Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Shit my strength is garbage. Maybe I’ll cut IF out of the equation and just go keto.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 615 Posts

Keto alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight30weight View Post
    Shit my strength is garbage. Maybe Iíll cut IF out of the equation and just go keto.
    Don't get hung up on strength if your goal is appearance.

Some of my greatest strides occurred once I was able to define what my goals were and define myself as a bodybuilder as opposed to a weight lifter. The two aren't completely independent, but once you make up your mind as to whether you are training for appearance or strength a lot of things will fall into place and a lot of the noise will get drowned out.
    Last edited by dk8594; 06-19-2018 at 03:25 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

automatondan (06-19-2018),jennerrator (06-19-2018),Jin (06-19-2018),nimrod69 (06-26-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8594 View Post
    Don't get hung up on strength if your goal is appearance.

Some of my greatest strides occurred once I was able to define what goals were define myself as a bodybuilder as opposed to a weight lifter. The two aren't completely independent, but once you make up your mind as to whether you are training for appearance or strength a lot of things will fall into place and a lot of the noise will get drowned out.
    For now, appearance. I train hard, I should somewhat look like it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (06-19-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,164 Times in 2,497 Posts

Its a lifestyle...all of it takes time...the way it is
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jennerrator For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (06-19-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 615 Posts
    Just have realistic expectations and donít be too hard on yourself. I look the same day by day and even week by week. Itís not til I look at the changes from month to month and year to year that I can really see the fruits of my labor. Itís a journey not a sprint. Just get going. Be consistent. Be patient.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (06-19-2018)

Thanks
    Shit my strength is garbage. Maybe I’ll cut IF out of the equation and just go keto.
    Jin already slapped you with the cock of truth. Your doing great for exactly what your goal is. Just as he said, you cant have it all. If ur dropping bodyfat like a boss, something is going to give and thats strength.

Here is my opinion considering I do bothe keto and IF.

Suck it up, swallow your pride and get down to the bf % you want. Make sure you stick with the keto and IF REALLY hard. While you are losing all the weight, your body is going to learn how to get fat adapted and switch over to burning those ketones efficiently. After you get down to the Bf% you like, I suggest trying to break your fast right after a workout. I do OMAD but if you can tske it, a 20/4 fast is amazing. If you go 20 hours fasted then have a good weight training session, break your fast with something to spike that insulin and have a really nutritious meal that is going to feed those muscles after the heavy workout. Then 2-3 hours later have your second/last meal and make it all keto. The last keto meal should make sure you are getting into ketosis and maintaining that BF% you worked for.

I have played around with my routine and got it so that after a mega carb meal outlined above, 3 hours later I was back into ketosis. Its like the best of both world. You get that ketosis to keep burning the fat but also the carbs right after your big work out.
    "What hurts more, Physical pain or Mental pain? What hurts more, getting punched in the face or getting your heart broken?" -Tashi, HCX MMA

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MS1605 For This Useful Post:

Jin (06-19-2018),KINGIV (06-26-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,016 Times in 1,953 Posts
    Bill Phillips
    Body for life
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MS1605 View Post
    Jin already slapped you with the cock of truth. Your doing great for exactly what your goal is. Just as he said, you cant have it all. If ur dropping bodyfat like a boss, something is going to give and thats strength.

Here is my opinion considering I do bothe keto and IF.

Suck it up, swallow your pride and get down to the bf % you want. Make sure you stick with the keto and IF REALLY hard. While you are losing all the weight, your body is going to learn how to get fat adapted and switch over to burning those ketones efficiently. After you get down to the Bf% you like, I suggest trying to break your fast right after a workout. I do OMAD but if you can tske it, a 20/4 fast is amazing. If you go 20 hours fasted then have a good weight training session, break your fast with something to spike that insulin and have a really nutritious meal that is going to feed those muscles after the heavy workout. Then 2-3 hours later have your second/last meal and make it all keto. The last keto meal should make sure you are getting into ketosis and maintaining that BF% you worked for.

I have played around with my routine and got it so that after a mega carb meal outlined above, 3 hours later I was back into ketosis. Its like the best of both world. You get that ketosis to keep burning the fat but also the carbs right after your big work out.
    I do a 22/2 fast on Mondayís and occasionally I do it on Tuesday as well. I find fasting to be really easy, I take a big shot of olive oil and Iím good for the day. I have shit tons of energy, I believe itís because I keep my fat intake high. My cals are far below maintenance, which is why the weight is falling off. My fear is losing muscle, or lots of muscle. But Iíll stay at it until I get where I feel I should BF% wise. Itíll be a while!!

Thanks
    its difficult to do a complete 180, you know? Eating all day, super low reps, no cardio. Then boom-complete flip flop. Iíll stay the course, thanks for your thoughts.
    100% agree, but change is inevitable, embrace it. Keep logging your journey and figure out what works for you.

Also something else to look into is 'Ketosis Mimicking Diet' here's a good video on it which goes into the specific foods, then you can switch back to a diet higher in carbs (i.e. paleo for strength.

Numero Uno

Thanks
    Could be possible your cortisol is so high at this point, you may benefit from carb cycling a few days a week to diminish that effect. Those few days of carbs will spike your natural thyroid levels as well blunt cortisol effects.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you piss like a puppy!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage Strength View Post
    Could be possible your cortisol is so high at this point, you may benefit from carb cycling a few days a week to diminish that effect. Those few days of carbs will spike your natural thyroid levels as well blunt cortisol effects.
    I guess I never mentioned it but I have been doing more of a ckd, I eat carbs one day a week. I may do some trials with a second day to see what the effects are.

Im at the end of week 8 and Iím down 50lbs. Iíd like to get to 220 and try to maintain that weight while still getting my bf% low. After the bf% comes together, Iím going to experiment with trying to get my strength up while still on keto.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12