Advice on weightlifting belts

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL nothing yet dk, i have not had any time to actually go try any of them on. One other thing i did want to ask, what is the difference between a powerlifting belt and i guess just a normal belt?

Thickness and flexibility. Not to over complicate things, but I have one of each. I have an inzer powerlifting belt for heavy squats that makes it feel like I am squatting in a steel barrel and I have a regular nylon belt for things like upright rows where I just want a little support.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Thickness and flexibility. Not to over complicate things, but I have one of each. I have an inzer powerlifting belt for heavy squats that makes it feel like I am squatting in a steel barrel and I have a regular nylon belt for things like upright rows where I just want a little support.

Ok so any suggestions on the best rout to go if i only want one belt LOL. I plan to lift heavy no doubt, but also plan to focus on first the fat loss and then size.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’d still suggest you go try some on. It’s a individual thing; there isn’t a thing as the “best belt”. What you want to do is find the best belt for you, your body shape, and your training style.

Sorry that’s not much help. Asking what the best belt is is a lot like asking what’s the ultimate shade of blue; they’re all good. It just depends on what shade you like.

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Please. Dont wear gloves (aka- bitch mittens). Dont order your meat well done, order it rare or medium rare if you are in a sketchy part of town. Never skip leg day. Everyday is leg day. Open doors for ladies and the elderly. These are basic rules of manhood.

I have this belt:

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Iron-Fi...448606&sprefix=weightli&sr=8-3&ref=mp_s_a_1_3

It is fairly inexpensive and effective. I like the double clasp.
Ordered and received this belt over the weekend, can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Thanks for posting Dan!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
let me know how you like that one Hollywood
Will do buddy. What I can say is the material seems FAR superior to the bs belts the gym supplies, can't wait to try it out.

New Threads