TRT and Tbol?

jbeard82

Reaction score
Anyone done this? I’ve been reading a ton and think I might go this route for my 1st cycle. I was thinking Var but a poster on here seemed to really hate Var and kinda scared me so I waited longer before I added something else to my test c and started looking at alternatives. I was thinking 50mg of Tbol for 6 weeks along with test. Got bloods back and I’m at 833 on test. Trying to gain a few lbs of mass without all the water that dbol gives. I’ve also thought about EQ and run it 12-14 weeks.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what is your trt dose at..?

var and tbol are close, idk why someone would hate on var..?

personally, i love tbol

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
how many years you been on it..?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just got on it at the beginning of this year.

I think it was March/April you got on TRT, right? Did you ever find a trainer to help you with your routine and diet?

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
why dont you wait for the TRT to really shine...?? Give it 6 months, dial in your diet and training and you will grow.........I promise.

while 220 isnt a huge dose, its more than enough to jump start things and get you going again. If you stay on for a year and still want more......than run another compound...or shit, just up the tes.

jbeard82

Reaction score
I think it was March/April you got on TRT, right? Did you ever find a trainer to help you with your routine and diet?

Yes I believe you’re right. I’d need to go back and look at the exact date. Never got a trainer for diet. Just kinda started doing it on my own. I’m 5’7” 172lbs at 15% bf. I lift 5 times a week.

monday chest (variation from dumbell for 2 weeks and then olympic 8bar for 2 weeks and then machine for 2 weeks if available)

My workout routine if anyone cares.

flat bench press.. 15, 5, 8, 8 all to failure
incline bench press same thing
flys 15, 5, 5, 8

tuesday back

bent over single hand rows 15, 8, 5, 8
lat pull downs same thing
seated narrow rows same thing
dead lifts 12, 5, 8,

wed shoulders

military press 15, 8, 5, 8
wings 15, 8, 5, 8
forward rope shoulder raises 15, 8, 5, 8
shrugs 15, 12, 8, 8

thrusday legs
squats 12, 5, 8, 8
hamstring curls 12, 8, 5, 8
calves 15, 15, 8, 10 (this is though to do if you dont have the right amount of weight at your gym.. go 20, 20, 15, 15 if you dont)
quad extensions 12, 8, 5, 8

friday bi/tri
standing bent bar curls 15, 8, 5, 8
standing dumbell hammer curls 15, 8, 5, 8
standing rope straight bar pyramid.. max weight to 4 and then drop weight and do 4.. repeat till your down to nothing on weight.. so it looks like this

200x4
180x4
160x4
140x4
120x4 and so on until you reach the lowest weight possible on the cable rope system

Obviously if I miss a day I carry that days workout over to the next.

jbeard82

Reaction score
why dont you wait for the TRT to really shine...?? Give it 6 months, dial in your diet and training and you will grow.........I promise.

while 220 isnt a huge dose, its more than enough to jump start things and get you going again. If you stay on for a year and still want more......than run another compound...or shit, just up the tes.

Ok let me ask you this. I’ve read mixed reviews if tst really helps with gains in the gym. For me I don’t feel like it’s done anything for me in the gym. Seriously! But what it has done for me is get me motivated and gave me a huge boost of energy and my libido is through the roof now! I feel great. But I cant honestly tell you that the gains I’ve gotten from going to the gym was bc of tst. The tst has for sure motivated me to go. I’m stronger and leaner of course but damn isn’t that what going to the gym will do anyways if you make it a habit of going? Not trying to start an argument. I’m learning.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I may have already said this to you previously, but im going to say it anyways...

In my first year of straight TRT at 200 mg per week of testosterone, I gained some serious muscle mass and lost fat. People accused me of being on steroids. But it was all diet, training, and my TRT dose. I think I gained like 20 lbs that first year. Steroids are only as good as the food you provide your body to grow... But that applies to your TRT dose just the same. Provide the nutrients your muscles need to grow and the TRT dosage will do the rest. Oh, and squat and deadlift.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Ok let me ask you this. I’ve read mixed reviews if tst really helps with gains in the gym. For me I don’t feel like it’s done anything for me in the gym. Seriously! But what it has done for me is get me motivated and gave me a huge boost of energy and my libido is through the roof now! I feel great. But I cant honestly tell you that the gains I’ve gotten from going to the gym was bc of tst. The tst has for sure motivated me to go. I’m stronger and leaner of course but damn isn’t that what going to the gym will do anyways if you make it a habit of going? Not trying to start an argument. I’m learning.

