Advice on weightlifting belts

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So im in the market for a belt, never had one before, never used one before, but with the weights starting to get up there i figure i better start thinking of safety a bit more.

Whats everyones take on them and what style should i be looking for.

Other than doing this Sheiko program my focus will still be more on fat burn and then hypertrophy. I know there are diff types for diff styles of lifting ( i think) so i figured id ask the people who are in the know.

Ive always lifted raw pretty much, ill use gloves when my hands are torn up from the bars from time to time and straps for dead lifts till my grip gets stronger and can hold the 300+ pounds but thats about it.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
I've only had one belt, the only time I ever use it is when I'm lifting heavy and increasing strength, where form may suffer a little bit.

it was made by Everlast and is all leather. my father bought it when he was a teenager, then pass it on to my brother and years later he passed it on to me. it's still in great shape and it's been used alot in my family and will be passed onto my children.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
like pillar said the inzer buckle is nice except when u have to keep busting out a screwdriver to adjust it

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
I like inzer belts.

Do not buy a lever belt as you are losing weight. They are a pain during that process.

A single buckle is enough

Gloves aka bitch mittens should never be worn in the gym. Ever.

If I take my bitch mittens off I'm going to be screaming every single time I do a rep from the wrist pain LOL

I mean really which one do you prefer, the guy screaming in the gym like someone just put his nuts in the grinder or looking at his bitch mittens? lol

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
bitch mittens are why some people have issues with grip strength. But then again most guys who wear them are doing tricep kickbacks and working out in the pink dumbell area

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
If I take my bitch mittens off I'm going to be screaming every single time I do a rep from the wrist pain LOL

I mean really which one do you prefer, the guy screaming in the gym like someone just put his nuts in the grinder or looking at his bitch mittens? lol

wear your callus with pride man

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Please. Dont wear gloves (aka- bitch mittens). Dont order your meat well done, order it rare or medium rare if you are in a sketchy part of town. Never skip leg day. Everyday is leg day. Open doors for ladies and the elderly. These are basic rules of manhood.

I have this belt:

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Iron-Fi...448606&sprefix=weightli&sr=8-3&ref=mp_s_a_1_3

It is fairly inexpensive and effective. I like the double clasp.

Last edited:

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
bitch mittens are why some people have issues with grip strength. But then again most guys who wear them are doing tricep kickbacks and working out in the pink dumbell area

lol I ****ed it up years back when I was drunk one night and it never healed properly.

It seems like everyone's voting that I take them off, fine I hope one of you go to the same gym I do and I don't want to read a post about the screaming guy at the gym. In fact just to make it fun I'll start screaming hemorrhoids and that way you'll know it's me LOL

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

ok, I have to ask as I’m missing why you wear gloves for a wrist issue? Why not wrist wrap? I wear those due to wrists just giving out when going heavy as fuuuck.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
yeah I use wraps but I still wrap it around my palm because it hurts right near where my thumb and my wrist connect.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah I use wraps but I still wrap it around my palm because it hurts right near where my thumb and my wrist connect.

So you wear wrist wraps? Lol Mine don’t wrap around my hands.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
I love this place everyone is ADHD as fuuk like me, we went from weight lifting belts to bitch mittens to how to be a man examples and then screaming hemorrhoids in the gym during reps lol

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep....lol everyone has different opinions and issues :32 (20):

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
OK then thanks for the tips on the belts
LOL as far as the “bitch mittens” I only use them when a callus or blister rips open on my hands, 95% of the time there are no gloves worn!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I love this place everyone is ADHD as fuuk like me, we went from weight lifting belts to bitch mittens to how to be a man examples and then screaming hemorrhoids in the gym during reps lol

Hey I may have given tips on being manly (youre welcome), but I also posted a link to the belt I use which is cheap and effective.

New Threads