TRT beginning to show its stripes

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow. I'm really surprised, and kind of impressed, that he admitted that. That explains why most Docs try to gives average person 2 or 3 scripts their way out the door rather than suggesting no pharmaceutical interventions (exercise and diet)

I was surprised also but he’s straight forward which I like..was I irritated that...that’s how I found out why the amount went crazy..just a tad lol but I don’t stress over shit that’s past!:32 (20):

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
what is with making him stop for 10 days..running hcg....and then back on test???????
Maintain fertility I would assume.

I've seen a few endos do something similar - intersperse cycles of test with HCG - in order to preserve fertility. It's also mentioned a few times in the literature. This is done over the course of months rather than days though.
Of course this is kind of an outdated (by a few years) approach since we know that hCG works just fine alongside TRT, no need to separate the two. Could be a cost issue in the US too (not being able to afford to run both all the time).

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maintain fertility I would assume.

I've seen a few endos do something similar - intersperse cycles of test with HCG - in order to preserve fertility. It's also mentioned a few times in the literature. This is done over the course of months rather than days though.
Of course this is kind of an outdated (by a few years) approach since we know that hCG works just fine alongside TRT, no need to separate the two. Could be a cost issue in the US too (not being able to afford to run both all the time).

Thanks! Not bad if they are trying to do stuff properly but we know how that is...

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
My wife is an IVF case. We have like a dozen embryos frozen still. My fertility matters zero

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Actually, yes there are docs who get money from pharmaceutical companies. The 2010 Physicians Payment Sunshine Act was passed and designed to increase the transparency of pharmaceutical company/physician payment relationships for Medicare/Medicaid. The increase in transparency and any actual effect its had on prescribing practices is questionable at best. If you had a question about if your doc was getting a "kick back" you should be able to find this out.

This is the link to the CMS search engine for this info.

By the way, I found this info in a 30 second Google search....just sayin

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Wife had to do IVF to get pregnant so I have embryos still on ice if we want more kids.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Wife had to do IVF to get pregnant so I have embryos still on ice if we want more kids.

I get that.

Do do you have sperm on ice?

If not and you become infertile, then she cannot have your kid. Hence your fertility matters.

As I stated before, the safest way to play it is to freeze some sperm.

Although it's very unlikely you'll become Infertile on trt, it's a higher chance than not being on trt.

Running hcg concurrently with trt will most likely be all you need. Plenty of guys remain fertile even in heavy cycles without hcg.

Everybody is different. It's a roll of the dice.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Embryo isnt an egg. It's already fertilized and reached blastocyst stage

Reactions: Jin

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I sense the sarcasm. But with a pile of embryos already made, why would I concern myself with fertility? Serious question

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Schooled!

i had no idea thanks for the lesson.

I sense the sarcasm. But with a pile of embryos already made, why would I concern myself with fertility? Serious question

I'm a sarcastic guy in real life and on the Internet. Even my wife is confused sometime. But, no, my comment was genuine. I did not grasp there was a difference between an egg and a fertilized embryo.

Agree. No need for you to maintain fertility.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I'm a sarcastic guy in real life and on the Internet. Even my wife is confused sometime. But, no, my comment was genuine. I did not grasp there was a difference between an egg and a fertilized embryo.

I missed the difference also. I was tempted to make a joke about your math meaning 1+0=2. Always learning something new on here.

well I guess I knew an embryo wasn’t an egg but the first time I read your post my mind took it as an egg. I assumed IVF froze just the egg.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I thought the same thing , confusing egg with embryo, and thought wtf does it matter if she froze her eggs if you cant juice them up!! Thanks for the education!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

*if you plan on sticking with your wife for life:)

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Not gonna have any more kids either way. Id like to bang about 6 million women so if my wife leaves me or dies, my lack of active sperm will be a blessing.

Ironwood

Reaction score
Glad you are reaping the benefits of TRT. Always good to have a fellow Dawg around.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
After 10 weeks of trt I pressed 8 reps at 275 on my first work set on incline. Before trt I might have gotten that for 5, maybe. Id imagine to be making those kind of gains that I was more hypogonadal than I had thought.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
After 10 weeks of trt I pressed 8 reps at 275 on my first work set on incline. Before trt I might have gotten that for 5, maybe. Id imagine to be making those kind of gains that I was more hypogonadal than I had thought.

Give yourself some credit. This ain't all trt. A lot of it is your own attitude and belief about what you are capable of.

New Threads