See my post above. You are not providing your body with enough food to grow.

In that first year, I had pretty much more than doubled my daily caloric intake. My body would have grown whether I lifted or not. Food trumps everything else.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I feel like we covered this already when you were starting TRT and asking about Anavar.

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/26354-TRT-and-Anavar-question?highlight=jbeard82

I won't speak for the others, but my opinion regarding starting TRT and then jumping into a cycle hasn't changed.

jbeard82

Reaction score
I may have already said this to you previously, but im going to say it anyways...

In my first year of straight TRT at 200 mg per week of testosterone, I gained some serious muscle mass and lost fat. People accused me of being on steroids. But it was all diet, training, and my TRT dose. I think I gained like 20 lbs that first year. Steroids are only as good as the food you provide your body to grow... But that applies to your TRT dose just the same. Provide the nutrients your muscles need to grow and the TRT dosage will do the rest. Oh, and squat and deadlift.

Thanks for your input. I don’t do much squatting. I have some serious knee issues. 9 years pounding concrete while in the Army pretty much f’d me up.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you need to be doing the big 3.....Squat, DL, bench.

You should be doing those 3 every week, no questions asked.

As said, the 220mg is more then enough to get you to grow. You just need good, clean cals and poof.....you will grow like a weed. squats and DL's will put way more weight on you then benching, etc.

Those 2 lifts probably hit 60/70% of the muscles in your body

jbeard82

Reaction score
you need to be doing the big 3.....Squat, DL, bench.

You should be doing those 3 every week, no questions asked.

As said, the 220mg is more then enough to get you to grow. You just need good, clean cals and poof.....you will grow like a weed. squats and DL's will put way more weight on you then benching, etc.

Those 2 lifts probably hit 60/70% of the muscles in your body
. I agree but I’m not gonna f up my knees anymore by doing an exercise that literally makes my knees feel like they’re going to burst. My Dr advised me the same thing. It is what it is sadly. Now, I still will do leg exercises and get on every machine possible. My legs aren’t neglected.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
. I agree but I’m not gonna f up my knees anymore by doing an exercise that literally makes my knees feel like they’re going to burst. My Dr advised me the same thing. It is what it is sadly. Now, I still will do leg exercises and get on every machine possible. My legs aren’t neglected.

just make sure you get good muscle breakdown with what your doing.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score

I have bad knees too. The leg machines seem to aggravate my knees more than squats and deadlifts (with proper form). Have you ever had someone who really knows their shit help you out with your form? There are also many different variations of the squat which you could try until you find a variation that works for you.

My knees hurt at first starting up squatting if I have not squatted in a ling time, but honestly they tend to hurt even more if I dont squat. Squatting makes your knees stronger (so long as you have correct form).

jbeard82

Reaction score
I have bad knees too. The leg machines seem to aggravate my knees more than squats and deadlifts (with proper form). Have you ever had someone who really knows their shit help you out with your form? There are also many different variations of the squat which you could try until you find a variation that works for you.

My knees hurt at first starting up squatting if I have not squatted in a ling time, but honestly they tend to hurt even more if I dont squat. Squatting makes your knees stronger (so long as you have correct form).

i have tried a few different ways. Still kills me. It literally feels like tendons under my knee caps are about to burst. So I dunno. I have no workout partner. I work 10-13 hour days. I never know when I get off work so it’s hard to coordinate times. I start work at 4am as well. Oh well.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I'll echo this with Dan.

Getting my form corrected and not using machines made a massive difference in my ability to be mobile and add mass. My knees are bad to the point where I absolutely cannot run, but I am able however to squat and dl relatively well. Not doing so makes me hurt much more than actually getting in there and making it happen. I would suggest you work with someone to establish proper form with very light weights and work your way up.

jbeard82

Reaction score
I'll echo this with Dan.

Getting my form corrected and not using machines made a massive difference in my ability to be mobile and add mass. My knees are bad to the point where I absolutely cannot run, but I am able however to squat and dl relatively well. Not doing so makes me hurt much more than actually getting in there and making it happen. I would suggest you work with someone to establish proper form with very light weights and work your way up.

Thank you for the advice.

New Threads