Advice on weightlifting belts

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I love this place everyone is ADHD as fuuk like me, we went from weight lifting belts to bitch mittens to how to be a man examples and then screaming hemorrhoids in the gym during reps lol

well the one talking about screaming hemmeroids in the gym was you so......lol

Reaction score
I have an inzer lever I lover it, I have had to adjust it with a screwdriver a few times through bloat and lean times lol. It is easy to do and takes a minute. It is ok for a new belt, because you wont make it as tight, If you buy a good belt it will be with you for many many years. that being said if you are at one end of the spectrum for sizing . the look at a strength shop double prong 10mm for under 50 bucks.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol I ****ed it up years back when I was drunk one night and it never healed properly.

It seems like everyone's voting that I take them off, fine I hope one of you go to the same gym I do and I don't want to read a post about the screaming guy at the gym. In fact just to make it fun I'll start screaming hemorrhoids and that way you'll know it's me LOL

What does gloves have to do with your wrist?

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
What does gloves have to do with your wrist?

Well I thought wraps were still considered bitch mittens, maybe they still are at the way I wear them I don't know. I go around my palm and my wrist, it's the only way I can seem to reduce any of the pain. It feels like it's the actual connection from my thumb to my wrist, if you grab my right and my left wrist you can feel the difference in the left one, it is raised and can feel the bone like it's over grown in my left hand but only in that area. So to break it down the best I can, left hand thumb and wrist I'd say around my middle finger once it gets over to the other side of my middle finger towards my pinky my wrist and everything is perfectly fine.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
well the one talking about screaming hemmeroids in the gym was you so......lol

yeah I don't know why I had flashback during the discussion LOL when me and my buddy were like 13 or 14 years old and lifting weights at the YMCA, if I was struggling with the last rep and my face blood red he would **** with me and scream hemorrhoids every now and then, so I start laughing like hell and say **** it, during our little daily competitions in the gym. I don't know why but it worked every almost every time. I'm lucky I never just dropped the damn thing on myself. We lifted together until we're 18 years old and then we were out of school and got jobs and different schedules. I stayed lifting just started working out by myself, he on the other hand got into drugs real bad from what I heard, kind of sad.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Lifting with gloves I worse than sex with a condom bro. Ditch those stinky things and develop some callouses. You'll forget what a blister is. My wife and I both have Shiek lever belts.

Reaction score
I like inzer belts.

Do not buy a lever belt as you are losing weight. They are a pain during that process.

A single buckle is enough

Gloves aka bitch mittens should never be worn in the gym. Ever.

I also have an Inzer single prong and swear by the thing.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Amazon a good place for an Inzer? Assuming cheaper that rout than direct?

Just remember to measure around where you are going to wear it; don't use your pant size.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah I need to do that lol, also any big diff between tapered or non? Noobish questions I know but I’ve never bothered with one before lol

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah I need to do that lol, also any big diff between tapered or non? Noobish questions I know but I’ve never bothered with one before lol

If you haven’t used one before, I would suggest you go to a sporting goods store and get a feel for what you think will work for you. Difference between leather and nylon. Difference between tapered vs non-tapered. Differences between brands. Etc. You’ll know the right one when you put it on.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
If you haven’t used one before, I would suggest you go to a sporting goods store and get a feel for what you think will work for you. Difference between leather and nylon. Difference between tapered vs non-tapered. Differences between brands. Etc. You’ll know the right one when you put it on.

I don’t know what all the sporting goods store close to me has in the way of brands but I’m sure they have diff types and styles. I’ll have to head up there and give some a try.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
That looks very interesting, ill look that up and see whats what, thanks Bricks!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don’t leave us hanging! What did you get?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Don’t leave us hanging! What did you get?

LOL nothing yet dk, i have not had any time to actually go try any of them on. One other thing i did want to ask, what is the difference between a powerlifting belt and i guess just a normal belt?

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Bought an Inzer belt and absolutely hated it. I gave it away. It was so uncomfortable. I know, i know, they're not really for comfort but for function but dang this thing hurt to use during a lift. I just got a Dark Iron fitness 4" belt and I love the thing!