Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    Second what was stated above and this: also measure your progress by how you feel. You have got to be noticing a difference in just walking up a flight of steps with 70 lbs of fat gone. That type of thing trumps how you look in the progress dept. Keep on going and don't get discourage. When you're looking at how far you have to go, make sure you turn around and look how far you've gotten
    It's like night and day, honestly. I used to feel like my heart was going to explode just trying to walk a quarter of a mile. Now I do 3 miles uphill every morning at around 3.5mph and feel amazing after.

I'll keep taking pictures. The definition will come eventually.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to epicurous For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (06-22-2018)

Thanks
    mate, u need to be patient with this.
    it's no a sprint. not even a year has passed by.

let's take it from this perspective. how much time of your life u been doing nothing and eating sh*it vs doing workouts/cardio and looking after what u eat ?

often when my clients seem to be stuck I ask them this and they shut up straight away) saying nothing bad ofcourse , but be patient.
    StayHumble - StayHungry.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,113 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Let's flip this; if you put on 70 lbs in under 1/2 a year, would you notice it? Well hell ya! So if you pealed the same off in the same time, why would it not be noticeable?

I bet in other pics you can see the difference, you just go to the worst one. It's okay, we all do it. Lol

One other suggestion, if you haven't, tape yourself. The tape doesn't lie and it's a good tool for anyone. Also tape everything, not just your midsection. (PP optional)
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesnít work hard.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (06-23-2018),epicurous (06-23-2018),Robdjents (06-23-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    mate, u need to be patient with this.
    it's no a sprint. not even a year has passed by.

let's take it from this perspective. how much time of your life u been doing nothing and eating sh*it vs doing workouts/cardio and looking after what u eat ?

often when my clients seem to be stuck I ask them this and they shut up straight away) saying nothing bad ofcourse , but be patient.
    You're absolutely right. I had a bad accident back in 2007. I got hit by a drunk driver, rolled my truck and crushed my legs. Doctors told me I would probably never walk un-assisted again. I was stuck in bed for almost 2 years. I had to have pretty much everything done for me. I lost all hope, started having intense panic attacks and wound up severely depressed. The VA doctors wouldn't do shit to help me. I stopped giving a **** about anything and everything. I lost friends. I lost my social life. I started eating myself to death. It was the only thing that made me feel remotely better about my situation.

Last year I gave up on feeling sorry for myself and started researching low impact ways to regain mobility. Started doing short walks around the neighborhood. Eventually managed get them done without help from a cane or trekking pole. After a couple months I noticed that I had lost a few pounds and that my knees didn't hurt as bad as they usually did.

That completely blew me away and gave me the motivation I needed to try harder. Since then I've been doing everything I can to turn this shit-show around. I'm done being a victim. 100% committed to change my lifestyle. But, I need to remember to be patient for sure.

Thanks
    Dude, youre kicking ass! Especially because Im sure they pumped you full of de-motivating opiods for ages. Keep on trucking brother and dont sit quietly if you need some questions answered or just some motivation. You might be posting a pic of your abs in another year or two!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

epicurous (06-23-2018)

Thanks
    For me, exercise has always been the key to removing (or keeping at bay) my depression and anxiety. I bet you have seen the same thing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Dude, youre kicking ass! Especially because Im sure they pumped you full of de-motivating opiods for ages. Keep on trucking brother and dont sit quietly if you need some questions answered or just some motivation. You might be posting a pic of your abs in another year or two!
    Thanks, man. Yea, I was prescribed oxy for about year and a half, then they switched me to vicodin. I quit taking them quite a while ago and don't miss it all. As far as anxiety - I can still get panicky in crowds, but have been doing a lot better lately. You're totally right, staying active has helped with that a lot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by epicurous View Post
    Thanks, guys. I guess I should just be patient. I just kinda hoped I would be showing a little more progress by the halfway mark, so it's a little frustrating.

I appreciate the help.
    I lost weight in areas that I didnít notice until later. Fat under my armpits and all over my back. You donít realize how many random places your body hides it until itís all gone.

as DK mentioned your stomach is showing clear progress to the rest of us. The overhang is clearly less then it was. Figure that your stomach change is only a small percentage of the weight youíve lost and then imagine the other 80% being peeled off your back and other areas I mentioned. Itís coming off, I promise you that.

if youíre close to 5í10 and an average to slightly thicker build then you wonít see the big change until you get under 180. Everyone else will see it LONG before that but you wonít see it yourself until that point.

just remember youíve already figured out how to take the weight off. If you keep doing what youíre doing youíll be under 100lbs in a 2-3 years. Iím willing to bet you find a great place to stop long before you reach that point
    ďWhen you put your heart/soul and defecation into something so passionately it's hard not toĒ -Gibs

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (06-23-2018),epicurous (06-23-2018)

Thanks
    I can see alot of progress, I'm with ya bro. Keep it up.
    Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ccpro For This Useful Post:

epicurous (06-24-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 840 Posts
    You can definitely see a difference already. Keep chipping away and you will get where you want to be.

DNP is for pussies. Fix your diet and do work, you lazy fuk.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSwolePump For This Useful Post:

epicurous (06-24-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12