makes it harder to change yourself in many ways.

Reaction score
Thanks Snake. Yeah I’ll be the first to tell you that I don’t believe this diet is a good idea in any way. But it litteraly rips weight off fast. I just don’t know how else to do it, it’s all I’m familiar with! I think I looked better at 285, right now I feel super soft and flabby. I just keep telling myself to carry on and it will come around....

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG...again???

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome back

We were all wondering where u have been

Glad u logged in again

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board! Im doing keto too and feeling like a small little bitch... It sucks. But the goal is to get rid of all that fat. Just make sure you keep your protein up at like 1.2 grams per pound of bodyweight. All the keto info out there saying to keep the protein lower is fof medical ketosis, not for bodybuilding/athletes.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome back.

Reaction score
Thank you all, happy to be here! I didn’t realize there were still active forums. I thought that was all lost in the Facebook era. I got rid of that shit a while ago and it’s nice to see a place that’s still used!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck getting what you’re working for!!!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Post up and make friend. Sending nudes to Kim is allowed

New Threads